• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Ending in DP51 (new version to Dawn's theme)

They'll probably show pics of Dawn and her Pokemon, but I don't think they'll show the Dawn and her Pokemon in Santa hats, maybe they do, maybe they don't. I have to see it to know

I usually watch the openings, but I tend to skip over the endings unless I'm in the mood for them or unless we get a new one. That said...I hope they don't pull a Glory Day on us and have Dawn's theme be used far longer than an ending really should. Partially because hearing the same ending for ages get slightly annoying, partially because the people who start complaining about the same ending being used for ages are very annoying(they're not that bad at first, but they get MUCH worse as the ending is used for more and more eps).

I wonder how they'll make Dawn's theme wintery. The only thing I can think of is making it slower and calmer, but who knows what they'll throw at us. I wonder how many times they can remix this until they run out of ways to change it? :p

I always watch the openings and endings of everything I watch, even if they're awful. o.o

Anyways, Kimi no Soba de. I don't watch the raws anymore, but I'd imaginaed it must be kinda annoying by now. At least the visuals will probably be nice, like said before. ^^ But please, let's get a new ending (and maybe a new opening?) after this mix runs it course.

That said...I hope they don't pull a Glory Day on us and have Dawn's theme be used far longer than an ending really should.

Well, at least Dawn's theme promotes the character, Glory Day sucked because it really wasn't anything special after awhile. I don't mind it staying since the animation is nice (although it needs more outfit swaps), but I like the theme without the lyrics better.

I see Dawn's theme as a reminder of how much better the roles for female characters have become since the start of the show. With each female character playing a bigger role in the show than the last, maybe the next one during the 5th gen will be completely 50/50 with Ash, since unfortunately Contests will never be as important as Gyms and that's why Dawn suffers a bit compared to Ash.

maybe the next one during the 5th gen will be completely 50/50 with Ash, since unfortunately Contests will never be as important as Gyms and that's why Dawn suffers a bit compared to Ash.

Ash/Dawn ARE 50/50
Even for the movie they were so
Maybe Ash still get only very little more but that it
While the gym leaders get more episodes than the usual the actual gym battles are still one or two episodes (Ash battled Roark on 2 episodes and not 4 and Gardenia's real gym battle in 1 not 4) and the contests got: Jubilife 2, Floaroma 2, Hearthome 1 (probably because she lost the performande they are likely to return to this contest) and we even got the unofficial contest and other contest related episodes like DP41
So gyms don't really take up too much compared to contests... and Ash and Dawn are clearly shown us equals

I like the music...

And I still love Hikari's theme...

At least it still beats having the SAME song for the opening AND ending every fifty-two episodes...wait...well, Battle Frontier didn't do this, but that ending rap song sucked bad enough they should have...

Last edited:
Ew.

What, suddenly they don't have enough money to pay people to make new ending themes? Did they give the writers a pay raise to make them write better and didn't leave enough for the music budget?

I never liked Kimi no Soba de.

baaah.

They need a new OP more than a new ED though, the ED has enough versions so that I don't get sick of it quite as easily.

anywho, what I want is....an OP that I don't get sick of after listening to it three or four times (gaaaaaah, that song is horrible and that voice just grates on my ears for some reason.)

I never liked Kimi no Soba de.
Same here. Not to say I actually dislike it, but I just don't care about it (at least it's not as bad as the opening...).

Since I skip it anyway, a new version probably won't matter to me. If it does somehow turn out pretty enough (which is why I always listened to "Glory Day" and never minded how long it went on for), I'll probably listen to it.

Well, does anyone actually watch the openings/endings each time you watch a new episode?
I used to watch/listen to them each time; however, it depended on if I liked the song, of course. Always skipped Whiteberry's version of "Mezase Pokemon Master," "Pokemon Symphonic Medley" and the opening and ending of DP episodes.

Last edited:
Oh no, not Yeah!
I'm gonna Step!
All over her face and Jump!
All over the writers, that force her down our throats, I hope we get a new opening soon,
If I hear Hikari's Theme one more time,
I'm gonna Pop!

So gyms don't really take up too much compared to contests... and Ash and Dawn are clearly shown us equals

It also depends on the length of the Grand Festival this time. So far, both GF's in the show were only 3 episodes long while Ash's Hoenn league went on for 7 episodes. If Dawn's GF is only 3 eps but the Sinnoh league is much longer, then well, Ash still gets more spotlight. We'll have to see how they do it toward the end.

They could also do a whole mini-arc that focuses on Dawn while Ash gets barely shown, but I don't see that happening. And if Ash does challenge the Elite 4 at the end of the saga, Dawn is going to be left with nothing to do but sitting on the sidelines and watching.

I have to admit, the second version of KEEMY NOSE SOBER DAY had some rather neat scenes, which makes me hope we get some nice group scenes in this one.

LOL. Just as I started reading this topic, the song in question started playing on my realplayer. scary.

I'd preffer it if we got a new opening and ending now, instead of another remix. I love Hikari's theme, but even a great song shouldn't be used forever.

Well, does anyone actually watch the openings/endings each time you watch a new episode? I usually skip them and go straight to the episode.

I don't need to watch them every time and I'm sure others skip them as well. I've been doing this since back in AG.

aside from the fact that, ever since first getting into anime, I've always appreciated the fact that anime themes are usually more melodic (be it in a good or bad way) than the theme songs to several American shows, my files have had a history of being corrupted somewhere, so a thorough search through the whole video shortly after downloading it would be in order to ensure it doesn't freeze at any particular scene or something. That said, I do watch every opening and ending, thank you very much.

Now all we need is a new Opening. Although, Toghether hasn't even gotten past like 1/3rd of how long Advanced Adventure lasted. Or Mezaze Pokemon Master.

actually, it's well past the halfway point by now, for both Advanced Adventure (70 episodes) and Mezase Pokemon Master (eighty-something episodes).

I hope they don't pull a Glory Day on us and have Dawn's theme be used far longer than an ending really should. Partially because hearing the same ending for ages get slightly annoying

depends on the song, really. Some songs I neeeeeeever got tired of, even after listening to them a trillion times (I've loved Digimon Tamers's One Vision for years, now ^^). However, Kimi no Soba de, as well as Glory Day, while they do seem like decent, even catchy songs at first, I can't say they're the type meant to be heard too many times (at least for me), which is why watching every episode of the Battle Frontier saga and still seeing Glory Day hasn't changed each week aggravated me so much (if that had been Smile in its place, I probably would've thought differently, though... see, I always enjoyed Smile more than Glory Day, even when the latter was brand new).

With each female character playing a bigger role in the show than the last, maybe the next one during the 5th gen will be completely 50/50 with Ash, since unfortunately Contests will never be as important as Gyms and that's why Dawn suffers a bit compared to Ash.

you just know it's not gonna happen, because the 5th gen girl's only gonna end up leaving as well, while Satoshi seems completely safe, thus the writers may have a good idea on who should be emphasized overall.

What, suddenly they don't have enough money to pay people to make new ending themes? Did they give the writers a pay raise to make them write better and didn't leave enough for the music budget?

I noticed this lack of original songs lately myself, actually. First it was Pokemon Kazoe Uta, which seemed like a shoddy rehash of Pokemon Ondo. Then they bring back Glory Day, now we've got Kimi no Soba de getting rehashed, with the only thing changing the pace the whole time being "Watashi, Makenai!"

It also depends on the length of the Grand Festival this time. So far, both GF's in the show were only 3 episodes long while Ash's Hoenn league went on for 7 episodes.

In Hoenn the League was 6 episodes - if I'm not wrong the other that you count is the "before the league" episode and if you count that you should also count the "before the GF" one with the Ribbon Cup too...

So in Hoenn we got 8 gyms and 8 contests (5 wins + 2 loses + 1 that May didn't participated and they HAD to do it to make May decide to be a coordinator)
The Grand Festival was 3 episodes - half from the League that was 6
In BF we got the 6 regular battle facilities and 6 contests (5 wins + 1 lose) and as a conclusion we got the 3 episodes Grand Festival and the 4 episodes Battle Pyramid... not that huge difference...

If Dawn's GF is only 3 eps but the Sinnoh league is much longer, then well, Ash still gets more spotlight. We'll have to see how they do it toward the end.

I'm sure Dawn's GF will be more than 3
She is handled MUCH better than May and they made sure the fans know that they are the two equal heroes (they even bothered to change that almost 10 years old text from the opening to make it that it isn't "Ash" anymore but "Ash and Dawn")

And if Ash does challenge the Elite 4 at the end of the saga, Dawn is going to be left with nothing to do but sitting on the sidelines and watching.

I think if he'll challenge the Elite 4 they'll do that like the frontier brains so each E4 will be somewhere in Sinnoh and only after he'll beat those 4 he'll battle Cynthia like Brandon
At that time like someone else speculated they can have Dawn get 5 more ribbons to enter the Ribbon Society or whatever that is and possibly also participate again in the same GF to get a better result
And even if the E4 will be a tournament they'll probably get no more than 2 episodes each except Cynthia so we'll be done with that in about 12 episodes or so

you just know it's not gonna happen, because the 5th gen girl's only gonna end up leaving as well, while Satoshi seems completely safe, thus the writers may have a good idea on who should be emphasized overall.

It doesn't matter even if Ash will stay and the heroines will keep changing - they are still equal heroes
Thats also probably the reason why they start the show as a new one everytime we get a change with the heroes
Not to mention it IS possible Ash will eventually leave and just like how May got "replaced" with a new heroine that do contests we'll get a new hero to do gyms (they can make a conclusion for him if he'll win the Sinnoh league and beat the E4 and Cynthia)

But we got off topic so maybe we shouldn't continue this discussion...
I actually don't care too much about the current ending staying with a new version but I do hope they won't make another version and that the next will be a real new ending

Considering its mostly centered around Dawn I doubt we'll get too much Ash than the current Dawn theme has. In fact, Ash hasn't been featured heavily in the endings since a very long time. Before Dawn's theme we had May's theme for the tail-end of AG, so Ash hasn't been showcased in the ending prominently in over 80-90 episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom