• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Latios Vs. Latias

Outcast

Perfect Nonsense
Reaction score
Before I start, I will say thanks to Envoy, who had the original idea of making these VS. threads, awesome idea Envoy!

1405334658_0ec6a22512.jpg

Sibling's Rivalry

Latias and Latios have many things in common.

-They are both Legendaries.
-They have the same types.
-They have almost no differences in the moves they learn.
-They are Bother and Sister.
-They have similar appearances.

The only differences I can think of are.
Latias is a girl, Latios is a boy (The obvious difference)
Latias is smaller than Latios, and they have different coloring.

So which one do you like?

I know it is a tough one, but they have different designs, characteristics, ect.

Last edited:
I've never been an especially offensive battler. Bulky offense is my preferred style, considering Latias is the bulkier of the two and she's also got very good offensive stats, I'm going to choose her.

Plus, she's just so effing adorable

I like both, but I have to go with Latias.

I love Mist Ball and she is so freaking adorable! <3

"The two that are one... The one that is all..."

They require each other to exist happily, so neither is more powerful. If anyone knows that quote, I salute your choice of books.

This one is just silly since they're practically the same, but I guess Latios is my favorite.

I like both of them equally >_<

Although, due to Drakon's Life of the Legendaries, I think that Latias is the more daring one.

Thanks for all the replies, and i know it is a tough one, but they have different designs, characteristics, ect.

Latias. She's adorable, red is my favorite color, and she fits my battle style.

Now if only I could find my lost Latias card!

This one pretty much comes down to aesthetical preference since they're virtually the same pokemon. going with Latios.

Went with Latias, since that was the one I had back in my old Sapphire game. Really no other reason.

Latias is red. And it has two A's in its name, as opposed to Latios with one. And it looks cuter.

Going with the minority--Latios. It's offensively oriented (and I'm one who likes offensive tactics).

I like Latios because of its colour, and also because I like the expression of his face. I had not used Latios competitively, but I know he is extremely powerful thanks to his better Special Attack stat.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom