• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Magnezone

I'm waiting to see an evolution for Miltank and Tauros
I doubt they will ever make an evolution of two pokemon. The closest you would get would be pre-evolution (Tyrouge), or party requirement (Mantyke)

I like all of the new evolutions, including Probopass, Magnezone and Lickylicky. Ambipom isn't my favorite, but I don't dislike it either.

I don't have a problem with Magnezone, really. A quite similar Pokémon though that annoys me a lot more is Magmortar. God, it looks awful...

I doubt they will ever make an evolution of two pokemon. The closest you would get would be pre-evolution (Tyrouge), or party requirement (Mantyke)

Well, we've had a four-way branch with two Pokemon that also includes gender, form-changing event legendaries, a stone that only works on a certain gender of a certain species, a stone you must hold (not use) to evolve, Orbs that power-boost two types, sixteen individual items that change the forms of a Pokemon that hasn't been officially revealed yet, a Pokemon with over 4,000,000,000 forms, Pokemon that evolve from move learning and being in a specific location, a seven-way branch, an evolution of friggin' Tangela, dungeon crawlers, ranger games, virtual pet pals, storage games, and a Trozei game.

Thus, I wouldn't we surprised if Pokemon decided to REALLY JUMP THE SHARK with a backwards branch (one Pokemon evolving from two different Pokemon). That would be pretty cool, though.

If two Pokémon families had the same end result, wouldn't that be a little pointless? Besides, I don't think he meant Tauros and Miltank evolving into the same Pokémon, but rather a seperate evolution for both.

If two Pokémon families had the same end result, wouldn't that be a little pointless? Besides, I don't think he meant Tauros and Miltank evolving into the same Pokémon, but rather a seperate evolution for both.

It could make sense, with, say Plusle+Minun, Volbeat+Illumise, and, with a stretch, Tauros+Miltank.

They won't make a prevolution/evolution of Volbeat and Illumise because they both require different amount of experience points and grow at different rates.

Volbeat needs 600,000 experience points to hit lvl.100 while Illumise needs a whooping 1,640,000 points to hit lvl.100. It would be difficult to program a single Pokémon that can hit both caps.

It's also not as likely with Tauros and Miltank since they both have different bodyshapes (Unless you're willing to have Tauros that knows Focus Punch).

It's also not as likely with Tauros and Miltank since they both have different bodyshapes (Unless you're willing to have Tauros that knows Focus Punch).

Its the males that pass on the moves, they could probably make it so that the baby can't learn Focus Punch by TMs. Salamence is able to learn Earthquake through TM, yet when it is bred, it won't be able to pass on Earthquake to Bagon since it doesn't learn it.

Volbeat needs 600,000 experience points to hit lvl.100 while Illumise needs a whooping 1,640,000 points to hit lvl.100. It would be difficult to program a single Pokémon that can hit both caps.
In a new generation they could make it so that pre-evolutions have less base experience points required to hit level 100 than their evolutions. It makes sense and would solve that problem.

Its the males that pass on the moves, they could probably make it so that the baby can't learn Focus Punch by TMs. Salamence is able to learn Earthquake through TM, yet when it is bred, it won't be able to pass on Earthquake to Bagon since it doesn't learn it.

Now I don't exactly remember, but what about when Ditto is involved?

In a new generation they could make it so that pre-evolutions have less base experience points required to hit level 100 than their evolutions. It makes sense and would solve that problem.

That doesn't really sound sound at all. Say the new baby evolves at a certain trigger. If it's male, nothing happens to it's level, but if it's female, since it's base experience doesn't change upon evolution, suddenly following a new growth pattern would mean that it would actually drop a few levels.

Besides, they usually give pre-evolutions to pokémon that appear to be popular. (It also helps if you happen to be in the Humanshape or Fairy egg group.)

Now I don't exactly remember, but what about when Ditto is involved?

Its always the males still that pass on the moves, except I believe for Nidorans where the female is able to pass its moves onto its male and female offspring. Either way there wouldn't be a loop hole as long as they make it so that the baby can't learn Focus Punch through TM.

Hey, I noticed some people talking about a possible pre-evolution for Tauros and Miltank... Well I have had one in my head for a while! I don't have an image, but there is a design in my head. The name is "Calby", it's based on a calf, its stats average about 60... stuff like that.

The name is cute. I think it should looked like the baby cow in Harvest Moon game, with two tails and always holds a Moomoo Milk. :) Just kidding.

Yeah, I read the Wiki a lot, and applied the same naming logic. I combined "calf" and "baby".

Also, about that Persian evolution... I have one of those in my head too, but not an appearance, just a name. Siashui, from "Siamese" (a breed of cat) and "Feng Shui" (decorating the home to direct the flow of chi, and provide good fortune).

Never actually had a problem with Magnezone's design, and in fact it is the only member of the line I like, as Magnemite is boring, and Magneton is uncreative.

Back
Top Bottom