• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I would love to see a Poke based on a black ant (not an antlion). It could be a basic early-game Bug-type but gain a Dark-type and some impressive stats later on, as part of a three-stage evolution.

As a fisherman, I want to propose these ideas:

Billfish evolution line: Sailfish (Istade <"Istio" + "blade">) --> Swordfish (Xiglad <"Xiphias" + "gladius">) --> Blue Marlin (Makaira <genus of Blue Marlin>)

These all have a very high speed stat (reflecting how billfish are some of the fastest fish in the sea) and have a multitude of cutting and slashing attacks (Slash, Fury Cutter, etc) along with some water attacks, which reflects how real billfish hunt. The final evos also learn a few fighting type moves (obviously nothing involving punching or kicking). The first evo can also learn Extremespeed (something that the final evos cannot).

The 1st evo is a pure Water type, the next two evos are Water/Fighting.

The 1st evolution has obscene speed, decent attack and above average HP but everything else sucks.

The 2nd evolution loses a bit of speed but its attack skyrockets.

The 3rd evolution keeps the same speed and attack as the previous one but its defense drops a bit. Its HP increases a little as well.

The general stats for all of them:

Terrible special attack and special defense.
Extraordinary speed.
Average defense
Slightly better than average HP.
High attack.

Their ability is either Swift Swim or Keen Edge (ability I created that boosts the base power of bladed attacks by 20%.)

Males have a larger dorsal fin than the females.

--------------

Patagonian Toothfish (Elegin <derived from species "eleginoides">):

Ice/Water type.

It has high special attack and defense but its HP, defense are quite low. It has average speed.

It can learn many Ice and Water type attacks.

On a non fishing front:

Undine (Water spirits) as a Water/Ghost. Always female.

Probably people already though of this one, but it'd be interesting to see a Steel/Grass Pokémon based on the Green Knight. Since most of its body is covered by the armor, shouldn't be too hard to Pokémonize.

Farfetch'd evolution (flying/normal) - Some kind of road runner evolution you get by having it follow you a number of steps.

Dewgong needs an evo still...
Maybe a baby lickitung?
Tauros and Miltank should have a baby form that evolves dependent on gender, but people have been saying that since GSC...
Maybe a Heracross?

Maybe a Heracross?

Naw, we got that.
214Heracross.png

*shot*

I would die if they made giant squid and sperm whale pokemon. especially if they made them counter-parts (zangoose/seviper)

a psychic/ghost or a psychic/dark type pokemon that looks like a ceramic doll with bright golden eyes that glows in the dark. like those dolls in horror movies where the dolls laugh, disappear and appear and play tricks on people. of course its not an evil pokemon, its a friendly pokemon that just likes to play games. a ghost that likes to play games possessed a doll and couldn't escape and now is stuck inside the doll. this pokemon would have powerful psychic/ghost/dark types attacks in its disposal making it a powerful pokemon to have in your team. its ability would be Play, it allows this pokemon to increase its speed by two levels to evade attacks twice as fast and it has a 40% chance to increase the power of the next attack the pokemon uses with this ability. this pokemon is the only pokemon to have this ability. it also has a move called Puppet Play that stops the opponent from using any attacks to this pokemon for 2-3 turns.

this pokemon loves attention and doesn't like to get treated badly so if trainers like paul were to capture this pokemon it wouldn't obey them and go into a rage mode where it would create a loud horrible screech and send powerful psychic attacks destroying things around them.

Hmm, the first one, Litholmo, from the way you describe it sounds like it would be the PRE-evolution to either Slugma, or Macgarco. Like, Macgarco is a put together rock, and fire slug, while a rock pile seems like it would be less organized and would therefore be the pre-evolution.

Naw, we got that.
214Heracross.png

*shot*

Oops, did I say Heracross? I meant Pinsir. We need a Pinsir evolution.

Maybe something else, too. Let me see, I'll check my list:
Okay, how about an evolution of Mr.Mime that's a Kabuki performer?
Or an evolution of Jynx that's based on Baba-Yaga?

I have one.

For some reason, I want a fire beaver. Don't ask. I just think it would be neat.

...Not what I meant. I mean, a beaver Pokemon, whose type is fire.

I'd love to see an accurate representation of the Shishin. You guys may know them best as the Four Guardians of the Four Cardinal Directions (steeped in Chinese Mythology, supplimented by the Shintenno [The Four Heavenly Kings]).

Tortoise (Black Warrior) = North, Winter, Black, Water (Chn: Xuan Wu 玄武, Jp: Genbu)
White Tiger (Kirin) = West, Fall, White, Metal (Chn: Baihu 白虎, Jp: Byakko)
Red Bird (Phoenix) = South, Summer, Red, Fire (Ch: Zhuque 朱雀, Jp: Suzaku)
Dragon = East, Spring, Blue/Green, Wood (Chn: Qinglong 青龍, Jp: Seiryuu)

The entire page is an interesting read and helps dive deeper into the mysteries and lore surrounding each guardian. Of course, you could base an entire game off of their mythos, starting with the Four Seasons or the directional points.

Fun fact: Originally there were 3 beings - The Phoenix, the Dragon, and the Unicorn
Fun fact: The Northern representation is said to come from the 'Black Warrior'.

There have been many allusions to these celestial beings in the games already if you take a certain point of view.

Legendary Bird Trio: Representing the Phoenix. Though not all based around Fire, they are do have the bird part down.
Legendary Beast Trio: Representing the White Tiger. The beasts themselves are a mixture of canine and feline, which leaves things open to interpretation.
Legendary Golems: Representing the Turtle. Again, they aren't so much resembling the turtle as they are the Warriors of the earth.
Legendary Dragons: Representing the Dragon. They may not be your typical trio (then again the 4th Gen isn't really typical of anything), but they do fit the image, despite some radical designs.

And certainly, there are some very obvious homages to these types of beings in other Pokemon: Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Regigigas, potentially even Arceus.

The best thing about using such ideas for Pokemon creation is that they come pre-packaged with their own types virtually guaranteed.

EDIT: Also, I realize this is an old thread and the idea has popped up many times before, but hopefully this gives a little more insight.

4 beasts thing

Oh god. Oh god. I could tear you such a new one right now. Such a fresh gaping learning hole. But I will not, I'll be civil about this.

The Kirin isn't the representation of the white Tiger, it's the fifth beast. It's talked about quite openly amongst people who know shit about Chinese myth. The 4 beasts were a Black Tortoise, a White tiger, a Red Bird, and a Blue dragon. There was also the Kirin. Kirin is the thing that keeps them all together and keeps them from killing each other. It's pretty much Arceus, but not quite. Kind of looks like a dragon giraffe.

Also, the 3 Beasts (Raikou, Suicune, and Entei) ARE cats. It's argued because everyone wanted to call them dogs from the beginning. They aren't. They're just big cats (a lion, a cheetah, and a saber toothed tiger).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom