• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Eat a Pokemon--Pokemon Cuisine

Re: Stick a fork in it. (Pokemon Cuisine)

Exeggute would be nice tasty boiled/scrambled eggs and Muk and Swalot would be delicious sauce with varying taste depending on what garbage their found :)

Exeggute would be nice tasty boiled/scrambled eggs and Muk and Swalot would be delicious sauce with varying taste depending on what garbage their found :)

Ha ha! Muk Sauce... I could dig it... for the people with the more EXCITING flavor pallette.

I don't think Magikarp would be very edible even though Ash and Brock wanted to eat it. After Meowth tries to take a bite Brock proceeds to say its nothing but scales and bones. Qwilfish would have to be carefully prepared due to its toxins just like a pufferfish in RL. The Plant pokemon and mushrooms would be used for spices and herbs. Select birds and other water pokes would be edible. and then we have Slowpoke Tails and Miltank Milk.
I wonder what Chansey's and Blissey's egg would taste like..

I like to think everyone is vegetarian for the most part.

I imagine torchic would taste like spicy chicken. That is all.

I wonder what Chansey's and Blissey's egg would taste like..

RSE Dex entry:
Chansey lays nutritionally excellent eggs on an everyday basis. The eggs are so delicious, they are easily and eagerly devoured by even those people who have lost their appetite.

Sounds pretty good. I imagine they'd be expensive though, because of Chansey's rarity.

RSE Dex entry:
Chansey lays nutritionally excellent eggs on an everyday basis. The eggs are so delicious, they are easily and eagerly devoured by even those people who have lost their appetite.

Sounds pretty good. I imagine they'd be expensive though, because of Chansey's rarity.

It also says (pearl) It lays several eggs a day and won't share them with those who have evil in their hearts.

So wouldn't that mean that they couldn't even sell 'em.. bc i imagine the Chansey wouldn't just give it eggs away just to be sold

I like to think everyone is vegetarian for the most part.

Hell, I'm a vegetarian in real life, but thinking about these kinds of things is way too fun.

Now, where can I get myself a Slowpoke tail?

Anyway, I think Shellder and Cloyster would be good eats, along with Octillery and the Horsea line. Qwilfish would be edible but have to be carefully prepared, just like fugu in the real world.

You also have the Poliwag line, Wailmer/Wailord, Corphish and Crawdaunt, and Mantine.

About Mantine--I've not heard of people eating stingrays much (though my mom says that she's seen people do it, and they're technically edible) though I've heard of lots of people eating skate.

Barboach and Whiscash--hmm, Barboach seems to be too small to be a meal onto its own, but can be fried en masse and eaten like popcorn, maybe. Whiscash just needs batter, and lots of it.

Sharpedo is probably edible, but IIRC sharks in real life are ammonia-rich and kind of nasty.

That's all I remember for water-types, let's see what else...

The anime makes Farfetch'd out to be edible and I think it's commonly cooked with leeks.

You can eat ostriches and emus in real life (they're very lean), so Doduo and Dodrio might also be good eatin's.

I also saw fried/grilled bats on a TV show once. But Zubat is part poison, so that might be a bad idea. Woobat and Swoobat, however...

You can eat all the common birds (Starly, Pidgey, Pidove, Taillow, etc.) and their evolutions, the same way pigeon and quail are cooked and eaten. Before recently in some parts of the world hazel grouse was also hunted and eaten--the larger birds can probably be considered the analog to pheasant or turkey, or other edible wild birds. Pidgeotto and Unfezant certainly have the right size.

Tauros and Bouffalant can be slaughtered and eaten for their meat. I don't think most Miltanks would go through the same fate; they're too valuable as dairy Pokemon.

Stantler and the Deerling line can be used for either milk or meat.

Lickitung and Lickilicky look like lizards, which are edible, and their tongues--I think cow tongues are a delicacy in some parts of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voltorb, Electrode, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone are all probably inedible. They're composed of plastic, metal and data; it'd be like trying to eat a computer.

And since Voltorb and Electrode can learn Explosion...It'd be more like to trying eat a high tech guided missile.

What about eating Basculin. Mmm, grilled bass.

@juiceboxxx Some good thoughts there.

@Drakon Agree about the pokemon you there listed as inedible, and the one you said was edible--the whole post really. I've also named a pokemon of mine 'Drakon,' and then it occurred to me that 'Drakon' was a poster here. (To be fair, the pokemon that evolves into Drakon can also become 'Darkon'--it's quite complicated really.)

I'll update the FoodDex in a bit.

I had a dream where I ate a Manaphy... it was like a big blueberry flavoured jelly-baby.

That episode of the anime with the Snover that grew berries that were supposedly like ice-blocks made me hungry.

if you could eat a pokemon...

I think this is the right place to post this thread if not notify me.
anyway...
would you eat a pokemon and if so what is it???
mine is torchic (tastes like chicken)
PS: if you DARE say a member of the squirtle evolutionary family I'll KILL you

Re: if you could eat a pokemon...

I made a thread on this subject. (In this forum, so yeah, it's the right place.) I'd be honored if you bumped it.

I'd like to eat Ferrothorn though, assuming it's based off the durian. In which case, it'd have a lot of meat on it.

Last edited:

Vanillite looks good to eat... Maybe because of my deep love for ice cream.

Wow, this is interesting, LOL!

I'd eat Miltank, because I bet you could make some great hamburgers out of one of those. Spoink and Grumpig might make for some tasty barbeque, though...

@master crazy handI changed the thread's title to more closely match yours, since mine swallowed yours.

Updates of the post 1 FoodDex to come soon.

I'll also put forward that I'd like to eat Ekans, as rattlesnake is something edible in our world that I haven't eaten.

Rattlesnake is pretty good, actually. I had some BBQ'd once.

Aside from legendaries, not much exotic food seems to be crossing people's minds. How about some Sandile, Slakoth, or Dratini?

Or, if you're a Rich Boy or a Lady, some Squirtle caviar. I wonder how different the fossil sea turtles (whose name eludes me at present) taste compared to the squirtle family? And there's always that drink in the Caribbean that they add a live crab (a baby Krabby, perhaps) to before they blend it. It's supposed to be an aphrodisiac.

We could also add some Roselia/~erade petals with some Vanillite and MooMooMilk, to make a somewhat gruesome rose-flavored ice cream. Or just add Combee honey to Vanillite and make a sno-cone.

Here's another interesting idea: Exeggcute (which are seeds, not eggs), salted with Slugma, roasted in an oven. Sounds like an interesting snack.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom