• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ME Movies Mafia: Endgame: Winners are You! 15/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame: Winners are You!
@TheCapsFan
@CheffOfGames
@AussieEevee

Endgame: Winners are you!

Together, Elieson and the ghost of Rainbow Cloud made their way to the base of operations of their enemy, The Alliance of Doom and Stuff.
Standing between them and their objective were several mooks, death traps, and, most importantly of all, the remaining commander of the Alliance, and the default leader after Enzap's demise, Doctor Floptopus.
"So uhhhh, being dead already, is there any way you can help me out here?" Elieson asked his spectral companion.
"Not really," answered RC, "I'm intangible, which means they can't touch me, but it also means I can't touch them."
"Well shoot," said Elieson, taking out his blasters, "looks like I'll have to do this the hard way."

Feeling bolder than he probably should have, Elieson kicked the front door down, and charged inside, guns blazing. Anything that moved got shot. In moments, the front entry was completely devoid of adversaries, but an alarm sounded, which signaled to Elie that he had been noticed by surveillance.

Doctor Floptopus looked up from her work as the klaxon began ringing.
"Intruders," she thought, "but we're so close. I can't let them foil our plans!"
Inside a nearby plexiglass tank, a mysterious liquid bubbled.

Elieson charged through another stairway, attempting to take the most direct route to the laboratories on the 4th floor of the complex. However, he found his way blocked by several mooks.
"Typical," he said to himself, as he continued charging.
Baffled by this reckless tactic, the goons were too stunned by this apparent idiocy to react as Elieson mowed them all down.
"#Winning!" said the power player, sinking blast after blast into his opponents.

Finally, he arrived at the labs. Before he could enter, Doctor Floptopus emerged, looking none too pleased.
"You cannot be allowed to interfere at this critical juncture," she said, scowling, and pulling out a sonic screwdriver.

Elieson leveled his blasters, and attempted to fire. Alas, his good fortune abruptly came to an end, as his blasters jammed, possibly due to the interference from Doc Flop's sonic screwdriver.
"Bah!" shouted the power player, throwing the useless weapons to the ground and raising his fists, "who needs 'em anyway?"
He cracked his neck menacingly and advanced on his adversary.
Elieson's fighting technique was aggressive and sloppy, but it had the might and ferocity of the dinosaurs behind it.
Flop, on the other hand, preferred a subtler style that minimized wasted energy and still delivered devastating blows.
Elie's first punch went wide, and smashed a hole in the wall next to the lab doors. Flop side stepped as Elie withdrew his hand from the wall and turned to deliver a second punch, again connecting only with air, as Flop hit home with a blow to Elie's solar plexus. Temporarily stunned, the power player was then assaulted by a series of blows to other various nerve clusters, forcing him to be on the defensive. As Flop continued to pummel him, Elieson's rage began building. His body began trembling as his fury started consuming him. He remembered a lesson that his mentor, Master Elementar, had taught him all those years ago, and focused his rage into a single devastating beam. He turned, took aim, and fired.
Elieson's eruption connected with Flop's torso, blasting her backwards and through the lab doors, knocking them off their hinges.
Still fuming, Elie walked through the busted doors and found his opponent laying on the ground, beaten and bruised. As he approached her, a timer went off.
Still on the ground, Flop spluttered out a bit of blood and chuckled weakly.
"You're too late," she said, "even though I'm about to die, we've still won."

The strange liquid in the tank drained, revealing the tank's true inhabitant. A rather slimy looking monster.

Elie's rage dissipated, as he stared at the vile creature in shock.
"You didn't!" he gasped.
"We did," confirmed Flop, coughing weakly, "and so my last act on this earth will be to end your pitiful existence, as well as the life of the Section Head you all hold so dearly."

She drew a few more ragged breaths, gasped once, and died.

Dear Rainbow Cloud TheCapsFan,
In this installment of the ME movies you are acting as Doctor Floptopus
73979.jpg

Nothing here but a madwoman with a box.
The ultimate power seeker and an evil genius at inventing stuff. You have lost the plans for most of your evil inventions, except for a certain police box that looks awfully familiar... except it serves a different purpose here.

You are the rolecop, meaning that once a night, you may Rolecop: (Player) and their role shall be revealed to you.

You are allied with The Alliance of Doom and Stuff and win when all opposing factions are dead and you are unopposed in generically taking over the universe like the villains you are.

Elie barely noticed the death of the final Alliance leader, as the Slimy Monster was quickly advancing on him. He backpedaled quickly, only to find himself up against a wall. His guns discarded and useless, and his energy spent, Elieson closed his eyes and prepared for his gory demise at the gooey appendages of the monstrosity.

"Have no fear, ME is here!" boomed a voice.

Indeed, the insane engineer had arrived, and swooped in on his jetpack to lift Elieson to the relative safety of a nearby rooftop.
As he hovered at the edge of the roof, he looked back at his final living ally.
"Rainbow Cloud informed me of your progress," he said, as the ghost reappeared next to the Super Mod and waved, "so I decided to pay you all a visit to finish what we started."
"Let me catch my breath, and I'll be right behind you," said Elieson, gasping slightly.
"No," said the mad scientist firmly, "no matter what you see and no matter what you hear, do not follow me."
"But," began the power player.
"No buts," snapped ME, cutting him off, "Slimy Monster is dangerous. Far too dangerous for anyone else to handle. It has to be me. He's my responsibility."
With that, he flew off to face the mutant. As he departed, Elieson and RC could have sworn they heard the Section Head say: "I'm getting too old for this shit."

Slimy Monster was snacking on his creator's corpse as ME crashed back into the room. He blasted in from the roof, and landed on Slimy Monster's head with as much force as he could muster. Though the impact did little to damage the vile creature, it certainly caught its attention, as ME somersaulted off of the creature's head to land in front of it, flipping out two daggers from his trench coat sleeves.

"Alright, bub," said the Super Moderator, "let's end this."
The gooey monster unleashed a gurgling roar, and the two combatants charged at each other. ME's knives flashing as he slashed them, and Slimy Monster's tentacles oozing as he swung them. The two collided at high speed in a blur of steel, slime, limbs, and energy.

From their vantage point on the rooftop, Elieson and Rainbow Cloud's ghost watched as the Alliance's Headquarters exploded. Debris rained down from the heavens, pelting Elie and giving him a few minor scratches and abrasions, but the power player didn't notice. They kept their eyes glued to the flaming building, as explosions continued to rock it to its very foundation. The ground tremored and the remains of the building collapsed inward, as the glass in all the nearby buildings shattered. Still, there was no sign of the Section Head.

Panicking slightly, the power player waited until the ground stopped shaking, but he made his way to the ruins of the once mighty HQ, with RC floating along behind him. He searched through the debris, finding many slime splattered rocks and, eventually, the charred and lifeless corpse of the Slimy Monster. Still, there was no sign of Maniacal Engineer.
Desperately, Elieson kept digging, with RC's ghost phasing through various collapsed walls to search.
"Over here," called the specter, glumly.
Elie ran over to the apparition, and stopped suddenly. Buried amidst the rubble was ME's robotic arm, busted, covered in blood, and sparking slightly. Rainbow Cloud phased through the debris pile, to look for a body, but found only more blood a few assorted bones, and the remains of ME's now mangled jetpack.
He floated out of the pile and shook his head sadly.

Dear CheffOfGames,
In this installment of the ME movies you are acting as Maniacal Engineer,

78329.jpg

I may be a maniac, but I'm the best maniac I know!
The hero of Our Story, You are an AI, but not a crapshoot mind you, that's only in more serious fiction. You have a strong sense of justice, and will not rest until you and your friends and colleagues save the day, however it should be noted that death is inevitable, so you can do whatever you can to stop it. Because of this you are the Doctor

Once a night, you may PM the real ME and the OLDEN one with the words Protect: (player) and that player will be protected from a potential Night Kill.

You are allied with ME and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits, you win when all opposing factions are dead and their mooks are left with no one to follow.

Elieson carefully picked up the Section Head's arm and looked around at the destruction. They had won, but at what cost? All of ME's other allies were dead, and now even the Section Head himself seemed to have perished. He sighed, and he and RC returned to the airport, where Elie would catch a flight back home.

Dear AussieEevee,
In this installment of the ME movies you are acting as Elieson

84821.jpg

Everything is accounted for, except for sheer luck.
An assassin who is very competent, but at the same time can sometimes be royally screwed over by sheer Luck or lack thereof. You trained under Elementar alongside TheCapsFan and returnofMCH But can't say that thanks to the rules of the game

You are The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass
Each night you may either choose to fire your laser or take aim.
If you fire your laser without taking aim, you will have a 75% kill accuracy, no matter what alignment your target has.
If you choose to take aim, you must take aim on a specific player.
Whenever you next fire after taking aim, that shot will be 100% accurate against Mafia, 25% accurate against Town, and 75% accurate against Independents.
Each night you also have a passive bulletproof ability that has a 25% chance of working.

You are allied with ME and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits, you win when all opposing factions are dead and their mooks are left with no one to follow.

Congratulations to the Town for winning the game! There will be an Endcredits and an Epilogue to this story, so we're not even done with the FT for this game yet. However, due to the Star Trek convention that I will be attending this weekend, I do not know if I will get to that before the 72 hours are over. Please be sure to read that FT as it is posted, though, since it is important to the BMU.

Congratulations to the town for winning this game, and thanks to MCH and ME for hosting!

I feel bad about my own play in Day 1, it came during a time I was very busy with family stuff so I tried a high-risk high-gain gambit of just claiming indep and sticking to it for as long as possible... but then I had to become even more inactive and couldn't answer the questions thrown at me in time, the votes piled up... Eh, maybe some other time.

Oh yes, I suppose I should say that the reason MYLO and LYLO weren't announced in this game is because Town always had at least one killing role and its protective role still alive. So even if Mafia had achieved parity due to a lynch, the night would still need to happen to determine kill outcome(s) and protection. Hence the game was never truly in a state where a mislynch could directly cause an endgame.

I only gave a little input into the setup of this game, but I think, due to how close of a game it became, the setup, though unorthodox, worked out reasonably well.

One final major thing. @AussieEevee got insanely lucky with his shot on Arata. Flying Pumpkin is affected by modifiers like Godfather and Miller, so there was only a 25% chance of him hitting his target that evening.

I am willing to provide feedback and constructive criticism for anyone who wishes it.
Expect for Zexy. I completely forgot he was even in this game since he played so badly. :p

Well it was a fun game. Superb hosting by ME & MCH and fantastic FT.

Congrats Town. You did well in the end there. The game was fairly balanced as the Town was really strong to counter us 4 scummy scums and 1 Indep SK. Alex had the entire scum team by D2, or was it D1 itself? :p

I think even the mafia did a good job till the end. It was a nervous few phases in the end but Caps really held his own and the Tracker claim was really good. Arata was really good for their 1st game here. Feenie was good too but was stuck in a role in which there was not much scope of surviving (of course, we are talking about the star crossed lovers Zexy and Mido here).

Overall, a really good game and a special one for ME as it's my 20th completed Mafia game here (counting Spring Jester Mafia and EIMM). Can't believe I already completed so many games here. :)

Mafia's biggest downfall aside from not submitting kills the past two nights was a lack of communication.
When Arata was under fire, redirecting suspicion onto a town member was good, but putting it on a town member whose death would cause a mafia member, especially one who was being fairly universally townread due to a brilliant bussing maneuver, was folly.
Why on earth did you ever go along with that?

@Maniacal Engineer, this was one amazing game for Flavor, I really liked it and the final battle was amazing.
GG Town for almost losing but bringing it back from the brink!
That was what made the game amazing on my part.
I am willing to provide feedback and constructive criticism for anyone who wishes it.
Yes please, also, can we have a list of actions, I would be fine with just the last few phases but preferably the entire game of course :p

In the last phase, Town was able to lose if Caps attacked me and AE missed this night and the next night, which was only a 4% chance of happening but I was still so uncertain that I asked both Max and Dylan for input.
This was also because I was able to force at least a tie on the game if I protected myself, since the game would enter a stalemate between no lynches, caps trying to kill me and me trying to keep protecting myself.

Also, I was surprised that I survived as long as I did because I was inactive for most of the game. I really liked how it ended because I was so uncertain of being able to trust AE that I almost screwed up :p
One thing that I do want to address is that this was the second game at the same time where I was a Doctor (this is of course without ongoing games where I am still alive) which is amazing RNG.
Anyways, this was a very fun game and although I don't really like the Doctor role (I prefer investigative or killing roles) it was really amazing to play.

Also about my mod mistake that one day phase
I need to be more careful next time, I learned my lesson.
Other than that though I suprised myself there weren't more mistakes. (Well using a twitch facepalm emote to say I screwed up isn't exactly a good host response to screwing up :p)

Oh, the other thing I forgot about it all... @Midorikawa THAT FT LOL <3
Sorry I did that to you... actually sorry not sorry, u killed me :(

Still some great FT there, ME :D
Like I told you in private, I wanted a little variation on the "Lovers die together" theme. Most of the time, one dies and the other kills themself. This time, they killed each other. Tru luv, indeed. <3

Good job guys! Congratulations, this was a very fun game and I was happy to have been apart of it. Thank you very much to the hosts, Maniacal Engineer and returnofMCH. I actually thought being a mafia lover was really interesting, since I haven't seen that recently. MegaPod made a really good lover partner, also. I was a bit confused on what exactly the reasoning was with my decided lynch, but I guess there must've been some type of plan there that didn't go through like it was supposed to. Either way, we did our best and so good job anyway guys. Again, the game was fun and I had a great time. Thank you again!

I would appreciate feedback and criticism!

We could have had a greater chance of winning if we didn't forget to pass a kill on the night Cheff "apparently" saved Elementar. Also, I didn't know Doctor could self protect in this game, so we targetted Cheff on the next night and failed.

@Feenie I was planning to bus for the sake of either of us getting a town read, but Aussie Eevee just killed without discrimination ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom