• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

It's Time for a PRP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Red

Kaboom
Reaction score
I'm absolutely sick of the RPs that the sign-up threads section has to offer right now. They all look interesting, but none of them really tickle my fancy. So, I'd like to PRP. Keep in mind, I'm only looking for one person (three-way PRPs never seem to work out), so if I don't pick you, it doesn't mean I hate you or anything. I'm also fine with doing multiple RPs, although I am going with a fairly overused, but traditional, idea.

A.....

Pokemon....

Journey.....

Yep. They are definitely my favorite kind of RP. So, if you're interested, just give me a sample of your RPing style and we'll get started!

Template
Username:
RP Sample:

Username: JakkuEbansu

RP Sample:
(Bounty Hunters, Non-Pokemon)

Jakku walked down a street.
He really had very little idea where he was, but he didn't really care.
One of his eyes opened as he noticed a petty thief stealing a bag.
He threw a kunai from his trenchcoat, pinning the thief against the wall by his arm.
"..."
He wordlessly returned the bag, and then kept walking, now whistling.

Username: Oblivion (Formerly Ombrare)

RP Samples (AKA My Overly Long Resume)

Pokemon Universe: Hoenn
I've lost track of how many miles we've hiked at this point, and yet you still expect to aimlessly meander around until something interesting happens?" the Pokemon, a Lunatone, complained. "You would be a terrible tour guide, Dusza."

"Chandra. Things will become more interesting in due time," the trainer, Dusza, replied. "I can feel it."

"Ah, yes, the fantastic thing you people call intuition," the Lunatone, Chandra, remarked. "You think it's one of the greatest gifts you were given, until it causes catastrophe not soon afterward."

"That's enough."

"No, it isn't. Believe me, I've got plenty more to talk about."

"I said that's enough."

But the Lunatone continued without acknowledging Dusza in the slightest. "Such as that trip to Mt. Pyre. Enlighten me, what purpose would going to a cemetery embedded into a mountain have? Wait, never mind, don't answer that question. You would inevitably end up going into one of your philosophical speeches, and I do not want to hear any of that right now."

Dusza simply sighed and tried to put his Pokemon's rambling out of his mind, as the pair continued to head for Petalburg.

Trebloome Academy: Part III
A lone figure was standing at the deck, near the front of the ship, leaning against the railings, jacket fluttering in the breeze, and arms crossed. He had an expression of solemn contemplation. At his side was a moon-shaped, rocky Pokemon, with a beak-like protrusion, and two beady red eyes, which had a look of bleak disinterest as he looked through the various individuals assembled there. And flitting around was a creature made entirely out of plasma, with arms similar to lightning bolts. Itazura, Dusza's must trusted ally and friend.

"I get the strangest feeling that I'm not going to enjoy this. At all." Dusza heard the voice inside of his head. Knowing that it came from his Lunatone, he replied. "Chandra, don't be so quick to judge." His voice was almost a whisper.

"I'm not judging so much as using prior knowledge," Chandra replied. "The day that there comes a single human that I have some degree of tolerance for is the day Mt. Chimney freezes over. That was a horrible trip, by the way."

Ignoring his companion's berating, he turned to face Itazura, who was sneaking up behind Chandra, before administering a Thundershock mid-rant, at a low enough intensity to not harm him, but high enough so that he would actually notice. Letting out a startled shout, the Lunatone turned to face his attacker, who was cackling madly at this point.

"The nerve..." Chandra mumbled to himself, before turning away and continuing his sifting.

As this happened, Dusza pondered to himself. He somewhat agreed with Chandra's first statement, but not for the same reason. He got the feeling that something bad was going to occur. This place seemed to be a brewing ground for trouble. He cared for the people here, and if something were indeed to happen, he promised that he would protect them with his life. But if he were to keep that up, he would get himself killed. Would this place ever know peace? Would he himself ever know peace?

And yet, Dusza's mannerisms and countenance appeared even more quiet and somber than usual. There were things that he still was hesitant to speak about, even here, but the thoughts, the memories, were gnawing away at his subconscious, trying to drive him mad. Some people say that the ghosts of their past eventually come back to haunt them. But with Dusza, his ghosts constantly haunt him, every day and every night.

Unwell [Catching Fireflies Finale]
A small collection of three destroyed and abandoned houses, a little ways away from the border of Alveus. Some may call them little more than a twig in the vast sea that was the continent of Alveus.

But to a singular figure who was sitting on a rather large boulder situated near the center of the houses, it was his hideaway, and base of operations. That figure was Benito Sudario, much better known as Zaar. He was examining his malformed, dark purple skin with interest.

"Such a peculiar condition," he sad to himself. "Not even I know of the cause, nor the exact specifications of the disease. No, not a disease. They might call it a disease. But it a sword and shield, a weapon, a tool to be used by the wielder. Unable to be controlled by those of weak willpower, and places powers of mass calamity in the palm of one's hands..." He grinned as various ideas began swarming his thoughts. "Killing things is all these powers do, so that is exactly what I shall use them for."

"Although, I haven't been in a truly fierce battle battle in quite some time. That shall be rectified with utmost haste."

Rogues Gallery: Battle For Seattle
Jett gave a slight smile. "Y'know, I've started to notice something about you," he said to Sakak. "You do what you do because you love doing it, even though it gets you into trouble sometimes. I'm always up for a joke or two. But sometimes, a bit of anger towards someone can make you just a little bit unreasonable."

"Now, I know that you're upset with the gods or whoever locked you up. Honestly, I would be, too," he continued. "But we are not the people you should be mad with, or trying to kill. Flooding one of the biggest cities in the country just because of a rivalry that we have no part of...not a good thing to do."

"I'm gonna be honest. Even though we have been fighting throughout the day, and even though I have this..." he said, pulling out the totem. "I'm willing to reach an agreement. You haven't really done anything that warrants you getting locked back up. I can let you off the hook...but on one condition. You can play your little jokes. Just make sure you don't let out your anger on us."

Sakak actually reminded Jett of some of the criminals he had apprehended in the past. They simply had grudges or bad experiences, and they felt the need to vent their anger, even on innocents. He had sympathy for them. On some days, he himself felt like he wanted to punch the person in front of him, even when there was a better target for his rage.

You......Oblivion.....want to do a PRP.......with ME?

I am truly flattered! Sent you a PM.

I don't like elitism. It's one of the ideals I abhor above most others. In almost all instances, I don't care who's hosting the RP, or the quality of the plot, or any of that; if I like the idea, want to freshen my writing skills, or if I'm simply really, really bored, I'll join it. I've had my fair share of lower-quality RPs, and I actually found them just as enjoyable, if not more enjoyable in some cases, than ones of higher status. Plus, they tend to last longer, although whether that's due to the dedication of the members in question or the short and simple nature of the posts, I don't know.

And on top of that, I don't like people treating me with the demeanor of a king or something simply due to my moderator status. Modesty is my best policy, and I'd much rather prefer to just be treated as just another member on here. Moderators are people, too, and I'd like to think that my tolerance and ability to be friendly with almost any kind of member, whether they be newcomers or veterans, sophisticated or simple.

...whoops, sorry. Didn't mean to go on a speech there. Let's move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom