• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #46 Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS?

Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS?

• I liked and used the radio often. It was a good feature!

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I didn't like/use the radio at all.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I used it for somethings occassionally, but not all of the time.

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the forty-sixth installment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll:

Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS??

The Pokegear came with a nifty little radio feature once you got to Goldeonrod City. Sometimes you could play games (Buena's Password), find new pokemon (Hoenn and Sinnoh music), find out facts from Prof. Oak's show or just change the music in an area to your liking. But, do you like or use it? Let us know!

Past Polls of the Week

01) Were the original 151 the best?
02) Most beneficial new generation?
03) Best Kanto Starter?
04) Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
05) First Pokémon game?
06) Best Johto Starter?
07) How old were you when you started playing?
08) Do you still play the older generations?
09) Best Hoenn Starter?
10) Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
11) Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
12) Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
13) Most beneficial third version?
14) First handheld console?
15) Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?
16) Favourite Hoenn Gym Design?
17) Favourite Apricorn Ball?
18) Pokémon Contests - Yay or Nay?
19) Did you use the Wi-Fi Plaza?
20) Favourite Kanto Gym Leader?
21) Do you like remakes?
22) Favourite Stat Trainer?
23) Favourite Johto Gym Leader?
24) Would you like to see older games on the 3DS Virtual Console?
25) Will Platinum be the last third version?
26) Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?
27) Whitney's Miltank - Was it a problem for you?
28) Do you play originals or remakes?
29) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?
30) Did you use the TMs?
31) Favourite Sinnoh Gym Design?
32) Favourite Ranger game?
33) Favourite Mystery Dungeon Game?
34) Headbutt or Honey Trees?
35) Were you addicted to the Sinnoh Underground?
36) Do you prefer breakable TMs?
37) Did you participate in the Pokéathlon?
38) Favourite Eeveelution?
39) Did you prefer Gen III's Battle Frontier facilities or Gen IV's?
40) Did your participate in Contests?
41) Pokegear, Pokenav or Poketch?
42) Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?
43) Were you able to catch/find Feebas in R/S/E?
44) Did you like the inclusion of the Sevii Islands in FRLG?
45) Did you replant berries?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

In Crystal? I tuned in to Buena's Password ALWAYS. Even if I didn't feel like playing the game. Buena's Password was the best thing. And I don't even know why. It was the music.

In HGSS it was nice I guess. The channel with the old remixes was a very neat touch. Though I didn't really find much of a practical use for it other than Buena's Password, I did like reading the random channels and stuff.

I mostly used it to wake up Snorlax, and Hoenn and Sinnoh sound.

When I was a kid I especially liked using it at the Ruins of Alph, and after discovering that it was weird there, I would always turn on the radio to test it wherever I went. Lol.

It was useless apart from the Snorlax case. I didnt like it. Saying this is has been along time since ive been on Crystal, im on it at the moment, so I might update this post if I find use for it :)

I hardly used it apart from waking Snorlax. Though, it was hilarious to listen to Team Rocket begging Giovanni to come back over the radio

I used it for waking up Snorlax, but doesn't mean I liked it. I guess it was a nice addition, but it was one of those things in games that aren't really needed, just for aesthetic reasons.

I used it to listen to the weird sounds the Unown make in the Ruins of Alph, wake the Snorlax, listen to Hoenn and Sinnoh sounds, and to listen for swarms.

I only used it for Snorlax or changing the music when I got fed up with the standard BGM. I would've used it far more if it had a wider choice of stations and thus a larger variety of tracks.

I used it chasing down the dogs. I thought that it would draw out Suicune better than just running in the grass. Can't recall if it was really as effective as I thought it was. Hell, I never did manage to catch Raiku.

I like it, especially Buena's Password, since it lets you get free items. I also love Pokemon Talk, because it tells you about swarming Pokemon, and Pokemon Music, for Hoenn/Sinnoh Sounds.

For the most part, I used it for Buena's Password, as getting free items for doing virtually nothing is always fun. And the music in Buena's Password was rather catchy. Other than that, and the whole Snorlax bit, I rarely used it, not even for swarms in HGSS (something that I often forget about, but at the same time, not really worth it just to get junk rare Mons).

Forgot it even existed.

Think that answers the question from my side pretty well.

I liked the feature. I didn't use it all that often, but I liked that I could tune in and listen to different music, and get items from the shows.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom