• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ048: Shine! The Brilliance of Fire and Art!

I'm pretty sure all of the RVT count as main characters just by nature of the fact they showed up in almost every episode (Untill this arc).
Well, I'd say Dot is probably more important of a character than the rest of the RVTs at this point. (Excluding Liko and Roy of course, and maybe Friede.)

Also, like I already said, I’m not really keen on the idea of having Dot being a full main cast member. The only explanation about why it’s an odd number is because there’s Friede, and the Terastal training arc is just temporary with being between 20 and 25 episodes, and the even number will be back when there is the next arc.

Also, like I already said, I’m not really keen on the idea of having Dot being a full main cast member. The only explanation about why it’s an odd number is because there’s Friede, and the Terastal training arc is just temporary with being between 20 and 25 episodes, and the even number will be back when there is the next arc.
Why not? Dot has a Paldea starter, she's friends with Liko and Roy, and she gets the third most focus and development.

I already said it's a problem for me because the kids are an odd number. What I loved with XY and SM is that they had an even number with having an equal number of boys and girls (minus the mini-arc where Clemont leaves the group).

Bonnie is under 10 so she doesn't have a Pokémon on her own, and Ash is the only SM main character with Starters. No classmate has an Alolan Starter, they're all under Ash's ownership.

Ah yes, I forgot that Popplio was Lana's. I mistook with Unova. Still, only 2 classmates out of 6 had Starters.

I don't think so. "Horizons" is still referred to as Liko and Roy's adventure.
You’re conflating main character with protagonist. A protagonist is always a main character but a main character isn’t always the protagonist. Dot is definitely a main character especially with how she’s one of the central characters in this arc but the overall story of Horizons is Liko and Roy’s story.

Basically Dot is a main character.

Liko and Roy are co-protagonists.

But between them both, Liko is the primary protagonist while Roy is the secondary protagonist/deuteragonist.

Information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Orange Academy art teacher Hassaku, and Liko's father, picture book author Alex, are both participating in the art festival as well. Colza is serving as the festival's artistic director and has to postpone the battle against Roy due to being busy preparing the ceremony... so when Nemo happens to pass by, she and Roy decide to battle instead.

Information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Orange Academy art teacher Hassaku, and Liko's father, picture book author Alex, are both participating in the art festival as well. Colza is serving as the festival's artistic director and has to postpone the battle against Roy due to being busy preparing the ceremony... so when Nemo happens to pass by, she and Roy decide to battle instead.

It hasn't been brought up yet, but if this is true and Roy doesn't get to finish his battle with Brassius in this episode; then it seems like the anime staff are trying to prevent Roy from getting a win on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom