• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Music Mafia - ENDGAME - Mafia Victory [9/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feralize

Reaction score
In an age long past, humans, now extinct, organized sounds into arrangements known as “songs” that often were a mixture of human voices and ancient musical instruments. Now, in an eon far into the future, there is only a realm where time has ceased to exist and only sound in the form of songs remain. This game will act as your portal to that far-off realm.

Recently, a strange force has been causing the songs to behave unnaturally. They have taken on intelligent and lifelike attributes...ones that have made them fight, and even worse, kill. Bystanders have taken sides, and before long, this will develop into a war that can only be known as...

Music Mafia
Hosted by @Feralize;

Game Mechanics:
With your sign-up, you will PM me the name of a song. Think of a song that would make a good/interesting/creative role, because the songs WILL influence the roles seen in this game. Songs will be matched up to roles based upon lyrics, meaning, or sound (at my discretion). Songs from movies/TV/games are fine if the artist, and context the song was used in are provided. If you cannot pick a song, I will pick one for you. Once all songs have been received, I will take 1-2 days to finalize the roles in the game and send out role PM’s. No player will receive the song they chose as a role. When a role dies, players will be told who chose the song.

Rules: (Paraphrased from Mintaka's)
1. As the host, I will take any actions necessary to run the game, including editing, adding, or deleting rules, and removing those from the game that break the rules.

2. Penalties for:
★SHARING OR FAKING ROLE PM’S: Screenshots, copy/pasting, quoting, and any other means of revelation are prohibited. Roleclaiming must be done in your own words. Breaking this rule earns you a modkill, no exceptions.
★POOR SPORTSMANSHIP: Rudeness, flaming, baiting, name-calling, and other forms of poor sportsmanship are unwelcome. This is just a game.
★POSTHUMOUS ACTIVITY: One post upon death is fine; it may not be informative or name players. Liking posts after death is prohibited.
★NAMECLAIMING OR HINTING: There is to be no sharing of the name of the song you contributed, what song you are playing as, or any hints to either. This means no lyrics, no artist names, no genres, no describing the songs in any way. Nothing. Claiming role power/ability is fine, however. If you have any questions about what is okay to claim, ask.

3. ACTIVITY: If you plan to be inactive or just lurk, do not sign up. After 3 phases without activity, you will be mentioned. If you continue to be inactive or not contribute anything to the game, you may be subbed with no further warnings. If something comes up during the game, contact me privately. I am willing to work with you if unforeseen circumstances arise.

4. PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS: Private Messages, QuickTopic, Skype, and any other outside forms of communication are permitted, provided I receive a copy of/link to them. For Private Messages, add my name (Feralize) to the recipients field. My Skype name is fadeawaywolf.

5. NAME CHANGES: Please announce them in-thread to avoid confusion.

6. VOTING: The format for votes is Vote: player or Unvote: player. Votes that are not in that format (or close enough) will not be counted. Voting “No Lynch” is a valid option. Voting the host, subs, or players that are not in the game are not valid options. A tie between two players results in a random lynch between the two; a tie between no lynch and a lynch results in a lynch.

7. UPDATES: Will be done around 10pm (22:00) Eastern Time nightly. Votes close at this time, no exceptions. Targets for role actions will be finalized at this time and results (if applicable) will be distributed. If for any reason I cannot update on time, I will do my best to notify you ahead of time. I may choose to extend a phase by 24 hours if I cannot update within a reasonable amount of time. Unless stated otherwise, roles take effect at the end of the phase and thus, targets may be changed before then.

8. QUESTIONS: Please direct any questions/concerns to me; I’d be happy to help. Depending on the situation, asking privately may be more appropriate. I may choose not to answer questions that would unfairly influence the game (for example, asking me who is mafia) unless you have a role that allows you to do so.

9. FRIENDSHIP: Leave it at the door. Play to your win condition. If I judge that you are breaking either of these rules, action will be taken. To prove that you agree to follow all stated rules, please brighten my day by including a smiley face/emoticon of some sort in your PM to me.

Players:
1. @TheMissingno.; @Central African Republic*; KILLED NIGHT 4 - "Angel With A Shotgun" by The Cab
2. @Dark Blueberry; WON THE GAME - "One More Night" by Maroon 5
3. @Ryuutakeshi; LYNCHED DAY 3 - "Piano Man" by Billy Joel
4. @Feliciano; WON THE GAME - "I'm Alive" from the play Next to Normal
5. @Hitomi; LYNCHED DAY 1 - "Hypnotize" by System of a Down
6. @Mintaka; WON THE GAME - "Sleeping Sun" by Nightwish
7. @Hawkeye; KILLED IN ENDGAME - "Gonna Be Here" by Benjamin Franklin, from the game Trauma Team
8. @Neon Borealis; KILLED IN ENDGAME - "Renegade" by Styx
9. @Mr. Fahrenheit; KILLED NIGHT 2 - "45" by Shinedown
10. @Atomic; LYNCHED DAY 4 - "Brothers" from Fullmetal Alchemist
11. @Paperhorse; WON THE GAME - "Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes
12. @Phoenicks; KILLED NIGHT 4 - "Gold" by Spandau Ballet
13. @Karamazov; LYNCHED DAY 2 - "You Will Know Our Names" from Xenoblade
14. @mwto; KILLED NIGHT 3 - "Time After Time" by Quietdrive
15. [S @DrumBeats;[/S] KILLED NIGHT 4 - "Outside My Window" by Sarah Buxton
16. @Exor; KILLED NIGHT 1 - "16 Melodies" from Mother 3

Subs:

1. @Rizzak;
2. @Tris79;

All players that reserved will have 24 hours to confirm their spots. If a player does not confirm, their spot will be up for grabs.​

Last edited:
Re: Music Mafia - Sign-ups! [9/3]

In, please.

I would like to switch from a sub to a player please!

Confirming my spot - also, America* is now Atomic.

Okay fine in, but this is probably a bad idea, being in this many mafias at once. >.>

Confirming my spot!

Re: Music Mafia - Subs still needed! [9/3]

@everyone:
Please read the rules and the gameplay mechanics before sending your PM.

Confirming my spot.

Woot, It's finally here.

Confirming my spot.

Preparing PM

Choosing just one song is tough.

Last edited:

Confirming spot, narrowing down my song.

Confirming spot, song incoming.

Cleans sweat from head.

Whew. That was a though choice. I had 9 runner ups. But it's done.

I'll volunteer to be a substitute. Have played Mafia on a few other forums, interested to see how intense it gets over here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom