• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I would be on board with this idea. I like it a lot and I've thought about it in the past.

And not only would those fossil Pokémon lose the sometimes annoying Rock Type, but it would also be a good opportunity and show their true, prehistoric forms. (y)

Last edited:
think rather what animal species are predators or prey for our starters?
two jungle creatures, africa and one on two continents and a european rabbit.

What new animals will be in relation to them?
A bug/dragon could be a good prey for soobles final stage.

Our monkey will get lions and others to play with... where the rabbit will need to fight with the ground and rock element more.

Interesting that past generation introduce a owl, tiger and seal, where one from only asia and two also found in europe.
Mermaid, seal and "selkie" are european.

Gen 6 introduce typical european animals, where gen 5 experimented with Africa and other continents, now it seems we are getting a mix every next generation more.

Interesting that could be a hint for next gen starters
grass wolf, fire sheep and water elephant
Interesting if we ever get all mammal starters?

I recently saw a funny fanart comic regarding Sword/Shield, complete with a fakemon, and I absolutely loved the idea. It was a cross between a porcupine and a bagpipe, appropriately named "Porcupipe". Now I really want a Mon like that, as it would fit so perfectly with the setting, along with the name completely matching GF's fun with puns. One of the "attacks" it used in the comic was Sing (in this case, making obnoxious bagpipe music, though, for the record, I like bagpipe music... accordions, on the other hand, can die a fiery, awful death). But, either way, I would LOVE a Mon that would be a mix between a bagpipe and an animal, or GF at least using the name itself in something. Just thought I'd share that little idea I saw.

I recently saw a funny fanart comic regarding Sword/Shield, complete with a fakemon, and I absolutely loved the idea. It was a cross between a porcupine and a bagpipe, appropriately named "Porcupipe". Now I really want a Mon like that, as it would fit so perfectly with the setting, along with the name completely matching GF's fun with puns. One of the "attacks" it used in the comic was Sing (in this case, making obnoxious bagpipe music, though, for the record, I like bagpipe music... accordions, on the other hand, can die a fiery, awful death). But, either way, I would LOVE a Mon that would be a mix between a bagpipe and an animal, or GF at least using the name itself in something. Just thought I'd share that little idea I saw.

I saw that comic too!
It looked genuinely Pokemon-y, unlike some other ideas. I’d certainly not be opposed to such a Pokemon.

We need an electric type rodent, a fire type fox, a fire/fighting starter evolution, some dragon legendaries, a forced legendary, an eeveelution, an r34 bait, a flying type bird, a normal type rodent, a caterpillar, a bat, 2 dead rock types, 3 unobtainable Pokémon, a dog, a cat and a grass reptile starter

When have starters ever had predators or prey
Hmm. Gen 1 salamander(charmander) and toad(venusaur). Gen 3 rooster and lizard. Gen 5. Snake and boar. Gen 6 fox and rodent. Gen 7 owl and tiger. Notice that Incineroar is a tiger. What animals are psychic , bug, grass, ice?

Ok so I was watching a movie last night and thought... Zombie Pokemon?

So a 1 stage Pokemon, both forms Dark/Ground. The basic form make it look like old 80s jrpg game art for zombies, almost cute. The evolved form should really lean into the "Dark type are Evil type in Japan". Make him mean looking.

The only ability that makes sense to me would be Magic Guard as zombies don't give a damn about indirect damge and only stop when you kill/rekill them directly. Second ability could be Regenerater.

For stats somewhat bulky. Not bad attack power but not stellar.

EDIT
Had another thought on it. This boi would need an signature move. Call is something like Earth Tomb or something like that. Make it a Ground version of Scald, same power/account/pp but make it physical contacting move that instead of burning poisons the target 30% of the time.

Last edited:
I want a calf Pokemon that has a trio of evolutionary possibilities.

If the calf pokemon is Male it evolves into Tauros, if female it evolves into Miltank, and if either male or female of the calf pokemon meets a special condition it evolves into Bouffalant... and I think that the special condition should be a held item called "Fro".

Want to know what would be interesting for this generation? Having converging evolutionary lines as opposed to split evolutionary lines we previously experienced. The idea is that two different species of Pokémon with different movesets are capable of evolving into the same Pokémon, just with different abilities (and possibly movesets). As for breeding, that might be tricky, but I'm leaning towards the resulting egg being based on which Pokémon the mother evolved from (or father in the case of Ditto breeding). In order for that to work though, the shared evolved stage would be coded as different forms in terms of game mechanics without actually being a form (like the Rockruff that evolves into Dusk Lycanroc).

rocky fossils are the best! :<

But in all honesty, I'd like to see fossil pokemon that have different typings.
I think the fossils having the rock type is because the science for resurrection from fossil is imperfect technology and they are gaining the rock type due to this. It would make sense for why Archeops and Aurorus who really don't have outward signs of being "Rock-Like" have the rock type.

Spaceworld was a Japanese event that was similar to E3.
Honestly I'd love to see a return of some of the designs from Spaceworld showing up in SwSh... especially that cat with a bell pokemon, or the one you are using for an avatar.

Honestly I'd love to see a return of some of the designs from Spaceworld showing up in SwSh... especially that cat with a bell pokemon, or the one you are using for an avatar.
Sadly, Wolfman and Warwolf don't really have a chance since they were possibly retooled into the Swinub line.

Wish list:
a dog pokemon based upon the black hound of UK legends - probably a ghost or dark type
megas for the gen 4 starters
a frankenstein pokemon (I know silvally is technically this, but we could get more into the theme)
a fairy type looks like some manner of victoria sponge cake
british shorthair cat pokemon
bagpipes pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom