• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New evolution among the main cast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most likely to evolve is aipom. I also want her to evolve because now that she is with Dawn I want her personality to change as they often do upon evolution...

That was just a regular rock Takeshi shaped to look like an Oval Stone since Pinpuku in general like carrying a stone around.

This IS an oval stone
Oval stone isn't anything special but simply... an oval stone... and that's what Brock gave Happiny
I think a better explanation for why Happiny evolve is that it's NOT because a useless oval stone cause the evolution but because the Happiny is really happy to have it

I think Aipom Vs. Breloom strongly implies Aipom is the one to evolve. Breloom is super effective against it.

A weakness Ambipom shares, though. Could be a Hope Spot... Aipom is being beaten, Aipom evolves... and Breloom uses Close Combat or whatever, KO'ing the new Ambipom instantly.

A weakness Ambipom shares, though. Could be a Hope Spot... Aipom is being beaten, Aipom evolves... and Breloom uses Close Combat or whatever, KO'ing the new Ambipom instantly.

Or assuming Chimchar evolves and Ash fights Kenny before the contest like last time(it's possible due to Kenny's little jealousy thing on Ash, plus it would allow him to "rub" Breloom in Dawn's face since we know he likes doing that too), the possible monferno could exploit a weakness in breloom that Dawn could take advantage of and win in the actual contest.

Either monkey could evolve, heck both could.

When Breloom make an appearance , it was a Torchic that evolve into a Combusken which is a part Fighting type , maybe this time round its the same for Chimchar.

In the Contest, but it doesn't say who Kenny is battling at the Ruins.

If Breloom does cause both their Pokemon to evolve, I'm now going to consider Breloom the "evo machine" considering everytime its battled a main characters pokemon...they evolved.

Still, I think its slightly more likely for only one of them to evolve than both.

Still, I think its slightly more likely for only one of them to evolve than both.

Despite EXACTLY before a year we also had a two episodes special that both contained evolutions?
I'm already convinced both will evolve
DP60 like DP13 will probably have Ash's Chimchar evolve possibly by battle against Kenny's Breloom because if Chimchar does evolve this can't be coincidence Breloom is here and Dawn's Aipom learn Double Hit (like 13 had Ash's Starly evolve and Brock's Bonsly learn Mimic)
DP61 like DP14 will probably have Dawn's Aipom evolve during the contest because it learned Double Hit the previous episode (like 14 had Brock's Bonsly evolve thanks to learning Mimic the previous episode)

Also Starly evolved more or less 10 epsidoes since Ash caught it
And Bonsly was a Pokémon from AG
So this is another similarity - if Chimchar does evolve so it evolved fast like Starly and if Aipom evolve too than it's again a Pokémon that's here since AG

If both evolve than Breloom really is hinting a fire starter will evolve to fire/fighting and a coordinator's Pokémon will evolve too XD
Maybe Aipom will look interested at Chimchar's evolution like Bonsly did with Starly

And can someone give the link for that plush site? we should check it every day now... it confirmed Starly/Bonsly's evolution (that was also shown in the preview so maybe we'll find out in tomorrow's episode preview?)

Despite EXACTLY before a year we also had a two episodes special that both contained evolutions?

Despite that not happening two years ago.

Piplup, aren't you the one who normally says that these "traditions" are fan invented rules, and that just because something has happened once we shouldn't expect it to happen again? I'm curious why you suddenly support this "fan made rule" when you deride all of the others.

Despite that not happening two years ago.

Piplup, aren't you the one who normally says that these "traditions" are fan invented rules, and that just because something has happened once we shouldn't expect it to happen again? I'm curious why you suddenly support this "fan made rule" when you deride all of the others.

I didn't say we have a tradition
But an evolution in this special IS confirmed - just not if both evolve or just one
I'm not trying to say every year in that date we'll get a special with evolution but I can't see that as a coincidence

Anyway I just said how believeable it can be that both will evolve since that already did happen and with a very similar case (Ash's evolve fast, Brock's AG one learn a new attack than evolve the next episode)

The year before the last year didn't have any evo's, but it had Eevee hatching so I suppose that counts as a new addition.

I kind of like the idea of a new Pokemon (evo or otherwise) being added to the group at the end of each year. It keeps things interesting.

Last year had Sudowoodo and Mukkubird.

The year before that had Eevee (and Bonsly one episode prior)

The year before that was Snorunt

The year before that was nothing

The year before that was Cacnea

The year before that was Phanpy

And the first last-year episode was nothing.

The preview for next week's one-hour special pretty much confirmed that Aipom is the one evolving.

As such, it'll probably be OK to move all speculation about the evolution to that episode's preview thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom