• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty vs May vs Dawn vs Iris vs Serena?

Maria

Reaction score
Who do you think is the best?I'll go for SERENA!

Attachments

• alll.png
    alll.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,528
Dawn is the best thing ever happened in pokémon.
She is basically a female Ash. She doesn't need any shippings to be relevant like other pokegirls.
She has a massive character development.
Her interactions with her Pokémon is better than other companions.
She's headstrong, bold, energetic, reckless and cheerful.
Dawn for life ❤

I think Dawn was handled the best, objectively speaking.

Personally, I'd choose Dawn again, since out of all the female companions, I was the most invested in her story compared to the rest.

You know, I hope that now since Ash has won a League, we go back to see how his other companions did in their goals; possibly seeing them take part in their major competitions for their respective goals. I'd love to see May and Dawn win their respective Grand Festivals and see their reactions to Ash having won the Alola League and having beaten both Alola's strongest Trainer and a Guardian Deity. Heck, you could also add Serena in there, too, especially if she decides to graduate to Contests a her new primary goal.

My order, from least favorite to favorite (some might be equals) with an explanation.

Iris - Worst female traveling companion by far. Not only was she basically a rip-off of Misty, but she was a bad one. She was just so annoying. The only thing I liked about her is sometimes she had good friendship chemistry with Ash and Cilan.
Serena - Much better compared to Iris. Her personality is a bit dull to me, but she has good character development. If she had remained the same as she was from the very start she honestly might be least favorite. I just don't think she had good chemistry with either Ash or Clemont. Her friendship with Bonnie was quite adorable though.
May - Probably equal to Serena in how much I like this character, but I think it might be influenced by me not remembering her as well. She got better as the series went on like Serena, and she at least had better chemistry with Ash, but I just don't remember her personality as fondly. I might need to rewatch some of the series though, it's been too long.
Bonnie - Adorable, and has some good character. She gets some development, though not as much as others, and she can be a tad annoying. But overall I like her character.
Lana - She can get a little boring, but I do like her personality and her determination with her training with Popplio/Primarina. Her admiration for Misty is adorable too, and her friendship with Mallow is awesome to see!
Mallow - She had some great character moments, from what I have seen so far, and I love her upbeat personality and mom character. Her friendship with Lana was cute, and I especially loved her and Lillie (definitely ship these two).
Misty - My childhood idol, I love Misty's stubbornness and passion. Her love for Pokemon is amazing, and her willingness to stand up for what's right is amazing (rewatched the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode recently, you can definitely see this there).
Lillie - A recent favorite character of mine, probably equal to Misty. I love her personality and her character development throughout the series was amazing. They clearly worked hard on it and it shows.
Dawn - I've just loved Dawn from the first time I watched DP. She knows what she wants, but she has that bit of self-doubt and is a really relatable character. I enjoyed watching her know what she wanted and then having to come back from failure and find her love for contests again. Truly inspirational.

My order, from least favorite to favorite (some might be equals) with an explanation.

Iris - Worst female traveling companion by far. Not only was she basically a rip-off of Misty, but she was a bad one. She was just so annoying. The only thing I liked about her is sometimes she had good friendship chemistry with Ash and Cilan.
Serena - Much better compared to Iris. Her personality is a bit dull to me, but she has good character development. If she had remained the same as she was from the very start she honestly might be least favorite. I just don't think she had good chemistry with either Ash or Clemont. Her friendship with Bonnie was quite adorable though.
May - Probably equal to Serena in how much I like this character, but I think it might be influenced by me not remembering her as well. She got better as the series went on like Serena, and she at least had better chemistry with Ash, but I just don't remember her personality as fondly. I might need to rewatch some of the series though, it's been too long.
Bonnie - Adorable, and has some good character. She gets some development, though not as much as others, and she can be a tad annoying. But overall I like her character.
Lana - She can get a little boring, but I do like her personality and her determination with her training with Popplio/Primarina. Her admiration for Misty is adorable too, and her friendship with Mallow is awesome to see!
Mallow - She had some great character moments, from what I have seen so far, and I love her upbeat personality and mom character. Her friendship with Lana was cute, and I especially loved her and Lillie (definitely ship these two).
Misty - My childhood idol, I love Misty's stubbornness and passion. Her love for Pokemon is amazing, and her willingness to stand up for what's right is amazing (rewatched the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode recently, you can definitely see this there).
Lillie - A recent favorite character of mine, probably equal to Misty. I love her personality and her character development throughout the series was amazing. They clearly worked hard on it and it shows.
Dawn - I've just loved Dawn from the first time I watched DP. She knows what she wants, but she has that bit of self-doubt and is a really relatable character. I enjoyed watching her know what she wanted and then having to come back from failure and find her love for contests again. Truly inspirational.
Dawn is my idol because of her character which is always energetic, headstrong and cheerful and she tells us not to worry and she will always be by your side.
Dawn for life ❤️

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom