• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Piplup's mascot status going to prevent it from evolving?

I think the writers obviously will have at least one of Dawn's Pokemon evolve. Every trainer has had an evolution aside from Tracey.

May experienced evolution early on because Wurmple was a bug Pokemon and she got to see it evolve twice very quickly, but Dawn doesn't have a bug Pokemon that evolves quickly which puts the pressure on her water types.

Somebody brought up that after all the experience Piplup is getting that its sure to evolve, but Corphish was in TONS of battles in AG and was essentially a powerhouse and never evolved either.

Krabby only fought one battle and it evolved instantly. I don't think experience is the determining factor here. Don't forget that Dawn still has room for more Pokemon. In fact, she could just catch an evolved Pokemon.

Yes, and Brock's Pokemon do barely anything yet Zubat and Lotad evolved twice, and Pineco, Bonsly and Mudkip did as well.

The question is basically whether the writers want Piplup to evolve.

It seems to me that Buizel lusts for power a LOT more than Piplup does. Piplup is just proud and arrogant, yet Buizel seems to be the D/P version of Grovyle.

Nonono. Juptile was a ninja/samurai/swordsman type character (like Zoro), Buoysel is a 1920s gangster. Big difference.:banana:

Piplup really needs to evolve. Just so we can have super-egotistical EMPOLEON, LORD OF ALL! And it would be like Charizard, refusing to obey Dawn and being a petty arsehole.

An Empoleon with Dawn would have to assume the role that Charizard did to Ash; stubborn, independent but friends when it comes down to the bare bones.

I think there might be a bizarre role reversal. Buizel evolves, and mellows out significantly, while Piplup evolves all the way in a short period of time, and becomes a selfish prat.

I think there might be a bizarre role reversal. Buizel evolves, and mellows out significantly, while Piplup evolves all the way in a short period of time, and becomes a selfish prat.

I agree Piplup is so dumb there is no word to describe it,Prinplup would be selfish,& Empoleon would be at least descent.

fuck having a Lizardon repeat like that. Middle forms are shafted enough, thank you very much.

fuck having a Lizardon repeat like that. Middle forms are shafted enough, thank you very much.

Tell that to Bayleef, and Combusken who spent half the series as is and only evolved again at the very last minute. ...Don't tell it to Marshtomp; it was just shafted in general. *sympathy*

I think it'd be interesting that, if Dawn's Piplup did evolve all the way to Empoleon (hopefully before Turtwig hits Torterra), that for a 15-or-so episode block, it believes itself above competing in Contests and starts shining more in raw strength than finesse, become unruly when it comes to practice.

I wouldn't mind it being simmilar to Combusken, since usually the Middle-Forms are my favorite, and Kengo's Prinplup was pretty neato...like, the F.A. version of Combusken.

I also kinda hope Turtwig might stay as Grotle, and let Hippopotas take over as the Ground type if Ash does catch him.

I hate Piplup,I hope it evolves.*then Dawn will be flipped out by its weird new form!*

She's already seen Pottaishi twice, why would she be freaked out to see it?

I loved Wakashamo and Kengo's Pottaishi was cool enough to make me love the middle evolution of Pochama, so I wouldn't mind at all if it ended up evolving. I just hope it's not a Wakashamo clone, because, I dunno, I could see that happening. But I guess Pochama is too arrogant for that?

The only second stage pokemon that were really ignored in the anime were Quilava and Croconaw. They did get some decent screentime recently in D/P, and had appearances in previous eps, but overall we barely ever see them compared to the others.

We've seen quite a few Charmeleons, Ivysaurs and Wartortles in the series. And as said, Bayleef had quite a bit of screentime.

Then in AG, Grovyle and Combusken were in TONS of episodes. Grovyle didn't evolve into Sceptile until mid-Battle Frontier, it had tons of screentime as Grovyle from mid-Hoenn all the way through BF which was nearly 100 episodes. Combusken, again, tons of screentime. Marshtompt got the short end of the stick, only having two major eps of screentime, (the ep where it evolved and the Contest).

So I can't see how second stage forms are shafted aside from the two Johto Pokemon, but that can be put to blame because the writers really should have evolved Cyndaquil and Totodile back in Johto.

The only second stage pokemon that were really ignored in the anime were Quilava and Croconaw. They did get some decent screentime recently in D/P, and had appearances in previous eps, but overall we barely ever see them compared to the others.

We've seen quite a few Charmeleons, Ivysaurs and Wartortles in the series. And as said, Bayleef had quite a bit of screentime.

Then in AG, Grovyle and Combusken were in TONS of episodes. Grovyle didn't evolve into Sceptile until mid-Battle Frontier, it had tons of screentime as Grovyle from mid-Hoenn all the way through BF which was nearly 100 episodes. Combusken, again, tons of screentime. Marshtompt got the short end of the stick, only having two major eps of screentime, (the ep where it evolved and the Contest).

So I can't see how second stage forms are shafted aside from the two Johto Pokemon, but that can be put to blame because the writers really should have evolved Cyndaquil and Totodile back in Johto.

But those are just the starters, and there are many other three-form evolution chains

I want Piplup to evovle ! She needs more strenght and Prinplup/Empoleon can give it to her along with Floatzel (whenever Buziel decides to evolve)

I want Piplup to evovle ! She needs more strenght and Prinplup/Empoleon can give it to her along with Floatzel (whenever Buziel decides to evolve)

Since when did Dawn even need more strength? The contests are about elegance, not pure power.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom