• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN036: Satoshi and Go, Crawl Up From the Sand Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandygast episode?
Or a Palossand one. I know we already had such an episode in Alola, but the species is really unique to me. I would love it if they visited Route 14's (the Alolan version) black beach and had to deal with a Shiny Palossand. Alternatively, if the episode is indeed centered around Sand Tomb, there's a lot of potential there Pokemon-wise.

Perhaps a Tyranitar capture is in Ash’s future due to all the Tyranitar advertising, by the time this episode happens it’ll be the longest period between Ash captures in this series (besides episodes 1 to 10 for Dragonite) with 8 episodes. Though Ash hasn’t been good at showing off his captures evenly in this series so far.

Perhaps a Tyranitar capture is in Ash’s future due to all the Tyranitar advertising, by the time this episode happens it’ll be the longest period between Ash captures in this series (besides episodes 1 to 10 for Dragonite) with 8 episodes. Though Ash hasn’t been good at showing off his captures evenly in this series so far.

Advertisement doesn't always point too captures though. There was a lot of Machamp merchandise for the anime, which made people speculate that Ash would get it. But the only time Machamp showed up, was in the Team Rocket gatcha machine (Same applies for T-Tar).

Just wait and see this being another Sakuaragi Lab episode and Sandile playing pranks on everyone.

Flygon has been my pick for an Ash capture for years, although it would probably step on Dragonite's toes.
We already had a Dragon-type overlap in Kalos and Ash currently has 2 Fighting-types on his team, so type overlaps aren't an issue. Giving him a Flygon now is perfectly fine IMO, since Flygon can easily set itself apart from Dragonite through its secondary Ground typing. Still, if the Flygon line does appear in this episode, I expect Gou to be the one to catch them instead of Ash.

We already had a Dragon-type overlap in Kalos and Ash currently has 2 Fighting-types on his team, so type overlaps aren't an issue. Giving him a Flygon now is perfectly fine IMO, since Flygon can easily set itself apart from Dragonite through its secondary Ground typing. Still, if the Flygon line does appear in this episode, I expect Gou to be the one to catch them instead of Ash.
Yeah, I agree that type redundancy doesn't seem to be a concern for the writers, and of course the two Pokemon can be utilized quite differently. However I think that form-factor and body type are something they most likely do care about, and they would probably try to avoid giving him to two Pokemon that look and move quite similar to eachother. In XY Ash had 3 flying types, but they couldn't have been more visually distinct so it wasn't an issue. That said, anything's possible, especially in this series.

How can you forget me?
20191211230002%21844Sandaconda.png

Information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The creative team behind this episode are:

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 田辺慎吾 (Shingo Tanabe)
Animation Director 新城真 (Makoto Shinjō)
Animation Director 升谷有希 (Yuki Masutani)

The writter of the Sobble and Not so Dawn and Broock piplup and croagunk episode...

Uhhh...

People on Serebii forums are talking about Ash capturing a member of the Trapinch line and all I can think of is how one of Flygon's Pokedex entries implies that its eats Krookodile while a Krookodile Pokedex entry suggests that it eats Flygon.

In nature, apex predators rarely prey on other apex predators unless the victim is a juvenile or the loser of a fight over territory/food/something else.

People on Serebii forums are talking about Ash capturing a member of the Trapinch line and all I can think of is how one of Flygon's Pokedex entries implies that its eats Krookodile while a Krookodile Pokedex entry suggests that it eats Flygon.

In nature, apex predators rarely prey on other apex predators unless the victim is a juvenile or the loser of a fight over territory/food/something else.
One of krookodile's dex entries reads:
"It conceals itself in sandstorms that Flygon whip up and waits patiently for prey to appear."
They hunt with eachother. Since the series has referenced golurk's dex entries, Sakuragi basically cited pidove's dex entries, maybe this episode will feature both species?

Last edited:
One of krookodile's dex entries reads:
"It conceals itself in sandstorms that Flygon whip up and waits patiently for prey to appear."
They hunt with eachother. Since the series has referenced golurk's dex entries, Sakuragi basically cited pidove's dex entries, maybe this eposode will feature both species?

Ultra SunBy flapping their wings, Flygon cause sandstorms that conceal Krookodile. The team then splits the prey they catch.

Hmm. Well, that makes a lot more sense.

It’s Sandile that hunts Trapinch. Per its Moon entry:
It conceals itself in the sand and chomps down on the legs of any prey that unwarily walk over it. Its favorite food is Trapinch.
Krookodile and Flygon, as mentioned before, don’t hunt each other.

Personally I'm not really getting an Alola vibe from this episode title (and would rather our first Alolan one be a little more 'fun' as that's what I associate most with the region), but can definitely see gmax Sandaconda. That would actually be awesome and I've been wanting to see more dynamax/gmax since the last time it was shown. Maybe Hoenn or Unovan deserts are possible too and something I won't argue against because those are some of my favorite regions lol, but I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on it being gmax. Looking forward to more info. (y)

anddd I actually quite enjoyed the episodes screenplayed by Michihiro Tsuchiya, especially JN008, so here's hoping this will be another one I'll like!

Last edited:
Personally I'm not really getting an Alola vibe from this episode title (and would rather our first Alolan one be a little more 'fun' as that's what I associate most withe region), but can definitely see gmax Sandaconda. That would actually be awesome and I've been wanting to see more dynamax/gmax since the last time it was shown. Maybe Hoenn or Unovan deserts are possible too and something I won't argue against because those are some of my favorite regions lol, but I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on it being gmax. Looking forward to more info. (y)

anddd I actually quite enjoyed the episodes screenplayed by Michihiro Tsuchiya, especially JN008, so here's hoping this will be another one I'll like!

And we are long overdue for another Wild Area episode as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom