• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
You know, you raise a question I have been asking myself since the start: why didn't we get a pure-Flying Pokémon till Gen V? And why they always use the Normal/Flying combo? Doesn't help that the SpaceWorld demo revealed the Hoothoot line and Ho-oh were originally going to be pure Flying types, so something like that was planned since the start.

You know, you raise a question I have been asking myself since the start: why didn't we get a pure-Flying Pokémon till Gen V? And why they always use the Normal/Flying combo? Doesn't help that the SpaceWorld demo revealed the Hoothoot line and Ho-oh were originally going to be pure Flying types, so something like that was planned since the start.
Same reason why Ho-oh was put in episode 1 of the anime.

what reason is that?
Kinda like how Arceus and stuff were put in Gen 4.

A lot of people also thought that Gen 4 would have been the last gen.

I think I was in #bulbagarden in 2009 or so when someone was saying there likely isn't gonna be anything after Platinum.

Then after Black/White came out, I remember Serebii saying something like GF somehow managed to continue it.

If Gen 8 has a lot of pokemon I'll be acting as if it's the last gen. Though if it's real small of new pokemon, then won't think that as much.

Well, Gen II was supposed to be the last gen. It was thanks to the power of money and fans that the series continued. I don't think any game after that was supposed to be the end, specially with Gen VI, were they put a reference to a future region in the games.

Kinda like how Arceus and stuff were put in Gen 4.

A lot of people also thought that Gen 4 would have been the last gen.

I think I was in #bulbagarden in 2009 or so when someone was saying there likely isn't gonna be anything after Platinum.

Then after Black/White came out, I remember Serebii saying something like GF somehow managed to continue it.

If Gen 8 has a lot of pokemon I'll be acting as if it's the last gen. Though if it's real small of new pokemon, then won't think that as much.
I'm not sure what any of this has to do with ho oh being pure flying type

Part normal was and is immune to ghost but now after dark moves they should rather create more other flying types. Would be cool if ground/flying , ice/flying, steel/f, electric/f and rock/flying.

How about a 2 form (ie one evolution) Pokemon that is Dark/Ghost... a Zombie. Dark/Ghost isn't as invincible as it was since Fairy is a thing now, so why not. A gross/cute zombie Pokemon would be cool.

I think we're going to have around 90 more. Since I don't know much about Britain, I won't say what is or isn't needed. I'm a simple man, just gimme more Pokémon. I'd like ideally 125-140 new species.

All I want is Galar...ian? Forms to be happy. More variety of the Pokémon found. The Alolan Pokémon schtick was a great, yet underemployed concept.

Also, maybe a Nessie-type rare Pokémon.

I want a Velociraptor Pokémon.

Ideally, it would be Dragon/Electric type. But since Velociraptors are dinosaurs, Game Freak would probably make it a fossil Pokémon, and therefore part Rock type. In which case, the typing would be Dragon/Rock or Electric/Rock.

My reasoning for the Electric typing is that Velociraptors are super fast, and so a concept of a Velociraptor that produces sparks while running (because of the high speed), would be nice.

(don't quote this post, as I will continue to add things later. I am still thinking of concepts for my PokeVelociraptor idea)

Last edited:
I always thought we need an Electric/Rock velociraptor too! The concept I had was that it’s body has crystals, so it’s not ‘rocky’ in a traditional sense.
And these crystals refract light.

I always thought we need an Electric/Rock velociraptor too! The concept I had was that it’s body has crystals, so it’s not ‘rocky’ in a traditional sense.
And these crystals refract light.
Hey nice!

The crystals idea I approve.

I want out Electric Velociraptor to not be overdisigned like fellow Tyrantrum, but more simple, like Aerodactyl for example.

I like your idea. (y)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom