• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details to a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

Pokemon Stadium 3 for 3DS:

1. Download on eShop
2. But in Black,White cartridge
3. Import your Pokemanz and have dem battlez

Seriously though, if its a XD like game, it better be like the real games with gym leaders and stuff.

Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

I'm down with a new colosseum/stadium/pbr type game. Especially since pbr only connected to diamond and pear.

I connect to my pears all the time. I get the beta prototype of Vanillite before it was an ice cream cone.

As much as I would love RSEmakes or Gray, what I'm actually hoping for is a 3D Battle Sim for Gen V. D8 I want my pretty shiny Reshiram in 3D already!

If all goes well, grey should look like a battle sim, considering how much raw power the system can output compared to the 3ds. It's at least as powerful as the wii.

I'm down with a new colosseum/stadium/pbr type game. Especially since pbr only connected to diamond and pear. Although gray would be pretty cool. I really doubt the new main series game (gray) will be on the 3ds, with the Nobunaga's ambition game being released on the ds.

I think the ambition crossover is only on the 3ds because of poor planning. Developing for the ds almost a year after the 3ds has launched is a terrible idea.
Nintendo will not let game freak put gray on ds. There is too much potential $$ to be lost if they did it on the ds.

EST should be in the afternoon round 5 o clock. So nothing with Nintendo Direct(that was obvious enough) and Trollfreak will likely strike again. Best part is if we do this every 2 months and we get nothing on the game just on Kyurem, Pokemon and ND are gonna line up again in April.
I think agents of operation rainfall would like to disagree with you.

Last edited:

Ooh I wonder if this is Pokemon Gray/RSE remakes! :D

Lets hope so!! It most likely will be. Or hoping for a new MD? But I doubt it.
Well I can't watch the show. I hope I can hear some news of it though!

Uhhhh... Doesn't Masuda only handle main series games? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he does, why are people wanting him to announce a side series game? o_O

With that being said(typed), I'm not going to get my hopes up.

@Alpha922
they didn't spit Gen III in Japan, only in American and other places did that happen, due to all translating they had to do because pokemon games have lots of text.

so the main guesses for this are "gray" or R/S/E remakes. I'm up for both.
I wish I understood Japanese

Gen III wasn't split anywhere. they were all on the GBA. Gen's I and II were only on Gameboy. Gen IV was only on DS. why would they go off the beaten path and put it on the 3DS?

Also, if they were to put it on the 3DS, it'd probably look more advanced. Usually they'd add brand new things with a new game in a new generation.

Is it possibly a 4th Pokemon ranger?

Pokemon Ranger - March 2006
Pokemon Ranger 2 - March 2008
Pokemon Ranger 3 - March 2010
Pokemon Ranger 4? - March 2012?

Is it possibly a 4th Pokemon ranger?

Pokemon Ranger - March 2006
Pokemon Ranger 2 - March 2008
Pokemon Ranger 3 - March 2010
Pokemon Ranger 4? - March 2012?

Aren't those the release dates, not the the announcement dates?

@Alpha922
they didn't spit Gen III in Japan, only in American and other places did that happen, due to all translating they had to do because pokemon games have lots of text.

so the main guesses for this are "gray" or R/S/E remakes. I'm up for both.
I wish I understood Japanese

Gen III wasn't split anywhere. they were all on the GBA. Gen's I and II were only on Gameboy. Gen IV was only on DS. why would they go off the beaten path and put it on the 3DS?

Also, if they were to put it on the 3DS, it'd probably look more advanced. Usually they'd add brand new things with a new game in a new generation.

sorry, I really worded that wrong, all my fault, what I'm trying to say is that Emerald came out before the DS in japan, so they could not possibly spit the gen. the reason why it was retailed on the GBA in other county was because for the long translation process, by the time it was done the DS was already retailed in other countys so Gen III doesn't help your point, and it could be on the 3DS as that would really help the sales. we also already have a pokemon 3DS game, even though it's a spinoff, which may point in that direction.

As much as I would love RSEmakes or Gray, what I'm actually hoping for is a 3D Battle Sim for Gen V. D8 I want my pretty shiny Reshiram in 3D already!

If all goes well, grey should look like a battle sim, considering how much raw power the system can output compared to the 3ds. It's at least as powerful as the wii.

I'm down with a new colosseum/stadium/pbr type game. Especially since pbr only connected to diamond and pear. Although gray would be pretty cool. I really doubt the new main series game (gray) will be on the 3ds, with the Nobunaga's ambition game being released on the ds.

I think the ambition crossover is only on the 3ds because of poor planning. Developing for the ds almost a year after the 3ds has launched is a terrible idea.
Nintendo will not let game freak put gray on ds. There is too much potential $$ to be lost if they did it on the ds.

"So much raw power"? Why would they make drastic changes to the third game instead of waiting for the next generation. They've never made any drastic changes (power-wise, meaning graphics, game size, pretty much anything to do with the mechanics of the cartridge) to any other third game in the past.

I too am hoping that it's the supposed Gray version, but I won't keep my hopes up high.

I wish people would stop asking for Pokemon games on the 3DS...
Besides, no Pokemon Generation has been cross-generational-console. It wouldn't make sense since the 3DS is technically a serparate line anyway, considering it's an overhaul...Still, my views on it did change a little when datel upgraded the AR DSi to be 3DS compatible.

Anyway, I digress; I certainly hope it will be the third version, and considering it wouldn't make sense to make a game in the same generation on a different handheld my hopes are for a normal DS pokemon game. Alternatively I hope it will be RS remakes (possibly with Emerald features), but I'm not sure it would make sense to have paired remakes before or without the third version of the "base" pair of a generation. It just wouldn't be right to change a pattern that's been here since generation III...
As for Kyurem, the "platinum" treatment would certainly be nice. A new forme's just what that big ugly cold-hearted and awesome pokemon needs.

The official website has been updated with a summary of Pokémon Smash's episode that will air March 4. It says that there will be a big news broadcast about the upcoming movie, so as predicted by some people, Masuda was most likely just foreshadowing the preview of the actual announcement (which is rumored to be Kyurem's Forme).

From Masuda's blog:
News is very important! ! !

Be broadcast on TV Tokyo series (Sunday) from 7:30 am February 26, 2012

Pokemon to smash, Masuda will appear! ! ! However,,,

What! ! ! So,,,

Since the announcement very serious,
Please do not miss it absolutely! ! !

Please see the live broadcast on everyone! ! !

And, to those who can not see is,,,
Masuda will shed the same information as the TV immediately after the broadcast on Twitter! ! !

Everyone, please look forward to Ne! ! ! ! !

Wait what? Did he get the dates mixed up, or what? Makes no sense whatsover, but what the hell news is news.

Wait what? Did he get the dates mixed up, or what? Makes no sense whatsover, but what the hell news is news.

Huh, mix up? I am not sure what did you mean by that. Smash airs on Sundays and the next episode will be on Feb. 26.

Huh, mix up? I am not sure what did you mean by that. Smash airs on Sundays and the next episode will be on Feb. 26.
He means that it's odd that the show's website makes no mention of Masuda's appearance, or even of anything special happening this Sunday. But it would be too bizarre if Masuda got the date wrong on three separate occasions, so I guess this is a very special case where Masuda's appearance isn't being overhyped by anyone but himself and his fans.

He means that it's odd that the show's website makes no mention of Masuda's appearance, or even of anything special happening this Sunday. But it would be too bizarre if Masuda got the date wrong on three separate occasions, so I guess this is a very special case where Masuda's appearance isn't being overhyped by anyone but himself and his fans.
Oh, silly me. Well... I think they wanted to make it a surprise kind of thingy to increase the hype among the fans. Also, he did say the same thing during the interview as well. So, there's a very little to no chance of him getting the date wrong.

So nothing is happening on the 26? The big reveal is March 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom