• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Paul going to come back?

*Ahem* Don't forget about this dude that we saw in BWS2 promo. M not trying to get my hopes up but... :p
333ef6s.png

*pokes @CommanderPigg; *

Noooo, I've given up all hope, that's not Paul's Magmortar, with my luck it's probably Shooti's T_T

I don't know. This season is full of surprises.

Although there isn't that big of a chance. They've got a lot to cover in these next few months before the league, can they really fit Paul in too?

The league's in three months (anime time). As we know, anime time can be stretched. Considering that a year hasn't yet past since EP001 I think that we could have enough time in for Paul.

If he does come back I wanna see Trip beat him. It would be funny.

If he does reappear, I'm hoping he gives Trip a long overdue full sweep, that would really make my day :naughty:

If Dawn brings up Paul when seeing Trip, I guess Ash could ask Cynthia how he's doing or something. That's if she's kept track of his progress in against Brandon.

As with most older characters (I never thought I'd say that about Paul.) he probably won't even be mentioned. I would not be surprised at all if Paul gets brought up and Ash responds with "Who?".

I have very vague memories of naming Comashipping back in the day, as a joke to go along with Paul's Japanese name being shared with the main character from Neon Genesis Evangelion. (Shinji. Fans of the NGE may remember one coma scene in particular...)

Fun facts about shipping name origins, #1.

Well, it would be awesome if he came back, but I'll be happy with just a mention. Perhaps he'll reappear in a later season, like Gary did.

Since Brock got a flashback cameo in BW, I kind of expect Paul to get the same.

I am sort of expecting Cynthia to bring up Paul at some point, and we might see a small flashback of him. That's it though.

Maybe once the Junior Tournament gets started, something in a battle will happen/another trainer will prompt Shirona to be reminded of Shinji and we'll get a small flashback, similar to Takeshi's.

It sure would be cool if he were to mysteriously be entering the tournament as well, though :(

If he is participating in this Junior Cup... I can see him sweeping everyone with 1 Pokemon and the difference with Tobias is he didn't get any Pokemon defeated by Ash (Ash's Unova team is too weak IMO, and Paul do bring his Pokemon to other region, unlike Ash)

Maybe Paul can even get Alder down to 1 vs 1 after he won the Junior Cup.

I don't know if he will come back. I hope not. I like the rivals that are already set in the tournament so far. Don't need to bring in another one to sweep everyone or worse. I rather things the way they are.

He might get a mention. I can see Dawn bringing him up in relation to his similarities to Shooti. I don't think he'll appear though.
His and Ash's rivalry is kinda over. He has new rivals now.

No.

bring Gary instead

The only way Gary would return would be if he was just here to give Ash some advice, hes no longer a Pokemon trainer remember? Paul is still doing this and Cynthia is rooting for Ash and his rivalry. It wouldn't be too crazy of an idea to think Paul might come back, people are saying Iris and Dento's rivals are in this without any advertising at all, same thing could happen with Paul as a surprise for the fans ^

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom