• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Needles.

Are you afraid of needles?

• Total voters
Yep still deathly afraid and I'm almost 19. Lol I asked for a lolly last time I was forced to get my flu jab and I got one. I'm pretty sure I've given nurses hell over the years :p
Heck! I'm so afraid of needles, I'm too scared and always have been too scared to go get my ears pierced.
Yeah when I was 4 I remember running around the place screaming my head off to avoid a blood test. The poster on the wall at the time scared me too, it was of a kid in an armchair smiling at a doctor as it was about to get jabbed.

Last edited:
Yep still deathly afraid and I'm almost 19. Lol I asked for a lolly last time I was forced to get my flu jab and I got one. I'm pretty sure I've given nurses hell over the years :p
Heck! I'm so afraid of needles, I'm too scared and always have been too scared to go get my ears pierced.
Yeah when I was 4 I remember running around the place screaming my head off to avoid a blood test. The poster on the wall at the time scared me too, it was of a kid in an armchair smiling at a doctor as it was about to get jabbed.

You're like my twin... from New Zealand.
When I was in 9th grade I had to get shots, I cried. It was... not my greatest moment. And I've avoided shots and needles successfully since then.

I actually like needles. I don't do drugs or anything, I just have some weird feti... I have said to much. It is now time for me to go.

^Lol creepy!

You're like my twin... from New Zealand.
When I was in 9th grade I had to get shots, I cried. It was... not my greatest moment. And I've avoided shots and needles successfully since then.

Hah I cried and screamed and before going into the doctors when I was 15, so that's bad, lol. I didn't succeed when I stubbornly resisted going in the actual building, though.

Wow I'm glad someone else thinks the same way I do about needles!

Here I am all alone. It's lonely at the bottom.

I'm sure there's someone out there for you. And when you find them, you two can happily find the median cubital vein together and play... "doctor" ;)

Or nurse, they do that kind of stuff more.

I'm sure there's someone out there for you. And when you find them, you two can happily find the median cubital vein together and play... "doctor" ;)

Or nurse, they do that kind of stuff more.

My heart just skipped a beat...

I might need professional help

My heart just skipped a beat...

I might need professional help

Quick, before you end up like this:
piercings.jpg

TO STAY ON TOPIC.
How can people stand the sensation of something jabbing into their skin like that? I just gives me the heebie-jeebies...
It's not that it hurts or anything (mostly), it's that it feels so creepy and it freaks me out!
Also, I can't get a tattoo either... not that the needles are piercing for that, but still... nyehh.

^Eyes are scarred lol.

Hmm I thought I saw another user earlier on who says they enjoy needles

Yeah I hate the bit where they inject the stuff in and it feels like it's touching the bone :s

Quick, before you end up like this:
piercings.jpg

TO STAY ON TOPIC.
How can people stand the sensation of something jabbing into their skin like that? I just gives me the heebie-jeebies...
It's not that it hurts or anything (mostly), it's that it feels so creepy and it freaks me out!
Also, I can't get a tattoo either... not that the needles are piercing for that, but still... nyehh.

OK, that's not attractive at all. Yuck. How can I stand the feeling? Well that's just it... I may or may not have a pain fetish, so that may or may not be why I FUCK I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ELSE

I'm gonna get a flu shot soon, and I'll most likely get the nose spray one, so it's not all that bad. Except when I got my H1N1 shot, it was pretty painful for a couple seconds.

I remember my 11-year shots. I was sitting on the examintation bed, the sleeves of my t-shirt pulled up, and 2 nurses surronding me, sticking 1 needle at a time in my arm, cooing "1... 2...3!!!!!!" (They do that, even though I'm flippin' ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!), and holding onto my arm. Except at least my dad got me a white hot chocolate at Starbucks on the way home ;-)

Nope iv never been scared of needles besides for today

because when i was about to get a shot for this year the person who went befor me i saw that he fainted from it and damn thats pritty scary right befor your about to get on but it did not hurt at all =)

Meh not a problem. I obviously dislike the pain, but it's short and it eventually helps you in the future. However, I did elect to get a nasal mist version of the yearly flu vaccination instead of a shot this year.

Not scared of 'em. Barely any pain to be worth crying over.

One person cries every friggin' time a needle comes near her. And I just can't help but think, '...Get over yourself.'

A friend of mine goes into this... er... 'state' whenever she is injected. Sometimes I wonder why she gets injections at all...

I don't mind needles, and, from a personal standpoint, don't understand how someone can be. This does NOT mean that I hate you for fearing them, because it's perfectly fine. Everyone thinks differently.

When I was little. Now I'm just like, "oh, cool, shots." I might tear up, cause it pinches a little, but I'm fine.

But that's just with small needles. BIG needles are a different story.

I don't like them very much. I'm fine after the fact but before getting one, I freak out.

Especially tonight when my dad gave me a flu shot. He really stabs it into your arm, and is all "lol I hope I don't hit your bone!" D8

Back
Top Bottom