• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN042: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly disappointed that the king or queen of continuity Atsuhiro Tomioka isn't involved with this arc but at least we have experienced writer Shōji Yonemura doing the arc
Shōji Yonemura is the head writer of this series, of course he is going to be the one to do the story arcs.

Tomioka is focusing on the PWC/character returns since he is the only other experienced writer.

Can't really have continuity in this scenario since it's a set of events happening, and with the respective characters appearing, for the first time. I am curious as to why the second episode of the arc is handled by Michihiro unless it'll be a calmer episode.
Maybe Goh will obtain a new capture in this episode.

The last 2 Episodes Michihiro Tsuchiya wrote were Episodes that focused on a Pokemon that Goh caught (Sobble and Flygon)

And here's something I've been a little curious about...would this have happened even earlier if not for the COVID hiatus?o_O

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Pokémon are growing gigantic and running wild all over the Galar region! Satoshi and Go head there to solve the Daimax mystery, but on their way, they get separated from each other in a forest shrouded in thick mist...

Summary: One night Satoshi spots the Daimax Band he got from Dande suddenly starting to glow on its own. Meanwhile, the Galar region has been experiencing a phenomenon where Pokémon are Daimaxing in all kinds of places. To solve the Daimax mystery, Satoshi and Go decide to visit the Galar region and see Professor Magnolia, the leading authority on Daimax research, but on their way there the duo get separated while in a forest shrouded in thick mist, before encountering some mysterious Pokémon...

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Yuichi Nakamura: Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Maruyakude
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Kei Shindo: Riolu
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Takuya Kirimoto: Rose
Atsuko Yuya: Olive
Marina Inoue: Sonia
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Hina Natsume: Eva
Kosuke Tanabe: Doug
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smarthpone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Centiskorch and Oleana debuting.
No VAs for Zacian, Zamazenta, or Prof. Magnolia.

I assumed the first half or so would’ve been in the forest and rest would’ve been learning about Dynamax from Magnolia. I’m guessing Riolu will also be meeting the legendary wolves.

1602777804352.jpeg

The centiscorch is probably just Ash arriving in galar and leon fighting the gigantimax one. No one will catch it

I wouldn't be surprised if like most legendaries, Zacian and Zamazenta get computer generated sounds instead of voice actors

Its possible Magnolia will appear next episode
Honestly if I swear they give two wolves with clearly defined howls even in the games computerised screaming...

And here's something I've been a little curious about...would this have happened even earlier if not for the COVID hiatus?o_O
I don't think so, they probably intended to line it up with the Crown Tundra release from the start. That's also probably why we're starting to see a lot more legendary Pokemon now, to coincide with their inclusion in the DLC. I think it's more likely we were supposed to have more episodes leading up to this arc, but they had to be scrapped or "relocated" so these episodes could air on time. I imagine Fafetch'd's development was originally meant to take place before this arc, but now has been moved to after so the SwSh Chapter can air on the intended dates.

Can Zacian and Zamazenta speak with telepathy?
If they do it would be a first for the main series, since I don't think a Pokémon, even a Legendary one, has spoken with telepathy outside of the movies. I'd personally prefer if they didn't speak telepathically, though (or at the very least can't telepathically communicate with anyone who's not Ash and Goh), since imo the films went way overboard with the concept and I wouldn't want the main anime to start falling into the same trap as well.

If they do it would be a first for the main series, since I don't think a Pokémon, even a Legendary one, has spoken with telepathy outside of the movies.

The Zygarde duo would literally like have a word with you.
EDIT: as well as the giant Nagandal from SM.

(And regardless of whish Mewtwo we get, it's almost obligated to speak telepathically)

Last edited:
Wait a second there... Team Rocket is not in that episode but the were in the preview?¿??

I don't think so, they probably intended to line it up with the Crown Tundra release from the start. That's also probably why we're starting to see a lot more legendary Pokemon now, to coincide with their inclusion in the DLC. I think it's more likely we were supposed to have more episodes leading up to this arc, but they had to be scrapped or "relocated" so these episodes could air on time. I imagine Fafetch'd's development was originally meant to take place before this arc, but now has been moved to after so the SwSh Chapter can air on the intended dates.
What does this arc have to do with the DLC? I somehow doubt that Mewtwo or Suicune will use Dynamax, so that's a very loose connection, too. If an episode doesn't involve the Crown Tundra, then it isn't promoting the DLC. They haven't done anything with the Isle of Armor in 4 months.

Do we have any indication that Galarian Farfetch'd was supposed to have evolved by now? Sirfetch'd isn't in the opening, unlike Cinderace and Lucario. Merchandise is all over the place, but if anything that would be a reason not to delay the episode.

Panky said:
Even worse, I have an inkling that some of them might have been Ash focused episodes that gave more screentime to Gengar and Dragonite (and maybe even some G-Fetch'd), which would explain why he's only had 5 core focus episode since then.
This sounds like a conspiracy theory. If they're neglecting Dragonite and Gengar, it may as well have been the original intent because of Riolu. I knew that this would happen, but fans wouldn't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom