• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN127: Go's Challenge! The Road to Mew!! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some might disagree but I'm very glad Project Mew is getting the attention it deserves with a two-parter. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I hope it's action focused and that we get some Mew lore on the way. It's also a relief that there isn't any clipshow before it starts. After many disappointing weeks September looks great.

Because doing back to back battles was never going to happen and also because they want Ash/Leon to be the final main story of the series.
Then Ash vs Leon better be at least one of the best battles in the series to be worth this BS. Also this doesn't excuse the amount of pace breaking thats happening.

Then Ash vs Leon better be at least one of the best battles in the series to be worth this BS. Also this doesn't excuse the amount of pace breaking thats happening.
We're getting the same amount of eps for the remaining battles either way

I'm still kind of surprised people really expected them to do the Master Class battles one after the other all without any breaks. Not only because of how that would be draining on their budget, but I think having that many battles back to back would be kind of overwhelming for the audience too. It isn't necessarily a sign of poor pacing or that they should have wrapped up Goh and Chole's storylines prior to the tournament. Using time in-between the Master Class to wrap up other storylines is really not on the same level as something like the lost Axew filler episode. It's making use of the down time between matches to wrap up characters so that they don't have to wait until the last minute to do so.

Also if they ended the series on a Project Mew arc over say Ash/Leon, people would have complained too. I already saw tons of people speculating the tournament would end so the final arc would be about Go. Instead it's obvious Go and Koharu got their eps between the semi-finals and Leon match, so Ash/Leon can rightfully end the series.

You think the head of Project Mew might turn out to be evil? Like, he could be a Team Rocket operative or something. Hell, this whole, "Project Mew," thing could just be a Team Rocket operation in disguise, so they can trick unsuspecting trainers into finding Mew for them. After all, Giovanni is seeking Mew out too.

You think the head of Project Mew might turn out to be evil? Like, he could be a Team Rocket operative or something. Hell, this whole, "Project Mew," thing could just be a Team Rocket operation in disguise, so they can trick unsuspecting trainers into finding Mew for them. After all, Giovanni is seeking Mew out too.
If Amaranth gets revealed to be a villain, then that would be such a lame twist considering all he's done is just talk talk and talk with not a single shred of evil to be found.

If Amaranth gets revealed to be a villain, then that would be such a lame twist considering all he's done is just talk talk and talk with not a single shred of evil to be found.
Yeah, you're right there. But, it would kinda fit with Journey's "tell, don't show," overall theme, now wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

I don't recall Giovanni seeking for Mew. And I doubt there's anything shady going on with Project Mew.

I don't recall Giovanni seeking for Mew. And I doubt there's anything shady going on with Project Mew.
Bruh Mewtwo? That was Team Rocket. And Giovanni is so dumb enough to try that again. Besides how else is this gonna end, with Goh actually CATCHING the dang thing.

Lamer than the shocking reveal of Lusamine, Lysander, and Rose?

Lamer than the shocking reveal of Lusamine, Lysander, and Rose?
Rose didn't really have much of a reveal if you asked me. Just one quick cameo and then the Darkest Day arc where we already know he's the bad guy because it has to follow the plot closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom