• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Loveless Mafia - Day 5 - 12/8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Loveless Mafia - Day 1 - 11/29/12

unvote: mafia

vote: twinArmageddons

Because your username is hard to spell that I had to copypasta

You're not really helping your cause here.
And you still haven't answered my question :p

Explain to me why you're mafia first.

but he asked you first

you wouldn't answer a question in an exam like, "explain why obesity can cause heart attacks" with "YOU explain why obesity can cause heart attacks"
Cuz this isn't an exam :p

'CUZ' THIS ISN'T AN EXAM????

i don't know why u started ur reply to my post with 'cuz' because afaik i didn't ask you any WHY questions, or even any questions at all!!!!!
You started the quote pyramid :p

it would be nice if you could make sense or perhaps post in a relevant sort of way

And you, sir :D

unvote: mafia

vote: twinArmageddons

Because your username is hard to spell that I had to copypasta

You're not really helping your cause here.
And you still haven't answered my question :p

Explain to me why you're mafia first.

but he asked you first

you wouldn't answer a question in an exam like, "explain why obesity can cause heart attacks" with "YOU explain why obesity can cause heart attacks"
Cuz this isn't an exam :p

'CUZ' THIS ISN'T AN EXAM????

i don't know why u started ur reply to my post with 'cuz' because afaik i didn't ask you any WHY questions, or even any questions at all!!!!!
You started the quote pyramid :p

it would be nice if you could make sense or perhaps post in a relevant sort of way

And you, sir :D

why are you just turning what anybody else says back on them?

i can tell i am definitely talking to #1 mafia player right here

Vote Tally:

Sputnik - II (Rio Kamishiro, Phoenicks)
TheDarkLord - I (Elysion)
Elysion - I (TheDarkLord)
CharAznable - I (Master Mew)
Dark Blueberry - I (twinArmageddons)
twinArmageddons - I (Dark Blueberry)

and I have no idea what is really going on, but okay

Was this meant to be taken as serious analysis, or are you still RVS'ing?

If serious: Remind me to bring a parachute next time we go conclusion-jumping. Weird =/= Scummy.

If serious: Remind me to bring a parachute next time we go conclusion-jumping. Weird =/= Scummy.

Knowing Buoy, I'm sure it wasn't serious. unless you were kidding, then ignore me

Knowing Buoy, I'm sure it wasn't serious. unless you were kidding, then ignore me

i meant #1 mafia player as in like

the best at mafia

and either way i was being sarcastic

Thought as much. Either way, back to the matter at hand... apparently Blueberry didn't answer a question twinArmageddons asked?

Yes, I asked him why he was mafia.

1. @Akuraito;
2. @Rio Kamishiro;
3. @Elysion;
4. @Dark Blueberry;
5. @FinalArcadia;
6. @Sputnik;
7. @Booster Gold;
8. @Master Mew;
9. @Stuntology;
10. @twinArmageddons;
11. @CharAznable;
12. @Buoy;
13. @Phoenicks;
14. @TheDarkLord;
15. @jda95;
16. @HumanDawn;

Who are we going to lynch?

The War Room's Day 1 plan is not working. Most players do not want to be lynched and act to prevent being lynched. Players on Day 1 then generally avoid risks: they post interrogation votes, joke votes, or jokes. (Who here has done it? I know I have.) Then the phase nears its end and there's no consensus lynch. The situation allows a few players to pick the lynch with an even lower chance of lynching mafia than random chance. The dynamic mainly benefits mafia. This pattern has happened in most recent games. Does this work for you?

Our individual, reasonable decisions have created a prisoner's dilemma: if we post to avoid risks (being the lynch target), then we hurt the town; if we post to accept risks (while becoming a lynch candidate), then we harm our own chances. The way to escape is to change our actions.

I'll make two arguments, then:

First: I should not be lynched because I am trying to coordinate the town. I've entered talks with several other players, which will become more important as the game progresses. I have the experience to help scumhunt. If you think that I'm not scum, wait a bit -- I might be killed quickly by the mafia anyways. (This is not to mention my role, which I will currently hide.)

Second: We should lynch Rio Kamishiro. She quietly snuck into several conversations and repeated twinArmageddon's inquiry of Dark Blueberry. I think that she did this to appear to be town without actually contributing. We have very little else to go on -- especially without anyone arguing for or against any lynches.

Unvote: Sputnik

Vote: Rio Kamishiro

The votes are now tied. One of you will have to vote to break the tie -- especially if there are mafia roles that allow them to manipulate the votecount.

I should not be lynched because I am trying to coordinate the town. I've entered talks with several other players, which will become more important as the game progresses. I have the experience to help scumhunt.
O I C. Because Scum have no interest in coordinating the Town's actions. Gotcha. Nick is obviously cleared from Day 1.
If you think that I'm not scum, wait a bit -- I might be killed quickly by the mafia anyways. (This is not to mention my role, which I will currently hide.)
O I C. Now scum won't kill you because you said they might if you're Town. They'll try to "frame" you by keeping you around. Clever.

You've just talked the Town into not lynching you, and scum into not killing you. Bloody brilliant.

Observe my, "buying-it," face: :goof:
Second: We should lynch Rio Kamishiro. She quietly snuck into several conversations and repeated twinArmageddon's inquiry of Dark Blueberry. I think that she did this to appear to be town without actually contributing. We have very little else to go on -- especially without anyone arguing for or against any lynches.

Unvote: Sputnik

The votes are now tied. One of you will have to vote to break the tie -- especially if there are mafia roles that allow them to manipulate the votecount.
Unvote: CharAznable

Vote: Phoenicks

For openly attempting to manipulate the Town and pre-emptively providing a reason for his survival into late-game.

There ya go, now I'm arguing for a lynch. Pleased? :drowsy:

UNVOTE: Sputnik.

VOTE: Phoenicks.

I'm going with Master Mew on this.

Phoenicks said:
I think that she did this to appear to be town without actually contributing.

It's called trying to be active while attempting to contribute. I abhor inactivity.

I'm going with Master Mew on this.
Predictable. I hope you weren't under the impression that I was defending you just because I didn't vote for you.

Not at all. I merely agreed. And having a no lynch will get us nowhere, why not take it somewhere? I'm not taking my vote off, if you're trying to see if I will. I'm comfortable where I am.

Not at all. I merely agreed. And having a no lynch will get us nowhere, why not take it somewhere? I'm not taking my vote off, if you're trying to see if I will. I'm comfortable where I am.
Good. If you'd moved your vote that quickly, I would have moved mine. Still might, in fact.

I'm growing weary of this, "We should lynch someone, because no-lynching gets us nowhere," line of thinking. It's usually used to justify a vote that the voters themselves distrust.

Good. If you'd moved your vote that quickly, I would have moved mine. Still might, in fact.

I'm growing weary of this, "We should lynch someone, because no-lynching gets us nowhere," line of thinking. It's usually used to justify a vote that the voters themselves distrust.

I see. Well, I suppose opinions are liable to change at any time.

Mmm, I don't blame you for thinking that way. Although my style won't change, I've been playing this way for a while now. And you're mainly right, it is used to justify voting for those the voters don't trust. But I find it hard to not trust someone yet, especially on day 1.

Mmm, I don't blame you for thinking that way. Although my style won't change, I've been playing this way for a while now. And you're mainly right, it is used to justify voting for those the voters don't trust. But I find it hard to not trust someone yet, especially on day 1.
I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant they don't trust the vote itself. i.e. Because you voted for Phoenicks and then quickly said, "We need to lynch someone, because no-lynching gets us nowhere," (paraphrased) I can now assume that you don't actually think Phoenicks is scum - you just want a lynch and don't want it to be you (since Phoenicks just posted a case against you).

Tell us why you think Phoenicks is Town.

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant they don't trust the vote itself. i.e. Because you voted for Phoenicks and then quickly said, "We need to lynch someone, because no-lynching gets us nowhere," (paraphrased) I can now assume that you don't actually think Phoenicks is scum - you just want a lynch and don't want it to be you (since Phoenicks just posted a case against you).

Tell us why you think Phoenicks is Town.

Ah, I see now. Yeah, I misunderstood that. If you were thinking I was nervous from one vote, I wasn't. In fact, I didn't switch my vote to him for that reason. I advocate lynches, and if I see the chance to take it, I will.

If I knew for certain he was town, I wouldn't be voting him now, would I?

Ah, I see now. Yeah, I misunderstood that. If you were thinking I was nervous from one vote, I wasn't. In fact, I didn't switch my vote to him for that reason. I advocate lynches, and if I see the chance to take it, I will.

If I knew for certain he was town, I wouldn't be voting him now, would I?
Yes. I think you would. You, "advocate lynches, and if [you] see the chance to take it, [you] will."

I get a lot of scummy vibes from Phoenicks myself, but I agree with him that Rio Kamishiro is really scummy.

Once Phoenicks pointed out Rio Kamishiro, and Master Mew took offense to Phoenicks and voted him, Rio Kamishiro very happily jumped on that bandwagon. I'd expect it of a typical bulba mafia player.

Also, Master Mew, manipulating the town isn't a trick reserved for the mafia. :p

So:
FoS: Phoenicks, Master Mew
Unvote: Dark Blueberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom