• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this series is too bad at handling characters, I won't discard the plot of Gou exploding with jealousy yet.

Taking out his frustration at failing to get Fire, yay; and lashing out, no-yay.

Shigeru is not the character I'd use to trigger this scenario, if you ask me.

Also, I must say, I think it's pretty bad ass that Ash's Pokémon are always ready to throw hands with Legendary Pokémon. Charizard using Flamethrower on Mewtwo the moment it came out its ball in the first movie, Fletchinder vs Moltres, Noivern not thinking twice about clapping Zapdos after having just evolved from a weak Noibat, Charizard vs Articuno, Lucario not knowing Pikachu and Cinderace had gotten smacked around by Mewtwo a bit before being called on but still came out its ball and ran up on Mewtwo without question; and now Infernape escaping the lab to go after Moltres. I have to stan!

I wouldn't call the shots you chose to be bad examples of the artstyle and animation, especially considering how much detail is being put into the background. That, and the lighting in these shots are also shown in pretty good detail here as well(the shadows of the window panes in the back of the second image for example). This just seems to be an issue you have with the CotD's design and not the artstyle specifically.
PM19's artstyle is gorgeous, yes
ESHfGSrWAAExX7N.jpg
But the animation keeps tripping over itself, given how out of place Ash and Pikachu look there - characters don't look like they belong amidst the backgrounds they're plastered over

Regarding Kenji, that's one good guess.
The other is that they can't afford bringing back his seiyuu, or Seki Tomokazu is too busy with Doraemon and its movie.

Really hope the return of Ash's older Pokemon in this episode isn't just for fan service and they'll play a role in the World Coronation Series like the Sinnoh League
Wouldn't make sense to reintroduce them if they aren't going to battle... Seems on brand for this series.

I think they are trying to make people forget Tracey was even a character. Which sucks because I love making fun of him.
He left because Professor Oak and Delia were banging too loud and too often

Okay but seriously, why are we always seeing Delia and Oak together? Even in XY, I think I remember a scene where Ash is Videochatting Oak and Delia, and they were at Oak's lab. It almost feels like Delia is Oak's assistant now, replacing Tracey.
And even though Tracey was pretty lame in OI, I actually kinda liked him as a supporting character, and he was pretty neat in Chronicles, too.

If real (and I do think so) I see a couple of Tauros, so at least they also make an appearance. And now I'm maybe grasping at straws, but above Ash's shoulder I see a sliver of red... Kingler's claw? Although Hawlucha is also a possibity. Red arm and green in between. Or another red Pokémon.

I do hope all pokémon Ash left at Oak's lab at least make a cameo. I don't ask more than that (but I would of course like to get more ;) ).

Last edited:
So according to certain leaks Goh will be jealous of Gary and his friendship with Ash.
The impression that I got from the PV, when Goh is pointing at Gary and Ash is stepping in between, was that maybe Gary is probably teasing 1 or both of them which sets Goh off. Guess we need to wait for the episode.
If it is jealousy, I imagine a portion of the fanbase will be very happy.
That, plus the title of next week’s episode, plus the fact that the last we saw Gary, he had become a Pokemon Researcher just makes me think Goh and Gary might have a rivalry based on Pokédex counts, and maybe a shared interest in catching Mew as the endgame. (Potentially implied by the title)
We still don't know how the rivalry will be structured. I don't think it will be on general pokedex counts because it doesn't really give them something to compete in during an episode, and Mew as you said is endgame.

Given Gary is a confirmed member and is looking for Moltres, it seems like they are trying to capture legendaries, and I've seen a few people speculate that they may be collecting DNA from various legendaries.

The rivalry might be measured in legendaries caught/ legendary data collected, and if Gary is the primary one that Goh interacts with here then perhaps he is Goh's main rival, rather than Tsurugi and Asahi?

I'm curious what kind of tension we will see between Goh and the project Mew members? will he battle them, and what would cause him to do so? Will Ash have a more active role in Project Mew, or will he mainly be supporting Goh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom