• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How the Anime Is/Was Made (production cels and sketches!)

This is very cool indeed. Me on the other hand, being more into the voice acting would rather see footage of voice actors recording, both original and dub... but still cool =)

Cool, thanks for sharing, awesome. Especially like the first gif and last one.

Animation is an incredibly labor intensive process. Always has been, always will be.

True, it takes 6 months for the cast of Futurama to make one episode so it could be similar for these episodes too, maybe a little less as futurama has lots going on in each frame of the episodes usually.

thanks for sharing, this has got to be one of the coolest threads i have seen here.

I've seen 'em before on sunyshore.com, but still incredible! <3

While I prefer the gorgeous clarity of HD, I agree that nothing beats how natural and lovingly done traditional animation looks and feels. So beautiful! Even with the silly smudge on the cels or dust on videos, they always have held so much of a natural charm and appeal to me.

True, it takes 6 months for the cast of Futurama to make one episode so it could be similar for these episodes too, maybe a little less as futurama has lots going on in each frame of the episodes usually.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, in Pokemon, they do this stuff four months prior.

Again, nice episode to take cells from. Nice to see how an episode is made during the animation process. Then again, the Surge Gym Battle was actually my favorite Gym Battle in Kanto. Looking at those cells makes me wish there was a DragonBox treatment for Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom