• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New 3DS means lack of lag?

I dunno if its feasible. On one hand, they could theoretically utilize the extra ram for games that need it, on the other hand the power boost could be potentially useless, as all non-New3DS games could be running on a memory cap.

I get lag, usually when I face more than one opponent. If I face five Pokemon, I can't even turn on the 3D; it seems the developers understood the game is not playable with 3D and so many monsters in the field at the same time.

Lag is going to happen no matter what. It might get improved to some point, but maybe not as perfect. I don't care for 3D and playing without 3D never really lagged anyways.

This may just be me, but XY are the only games that give me lagging issues with the 3D on... or off. With my other 3D games, the graphics run smoothly unless the action gets very thick (and the 3D has to be on), while simply turning on the 3D during a normal wild encounter causes enough lag to shut it off. Perhaps the flaw is in the games, not the system; the 3D in XY isn't even that good compared to those other games.

Now that you mention it I have had that same problem. Even LOZ OOT has no lag in full 3D.
So I too hope it will be less laggy as it gets really annoying when your FPS drops to a weird level. But then like you've said it could be XY themselves.

I also hope that the new 3DS' internet connection won't be as crap. My internet is perfectly fine, only my 3DS hates it sometimes (usually in a battle... or transporting Pokemon from Pokebank) and maybe a new downloading speed?

EDIT: When battling with my friend who has a 2DS today I noticed his wasn't as laggy as my 3DS and was actually faster when we were battling. So I guess it must be the 3DS' fault in being laggy.

If I view some Pokes like Mega Charizard X (and I believe Moltres too) in the Pokédex, the FPS pretty much halves, even with the 3D off. There are several other games I can think of that look amazing and have perfect 3D, for example the Resident Evil ones, the Zelda titles, and Super Mario 3D Land.

Honestly, it looks like GF did a bad job coding XY.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom