• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Galar doesn't have tits, I'll be upset.

Poneto

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
Blue tits, specifically; I absolutely adore them.

You see, ~8 months ago I took up gardening. I've enjoyed gardening (and just nature in general tbh) since I was a child, and so despite having lived in a concrete jungle with a completely paved over backyard for the last 7 years, I rekindled my childhood passion, and the results have been fantastic! I now have a small army of potted plants which are all coming into bloom, plus three bird feeders and, as of yesterday, a birdbath.

Overall its been a hit with the local wildlife. Though my garden is quite small (like 12 x 8 ft) our living room has large windows that look directly into it, so I've got a great view of all the goings on. And out of all the bird species that have started visiting, the one constant has been a plethora of tits. Here's one visiting just now:

So cute! >w<

It's eating the aphids on my plant :D Thanks, friend! My favourite new pastime is watching them take sunflower seeds out of the feeder and bash them against the tree branches to get the hearts inside. It's indescribably entertaining to me.

But Ally Switch, what does any of this have to do with Galar? Well, as you might have guessed, I live in the UK, and tits are actually some of the most common birds in the UK, thriving in both rural and urban environments. Maybe you've heard a story about birds learning to peck open the foil tops of milk bottles delivered by the milkman? Blue tits do that! They also peel window putty from windows, as you might be able to tell from all the white flecks below my windowsill in that photo; this is an adaptation of the way they strip bark from trees to find insect prey.

Blue tits are so cute, intelligent and in my humble opinion, quintessentially British that I can think of no better candidate for the next game's early bird. Come on, Gamefreak, make it happen!

P.S. Any other bird-watchers/gardeners/nature-lovers etc. here? What common British pokemon animals do you think should feature in gen 8? Please let me know, I'd love to hear your ideas :)

Last edited:
Highly strung little creatures, Cyanistes caeruleus. In my area they don't dare venture into gardens - too many magpies - but a hundred feet away in the nature reserve you hear them all the time. I'd probably enjoy a blackbird (Turdus merula) pokémon. They're not solely British by any means, but I do love how common and tenacious they are

You know, its funny you mention magpies, cause they often try to feed in my garden but I don't really like them tbh (their call grates on my soul) so I often scare them off. I didn't realise they were carnivores! Maybe that's why the blue tits visit so often haha.

We used to see blackbirds regularly, practically had them feeding out of our hands. Me and my bf even named them: the female was called Brenda and the male called Mr. Tom. But they haven't visited in weeks recently, and it's made me a bit sad. Just hoping they moved on somewhere else and haven't been got by the local cat D:

Magpies eat pretty much anything. I've never heard of them catching a blue tit, but they do make tits nervous. You don't see any songbirds here outside the reserve, really, other than blackbirds. The garden habitat isn't great anyway, too many fences, hardly any shrubs. Crows, magpies, blackbirds, and woodpigeons are the usual species. I spotted an adventurous green woodpecker once, and you occasionally see a buzzard circling over the urban maze

I'm very jealous of your woodpecker. I seriously doubt I'll see one til I can move into a house with a proper backyard, but in this economy I'm not holding my breath.

I have a mated pair of Northern Cardinals (Texas, US) that come back to my yard every year and it gives my soul life.

I'd like a columbiform that stays a columbiform. Still sad that Pidove turned into a dang pheasant. And Pidgey isn't even a pigeon, it's clearly a sparrow...

I have a mated pair of Northern Cardinals (Texas, US) that come back to my yard every year and it gives my soul life.

I'd like a columbiform that stays a columbiform. Still sad that Pidove turned into a dang pheasant. And Pidgey isn't even a pigeon, it's clearly a sparrow...

I just looked up what a northern cardinal is and its SO PRETTY

And if you think that's bad you must hate Toucanon--how does a woodpecker turn into a toucan? Why???

I'm very jealous of your woodpecker. I seriously doubt I'll see one til I can move into a house with a proper backyard, but in this economy I'm not holding my breath.

I hear them far, far, more often than I see them. If I go to work within a couple hours of dawn can hear them drilling. Even the jays (Garrulus glandarius) are less secretive

I hear them far, far, more often than I see them. If I go to work within a couple hours of dawn can hear them drilling. Even the jays (Garrulus glandarius) are less secretive

I'd love to attract a Jay, but my bf is allergic to peanuts and im not comfortable buying mealworms :(

You almost gave me a heart attack, dude. Specially since it would be OoC for you.

On the bird watching thing: Not exactly a birdwatcher myself, but I live in a rural zone and my dad likes to put fruits for the birds. We have attracted toucans (at least three species of them), yigüirros, Momotus Iesonni (what we call "pájaro bobo"), cardinals, tijos, chicopiojos, and zanates (think bootleg crows), etc.

They seem to love papayas, bananas and oranges.

I love birds! I think they're really cute. My grandma loved birds and always worked to attract them to her yard. I'm not a birdwatcher myself, nor do I garden, or...even spend any time outside. =P (I mean, there are bugs out there.. Come on!), but I do like when I see a bird outside a window in the house or car. I love how they hop around. They're just adorable little creatures.

In regards to Pokemon, though: I'd really be surprised if GF could come out with a cuter bird Pokemon than Fletchling. Fletchling is sooo adorable I lost my mind when it was revealed and still love it.

I love birds! I think they're really cute. My grandma loved birds and always worked to attract them to her yard. I'm not a birdwatcher myself, nor do I garden, or...even spend any time outside. =P (I mean, there are bugs out there.. Come on!), but I do like when I see a bird outside a window in the house or car. I love how they hop around. They're just adorable little creatures.

In regards to Pokemon, though: I'd really be surprised if GF could come out with a cuter bird Pokemon than Fletchling. Fletchling is sooo adorable I lost my mind when it was revealed and still love it.

Every time I move a plant pot I find at least 10 woodlice under it. Though tbh I think woodlice are kinda cute (slugs and spiders on the other hand ....)

10/10 thread. Love British humor.

Maybe you've heard a story about birds learning to peck open the foil tops of milk bottles delivered by the milkman? Blue tits do that!

Related image

Hopefully your blue buddies will make it into the game as the early route bird. Hope they get big pecks to boot in honor of this thread,

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom