• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

Well, I disagree, but that's a discussion for another place and time.

I really was hoping someone would have a better comparison then the traditional Remoraid one, so I'm going to use Dragonair and Dragonite.

210px-148Dragonair.png
190px-149Dragonite.png

If those two can be related, so can luvdisc and angelfish.

I agree they don't look that much alike. But they still resemble each other more than some evolutions.

Rhydon > Rhyperior is a good (and sad) expample. But there are more.

140px-223Remoraid.png
200px-224Octillery.png

This is the first one I thought of. Now, if a fish can evolve into an octopus, then Mamanbou could definitely be Luvdisc's evo. I'm not saying it's 100% possible, but chances are high IMO.

Remoraid and Octillery are both based off of Cannons or Guns so that kind of makes sense. Despite one being an Octopus and one being some other kind of fish, but when I look at Mamanbou it's body shape looks kind of weird it doesn't look much like Luvdisc. But I wouldn't be surprised if its an evolution plus Mamanbou looks like its Shaped more like an ocean sunfish not a heart.

Remoraid and Octillery are both based off of Cannons or Guns so that kind of makes sense. Despite one being an Octopus and one being some other kind of fish, but when I look at Mamanbou it's body shape looks kind of weird it doesn't look much like Luvdisc. But I wouldn't be surprised if its an evolution plus Mamanbou looks like its Shaped more like an ocean sunfish not a heart.

I know what Remoraid and Octilerry are based off, and when you think about it, it does make a lot more sense than it seems at first. It's just that Mamanbou resembles Luvdisc more than Octillery resembles Remoraid. Visually, that is.

Although I do agree Mamanbou isn't quite as heart shaped as Luvdisc.

I know what Remoraid and Octilerry are based off, and when you think about it, it does make a lot more sense than it seems at first. It's just that Mamanbou resembles Luvdisc more than Octillery resembles Remoraid. Visually, that is.

Although I do agree Mamanbou isn't quite as heart shaped as Luvdisc.

And Mamanbou has no beak.

images

Mamanbou

Luvdisc
250px-Blue_Discus.jpg

Now that I look at the species they're based off of even they don't look to similar because well obviously they're to different breeds of fish. But I'm still not doubting Mamanbou is Luvdisc's evolution I mean pokemon mature and grow when they evolve. Come to think of it Mamanbou is just a bigger more mature prettier Luvdisc(I know that's pretty obvious I'm pretty tired right now.)

Well the Luvdisc is this 'love symbol'-shaped discus, while the Mamanbou seems to me to be based on a sunfish and a loving embrace of a uhhhh RUBBERGLOVESWTF now that I think of it this is rather creepy :s

I think the self groping is supposed to make it look like someone is holding a heart. Sort of makes sense considering it's general concept.

Last edited:

Eew. This looks kind of creepy, harmless, but I'm sure I'd wet my wetsuit if I saw it coming towards me.

While it is great to have powerful pokemon and all, I don't really fight competitively. All my pokemon are on my team because either I need to use an HM or because I really like their look/typing.
I think that no matter if Mamanbou is the evolution of Luvdisc or not...I never really cared for Luvdisc. Unless Mamanbou evolves into something great or interesting, I think I will feel the same for Mamanbou as I did for Luvdisc.

Mamanbou looks like a cracked heart, and two hands keeping the pieces together.

You made me puke in my mouth a bit. D:

I wouldn't care if Mamanbou is Luvdisc's evolution or not. Luvdisc never matter much to me, and it will happen again with Mamanbou. :p

I wouldn't care if Mamanbou is Luvdisc's evolution or not. Luvdisc never matter much to me, and it will happen again with Mamanbou. :p

...I kind of wish there was a "Like" button for this like on Facebook. :lol:

Someone said that Mamanbou seemed like it was based on how people get cosmetic surgeries to make themselves more beautiful. Mamanbou is an evolution (if it is) that is more mature, "beautiful," and proud than Luvdisc.

Sorry, that wasn't worded like I hoped it would have been...

Who knows? It might have a distinctive catch to it.

I'm naming my Mamanbou Gropie if I can.(Just kidding)

Moguryuu_by_Xous54.png

I wonder how Moguryu's stats will be it looks like it's best stats will be Attack and maybe Defense? Since Doryuuzu looks like it will be Ground/Steel but if it's maybe like Ground/Dark I could see it's defense stats being pretty low. It's lowest stat looks like it maybe Speed or Special Defense though.

Wargle_by_Xous54.png

Wargle definetly looks like a monster Physical Attacker so it's attack will probably be it's best stat and its speed. It's lowest probably Special Defense I don't really thing any flying type has decent special defense besides maybe Ho-Oh or Lugia.

Musharna_by_Xous54.png

Musharna looks like a support pokemon if anything it doesn't look like it has the best Attack or Defense. It looks more like a supporter like Clefable ect... the Dream Smoke thing makes it seem like a Gimmick pokemon too so it might not have the best stats. Probably around 450.

I'll do the rest of the Isshu pokemon later I just wanted to do those one's first since I'm warming up to them quite a bit.

Photos from Xous54 on Deviantart.

Back
Top Bottom