• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Started with Pokemon Red and have played all generations since. Gen 2 and 4 were probably my least played overall. With Gen 3 and 5 being my most.

Started with FireRed when I was very little.
My favorite game is FireRed because of the Seven Islands.

It's kinda hard for me to vote on this, because my first game was technically Saphire, but after I beat it I didn't go into the rest of the series until three or four years later with SoulSilver (of course, I have beaten many Pokemon games since then)

I got gold and silver after watching the anime's first two seasons

Started playing when I was 5. Played pokemon Blue version on Gameboy color. Second pokemon game after that was Pokemon Silver. Then Emerald, Diamond, and currently White.

I started in Generation I with Red version. Although it wasn't until Sapphire and Colosseum when I really became an avid fan.

Gen I was when I started playing. I got both versions for my birthday, but Red Version was the first game I played.

I started with Gen I, and went all the way through Gen II, but kind of fell out of it after Crystal. I got back into it at around the tail end of Gen IV, near HG and SS.

My first was Blue, of course.

The first game I got was pokémon silver. I still like the gen II pokémon the most :D
The game still works as well, but the gameboy doesn't anymore :p

Last edited:
My first Pokémon game was Sapphire. I was five years old when I got it.

My first game was Silver, which I played in junior high. Later I got Yellow and Crystal.

Then I stopped playing for 10 years until I heard about Black and White and all the new things they were adding. So I bought a DS, played through HeartGold until I got Black on the release day.

FireRed, I got it when I was around 9. The kids in my neighbourhood mostly played ruby and sapphire, but i liked the gen I and II pokemon better. Plus charizard i my fav and you cant get it on ruby or sapphire. so when firered was realesed i was sold. i played that game for 256+ hours, had 174 pokemon and two pc boxes full of lvl 100 pokemon. then i left it in the pocket of my jeans and it went through the washingmachine...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom