• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't make sense to reintroduce them if they aren't going to battle... Seems on brand for this series.
I dunno about that. SM reintroduced some of Ash’s Pokémon but they ceased to exist beyond that. Plus Journeys tends to run on a one and done kind of mentality where old characters will appear for a single episode as a fan service before never being heard from again. So I’ll believe Ash is using reserves when I see it happen.

I dunno about that. SM reintroduced some of Ash’s Pokémon but they ceased to exist beyond that. Plus Journeys tends to run on a one and done kind of mentality where old characters will appear for a single episode as a fan service before never being heard from again. So I’ll believe Ash is using reserves when I see it happen.
That's what I meant by "on brand."

It's a shame they squandered the opportunity to establish why reserves might be needed with Ash's win over Champion Iris. That being said, I still expect them to be used at least for Master Rank. I'll be quite disappointed if not.

Since Gary is reappearing, this is a comparison of his design in the various series.
Apparently they've changed his irides from blue to green?

Gary Oak Comparison.png

Last edited:
Since Gary is reappearing, this is a comparison of his design in the various series.
Apparently they've changed his pupils from blue to green?
I kind of wish they kept his eye color the same, to be honest. There were a couple of close-up shots here and there before BW that also gave his eyes a blue/turquoise tint like that. Here's one from AG192, for instance:
kbV2xtB.png
This is just my theory, but I feel like the reason for the change might have potentially been to make him look a bit more similar to his game counterpart, who has brown/hazel eyes? I would understand that, but at the same time I wish they didn't take another distinction of his away, since they're different characters after all... :(

Last edited:
So I read the leaks and it said that Infernape will return to the lab. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXJCJCJCKCKFLHXYDPDYOLGDPYDDYO!WHY DID THE POSTER TRICK US!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

But in all honesty, I wanted Pignite to be used again too, but I know that won't happen

Last edited by a moderator:
So I read the leaks and it said that Infernape will return to the lab. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXJCJCJCKCKFLHXYDPDYOLGDPYDDYO!WHY DID THE POSTER TRICK US!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

But in all honesty, I wanted Pignite to be used again too, but I know that won't happen
Yikes. Not watching it now.

Last edited:

The poster do often also show important PotD in upcoming episodes.

To be honest. From the start after we first saw the project Mew trailer I didn't think Infernape would be a permanent party member again. I was even surprised a lot of people not only were certain this would be the case, but also that Ash would rotate all of his old pokémon. I think because my expectations were lower than some people, I have less chance to be dissapointed. But of course I would be happy if the writers do more with Ash's old pokémon. I would even like it and I did also post how I would do it in the past. But I don't expect anything. I never had. There were never promises made about it that I'm aware of. But I can be surprised in a positive way of course.

I only hope we will see all of Ash's Pokémon who are ar Oak's lab in the episode. Even if it is only a cameo in a groupshot. It would be sad if some Pokémon don't show up to see Ash (like Infernape since it isn't at the lab on that moment) and/or Ash don't even ask about them. I guess this would dissapoint me a little bit.

Also a theory that just popped up in my head.

If Tracey isn't seen in the lab, they could let Oak mention he is also searching for Infernape, helped by Venonat and Marill, who Tracey did use in a simular way in his Pokémon Watcher days. But he hadn't any luck in his search.

Or he can just be on an observer expedition.

Last edited:
The poster do often also show important PotD in upcoming episodes.

To be honest. From the start after we first saw the project Mew trailer I didn't think Infernape would be a permanent party member again. I was even surprised a lot of people not only were certain this would be the case, but also that Ash would rotate all of his old pokémon. I think because my expectations were lower than some people, I have less chance to be dissapointed. But of course I would be happy if the writers do more with Ash's old pokémon. I would even like it and I did also post how I would do it in the past. But I don't expect anything. I never had. There were never promises made about it that I'm aware of. But I can be surprised in a positive way of course.

I only hope we will see all of Ash's Pokémon who are ar Oak's lab in the episode. Even if it is only a cameo in a groupshot. It would be sad if some Pokémon don't show up to see Ash (like Infernape since it isn't at the lab on that moment) and/or Ash don't even ask about them. I guess this would dissapoint me a little bit.
It's called bait and switch. They have been doing it through the entire series and people are getting real tired of it. I'm sorry, but I can't get around this arc now considering Ash's reserves returning would have evened the limelight between him and Goh considering the arc is all about Goh. Now Ash will have a nice little reunion, then shunted back into the background again while Goh takes all the attention. The least they could have done was made this a 2-parter, but that would take an episode away from Goh catching some useless mon, and we can't have that. What a disappointment this series continues to be.

It's called bait and switch. They have been doing it through the entire series and people are getting real tired of it. I'm sorry, but I can't get around this arc now considering Ash's reserves returning would have evened the limelight between him and Goh considering the arc is all about Goh. Now Ash will have a nice little reunion, then shunted back into the background again while Goh takes all the attention. The least they could have done was made this a 2-parter, but that would take an episode away from Goh catching some useless mon, and we can't have that. What a disappointment this series continues to be.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings.

A 2-parter would indeed have been nice.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings.

A 2-parter would indeed have been nice.
Nah, it's not worth it. The series doesn't even treat the main character with respect anymore. His Pokemon are iconic and they deserved a 2-parter. I honestly feel sorry for the fans who were hyped about this, but what can you do, hey?

Nah, it's not worth it. The series doesn't even treat the main character with respect anymore. His Pokemon are iconic and they deserved a 2-parter. I honestly feel sorry for the fans who were hyped about this, but what can you do, hey?
That's unnecessarily harsh. I think both Ash and Goh are treated with respect in this series.

That's unnecessarily harsh. I think both Ash and Goh are treated with respect in this series.
Couldn't be further from the truth. Ash and Dawn was the archetype for how a series with co-protagonists should be handled. Ash and Goh, are not. Ash has been thrusted into the background while Goh has been given far more attention in this series. It's bad enough what they're doing with Team Rocket, but with the main character as well now? Yeah, no thanks. Until Ash is given equal, if not more treatement than Goh and Team Rocket are reverted to a signficant role again, you can't honestly suggest the anime staff are respecting the legacy of these characters. Anyways, this is off-topic and i'm tired of this subject. I do not like where this series is heading, so maybe let's just go back on topic again, hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom