• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How bad was the Johto team really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of his Jouto Pokemon have great potential. But that is up to the writers as to how they decide to develope said potential, wich is harder now since Ash's team has literally doubled in size since they last battled.

The writers did great giving them such individual personalities thou (minus Noctowl..that thing doesn't really have one). Even compared to the later guys they stand out in the department.

But only time will tell. It's almost a given that the Jouto guys could get redeemed atleast during the filler arc. Let's just hope the writers' decision turns out positive.

The Johto team do not need to get redeemed because they had a lot of great potential,they are really strong like Ash's other teams and the writers did a really cool job with them there's nothing wrong with them at all they are perfectly fine the way they is.

Yes..it was so freaking kick ass and beyond awesome to see Charizard take all the spotlight in the Jouto League while the likes of Noctowl and Cyndaquil where left aside just to prepare for the Oaking...

Again, you just keep stating your opinion but don't really back it up. How are they equally strong to Ash's other Pokemon? =/

So are you trying to say that i'm lying which i'm am not.Cyndaquil it not weak but it is strong it took down pryce powerful Dewgong by diving into water something a weak pokemon can't do,it also defeated a Exeggutor in the Johto league so its not weak,Totodile have prove to be really strong it took down that Kingra at the Wirl cup and a Charizard at the battle park that team rocket used in battle,it also defeated harrison's Sneasel at the Johto league so it can battle really well.Charizard did not take away any spotlight from Cyndaquil but it was Ash's first fire type pokemon so it make a lot of since for it to come back for the Johto league since he its Ash's strongest pokemon,as for Noctowl i can't really say to much about it since it was not used a lot it did took down morty's Gengar,well that should back up my opinion but you still need to deal with the fact that the Johto team its strong like the other teams.

See, there we go if you backed up your opinions you wouldn't have people saying you could be wrong. =/

Now I can say that you bring up a good point to take into consideration. Cyndaquil taking out a Dewgong does give him some credibility to be seen in the same light as Torkoal, maybe even Chimchar (before he evolved atleast).

Totodile may have beaten a Charizard..but then again that was under TR's control. And he wasn't used so much in the harder, more important battles. So I still can't see him on par with Buizel or Corphish.

Noctowl...I think it's almost universal that that thing really isn't special despite having a unique moveset...

No body is saying that i'm wrong but you,you just don't want to admit that the Johto team is as strong like the other teams because what you say about them don't really add up and it also make it look like you lying.Cyndaquil taken down Dewgong give him a lot credibility and more spotlight compare to Torkoal who was not even used a lot during Hoenn, dont get me wrong i love Torkoal but he should have been used a lot more,Totodile beaten that Charizard single handedly in that battle and it does not matter if it was under Teamrocket's control because the battle still counts anyways,Totodile is strong and on the same level as Buizel and Corphish who its strong but not really important like Squirtle who was Ash's best and first water type pokemon that he ever had.

Well in my opinion I think the Johto thing was a bit weaker than the others, well I didn't thought that back then when Johto ended and all, but after Hoenn and the Battle Frontier ended I kinda started thinking that the Johto thing could've had a little more spice, or they could just evolve Cindaquil (Actually only one of the Johto Pokemon I liked was Cindaquil and that was only cause it could evolve into Typhlosion) I think that the team was raise well and it certainly shows a bit of the fact that you don't always need to evolve to become stronger, but all in all I think that in a sense of battle strength and all, the Johto and Hoenn team are probably tied up.

The Johto team just needed evolutions. They were caught in an era when the writers hardly evolved Ash's Pokemon.

They wouldn't even evolve Phanpy back in Johto...we had to wait till BF for it to evolve!

I think the agreement is that they simply ran out of time with Phanpy. As we saw, evolution in Johto was about as scarce as water in the Sahara Desert. The time frame for evolutions that they were working with back in Johto would not have caught up by the league.

But yeah, Johto Pokemon need Evolutions and ATTACKS.

You know why people thought the Pokies were bland back in the day? Because they'd pop out and you'd hear this: "Use Razor Leaf/Water Gun/Flamethrower" They were walking utility closets!

The Johto team do not repeat do not need any evolutions because they are really strong the way they are,this crap needs to stop because they are not the weakest team their attacks are really great so there its no reason for them to evolve period,the reason Phanpy came back for the BF and evolve was because he was born late in Johto, and this crap that some of you guys are saying is one of the biggest lies that some of the fans make up and Scott85 really need to get over his Johto hate because its getting really old and stupid.

Just like your comments which you keep repeating, we all have our own opinions that we have in our minds, if a person likes every other team better than the Johto team then they can believe that cause that's their opinions, and it isn't exactly something the famdon invented cause I've been thinking that Johto isn't as good as the other since before I started taking Pokemon seriously

I'm not repeating anything i do have my own opinions just like you guys do, you guys need to learn to accept the fact that the Johto pokemon are good like the rest of Ash's other pokemon.

emanuellburnell, stop being so argumentative. People are complaining to the staff about you. Your opinions are your opinions, but stop stating them as if you're right and everyone else is stupid.

i know emanuel is an extreme johto lover. which is fine, i like the too. but i admit they arent his best team... i do however think that people underrate them because of there lack of evolution

i know emanuel is an extreme johto lover. which is fine, i like the too. but i admit they arent his best team... i do however think that people underrate them because of there lack of evolution

I agree, a lot of people think that the Johto Tam was bad just cause it didn't have enough evolutions, which isn't really a good reason since a lot of Ash's Pokemon haven't evolve and they have turned in powerhouses.

I agree, a lot of people think that the Johto Tam was bad just cause it didn't have enough evolutions, which isn't really a good reason since a lot of Ash's Pokemon haven't evolve and they have turned in powerhouses.

Well, when you at it from the AG and DP teams perspective what seems to be making the even more powerful is the fact that they're evolving. And bringing back Phanpy to evolve him add to the whole evolution idea.

No body is saying that i'm wrong but you,you just don't want to admit that the Johto team is as strong like the other teams because what you say about them don't really add up and it also make it look like you lying.Cyndaquil taken down Dewgong give him a lot credibility and more spotlight compare to Torkoal who was not even used a lot during Hoenn, dont get me wrong i love Torkoal but he should have been used a lot more,Totodile beaten that Charizard single handedly in that battle and it does not matter if it was under Teamrocket's control because the battle still counts anyways,Totodile is strong and on the same level as Buizel and Corphish who its strong but not really important like Squirtle who was Ash's best and first water type pokemon that he ever had.

Dude didn't you read my last post?! I said COULD BE wrong.

And you obviously don't read because I actually commented positively about Cyndaquil and he could maybe even be compared to Chimchar. Wow.

I guess you just prefer reading things without proper punctuation. -_-

Geodude i was not being argumentative i was just voicing my opinions,i don't no why they are complaining to the staff about me i should be the one complaining which i did push the report button on Bladewarrior.Geodude and Chosen of Mana don't no why you guys are taken their side over minds which its a bit unfair to me but if i was trolling i did not mean it and if i did insulted the other members i mean no disrespect to them are anyone else.The AG and DP teams are not really the same they are very different the Hoenn team did not even have a lot of evolutions they only had about three and that don't mean this team its any better,i like the Sinnoh team they are a lot stronger then the Hoenn team however Phanpy coming back to evolve did not add to the evolution thing at all plus evolution does not have anything to do with the Johto team at all people still like them even if they did not evolve which have nothing to do with people liking them, Kameinu i do no how to read really well and do punctuation really good.

If you mean no disrespect and what not, please, start using punctuation and spacing? I can assure you it'll make you look better than what you seem now. @_@

I'm am really mad at Geodude and Chosen Mana for taken your guys side over minds which is unfair and i did not even say anything about anyone being stupid,i did not even break any rules are did anything wrong at all, that's its really being racist to me for something i did not even do and Scott85 can get away with hating Johto but when i say something about the Johto team its not weak every body goes to the staff and complaining to them about me which its kinda treated me in different from the other member's by allowed the other's memeber's who those do wrong get away with things,and i do no how to do punctuation really good just to let you no i'm better at doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom