• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Beasts Giveaway

I bet they'll have the three at different stores. (Gamestop,Target,ToysRus.)

I bet they'll have the three at different stores. (Gamestop,Target,ToysRus.)
Target's in-store wireless is to suckish for that. Plus, Target has only an aisle or two for videogames, while ToysRus and Gamestop have a special videogame section and the entire store, respectively.

If they did have a three store event, I would see it being McDonald's or Best Buy. Nintendo has paired up with McDonald's for WiFi events before, and Best Buy is one of the other few places where you can get the figures through pre-order of any given game.

I honestly hope that's not the case. I don't want to feel like I'm doing a quest or something just to get these three bewilderbeasts...

If they did have a three store event, I would see it being McDonald's or Best Buy. Nintendo has paired up with McDonald's for WiFi events before, and Best Buy is one of the other few places where you can get the figures through pre-order of any given game.
That is only true in Japan. Not anywhere else.

Last edited:
I really hope they give the same opportunity to us in the U.S. and also the folks over in the U.K. and Europe.

In Japan. Not anywhere else.

BEEP. Wrong. They had several Mario Kart DS tourneys two or three years back, hosted by the official Nintendo nSider forums. I didn't say POKEMON event, I said WIFI event. And as the events had something to do with WiFi (I believe the winners fought it out in McDonald's watched by Nintendo agents on WiFi?) they were indeed WiFi events. I'm not just talking Pokemon here.

Hey, I just realized something when I was looking at my 'Member Card' Wonder Card on my Platinum. I see that there are 2 empty spaces on the left and right of the Darkrai sprite, it looks like that 2 other sprites of Pokemon/Item can fit there. It's also on the PCP Wonder card and the Oak's Letter. Maybe they will actually give you all 3 beasts on one card so you have to talk to the man in green 3 times in the Poke Mart to receive all 3 dogs.....

Hey, I just realized something when I was looking at my 'Member Card' Wonder Card on my Platinum. I see that there are 2 empty spaces on the left and right of the Darkrai sprite, it looks like that 2 other sprites of Pokemon/Item can fit there. It's also on the PCP Wonder card and the Oak's Letter. Maybe they will actually give you all 3 beasts on one card so you have to talk to the man in green 3 times in the Poke Mart to receive all 3 dogs.....

There are spaces on a WC for three sprites, however it's been established that you can only choose 1 of the 3 beasts. The distribution will likely be via a slot-2 device, like previous movie ticket pre-orders have been.

Whether you can pre-order 3 tickets and get all 3 beasts... that's a possibility. You still might need 3 different games to do it, though, if the Wondercards all share the same ID#.

The enigma Crystal event wonder card had both of the Lati@s on it so all three beasts may be on the wonder card.

The enigma Crystal event wonder card had both of the Lati@s on it so all three beasts may be on the wonder card.

Wrong; it just unlocks the Pewter Museum Eon Pokémon event to be able to catch Latios in HeartGold or Latias in SoulSilver. The Wonder Card per se doesn't hold data of Pokémon but merely the information to get the Enigma Stone, which in turns triggers the event.

How am I wrong it had both the Lati@s on it. So I'm right. Even though you couldn't get both that way they were still both on the wonder card.

How am I wrong it had both the Lati@s on it. So I'm right. Even though you couldn't get both that way they were still both on the wonder card.

The wonder card in fact have non Pokemon on it. It has the Enigma Crystal.

The Platinum Wonder Card for the Oak's Letter has the image icon of a Shaymin, yet you just get a key item -the Oak's Letter- to unlock the event, which in turn lets you catch Shaymin in the Flower Paradise. So you're still wrong.

Similarly, the Secret Key and Member Card WCs had Rotom and Darkrai on them, respectively, when the actual giveaways were just for the key items to obtain them. It wouldn't surprise me if the upcoming Yellow Forest Pokewalker course Wonder Card had a Pikachu on it, either. I haven't looked at the Japanese one, though, so I can't be sure.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom