• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Do You Organize Your PC Boxes?

I organize my boxes as I see necessary and as I need origination of my Pokemon.

Right now I've had an Event Pokemon Box, a Swarm Box, a Trophy Garden, Starters, and my team all in their respective boxes so I can find things easier.

I really wish they gave you enough boxes to fit all 490 Pokemon, but they don't. :(

I really wish they gave you enough boxes to fit all 490 Pokemon, but they don't. :(

18 x 30 = 540 >> 490...

WAT

(It's true that with event Pokemon included, there isn't much space left, but there's still a little left over from the 490 you fit in there.)

I currently have 2 boxes filled with Pokes I care about (My teams from various games, some sentimental favourites), one full of Pokemon with great IVs, and the rest is just filler boxes.

EVOLVED1, EVOLVED2, EVOLVED3 and EVOLVED4 for fully evolved Pokémon that I don't use at all. TRADE for those I plan on trading. LEGEND for Legendary, Pseudo-Legendary, level 100 Pokémon or shiny Pokémon. NOOBS1, NOOBS2 and NOOBS3 for unevolved Pokémon I plan on evolving.

In HeartGold, the last box is where I keep "Special Pokémon" (in-game team, EV'd Pokémon), box before that is the same. The three boxes before that are Event boxes. The rest? Random.

With White, I have the first box as 00-29, then I go up with the Unova Pokédex. Last box is a Special/Event box, while ones before that are 2 for PokéShift, and 1 for Dream World.

I always sort like this: [In PtHGSS]
Main - Stuff like battling stuff, HM slaves, and immediate use.
Boxes 1-10 - Pokémon storage for Dex purposes. Caught and traded Pokémon.
Legend 1-2 - Legendary Pokémon.
Event 1-2 - Event Pokémon.
Shiny 1-3 - Shiny Pokémon.

I reserve the first two boxes for my most important Pokemon. Sometimes I divide them by gender; boys, which also contains several genderless Pokemon (XD) and girls. While my other method is between the main members and the shinies I got.
The third box has spare legendaries for the Pokedex, the fourth and fifth have random Pokemon also obtained for completion, and the sixth has starters that I don't use (or will go for breeding more shinies with the Masuda Method?). The rest are empty.

I have never organized my boxes, not once. I plan to change this with Black and White, however. I will have:

1. Two boxes for my main team/HM slaves/Battle Tower Pokémon, and Ditto if I'm not using it.
2. One box for legendaries.
3. One box for Shiny Pokémon.
3. The rest will be by National Pokédex number.

I don't organize.. but sometimes I put them on boxes who have fitting Backgrounds. Like water pokémon in water background.
Now I realized how my boxes are confuse. ):

I have a living Pokedex in Diamond, though they're all mostly in the Ranch at the moment. I've got my Parties in one box, Events in another, shines in yet another, a box reserved for storing Masuda until I release them, a box for Pokerus, a box for Synchro Ralts of every nature, a box for some Dittos, several boxes to store breeding chains... I think that's all. I'm too lazy to go upstairs to check at the moment.

In HG, I'm working on a living Kanto and Johto Dex, as a full living dex just takes up too much space for the what I have to store... Anyway, this game is largely the same: A box for the Parties, a box for Events/special pokemon (not in game legendaries), a box for HM slaves/Capturers/Hatches/generally useful pokemon, boxes for the gender different pokemon (in Kanto & Johto). That's it for now, I think.

I have way too much time on my hands.

I organize mine by type. My water box is completely filled up. SO is my psychic. Too many unown. I have one box titlled "Extra" If I run out of room. I mainly use it for eggs and stuff.

At first I just leave them be or I'll create a box named "catches"

Then I just organize them like this:
Water
Fire
Grass
PSN/Bug
RCK/GRND
Elec/Fly
Dark/Ghost
Dragon
Fighting
Ice/Psych
Normal
Steel
Catches
Unown
*my player name*:s box

Lately, I've allso creating box's for "Tiers" and "J.F.F (just for fun)"

So...Typing, though it's random at first.

The order I catch them in. However I do group legendaries and starters together. My regular legendary beasts sit right next to meh shinies though. It is pretty cool to toggle back and forth between them to see the differnce. :loopy:

Does anyone else get OCD when they see an empty spot in their boxes? I know that I can't leave any empty spots permanently, I have to fill every box up as far as I can.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom