• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Damn...Sabrina and Lorelei are still looking beautiful as usual also Lance looks awesome also FINALLY Leaf/Green is officially acknowledged I'm so happy!

Does this mean she's canon again?

Her existence is such a big question mark. I guess if the game treats her, not as Red's counterpart, but as a different character altogether, it doesn't then necessarily conflict with the HGSS plot.

Or we could go with the alternate universe theory, but that's boring.

So, I'm curious what role Red, Blue and FUCKING GREEN (that's her new name, people. FUCKING GREEN. Get excited) play in the game. Evidently Chase/Trace/Elaine aren't just updated versions of Red/Blue/FUCKING GREEN, so what's the timeline for this? And how do the two sets of characters relate to each other?

This is definitely an alternate universe since Red isn't the one saving the day. His role has been assigned to new protagonists.

The big question is if Red, Blue or Green/Leaf will be the Champion. Could it depend on the version or some in-game criteria?
To me, it seemed like Green was in Cerulean Cave. Could she be a final boss?

Green isn't a confirmed name. We have no information yet, but the attire implies Green (Blue in Japanese).

It's possible that Red is the protagonist's brother, but there is no indication of that in their house. Blue and Green obviously live in another town/city, so Red is probably still Blue's neighbor and rival. I'm hoping that Red and Green/Leaf are twins.

The fact that Green/Leaf has access to Cerulean Cave implies that she entered the Hall of Fame. Maybe all three did.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to see what canon name they give to Leaf. I'm not even one of those people that desperately wanted her to be canonized, I'm just glad we'll get to see the name they give her.

This also makes me wonder... Will these games get an arc in Pokemon Adventures? Lol what would the characters' names even be XD

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to see what canon name they give to Leaf. I'm not even one of those people that desperately wanted her to be canonized, I'm just glad we'll get to see the name they give her.

This also makes me wonder... Will these games get an arc in Pokemon Adventures? Lol what would the characters' names even be XD
Let's and Go.

Just saw the trailer, and even though I'm going to skip this game (don't have a switch yet), I'm really excited to see the original trio (Red/Blue/Green) appear in the game.

Also, is it just me, or does Lorelei and Lance look younger than I thought...?

Evidently Chase/Trace/Elaine aren't just updated versions of Red/Blue/FUCKING GREEN, so what's the timeline for this? And how do the two sets of characters relate to each other?

That's what I'm wondering myself.

I can already tell this is going to be one wacked-out alternate Gen I universe...

The fact that, for a game that is absolutely not meant for hardcore fans and is actually assured to piss many of them off, Game Freak are willing to use the hardcore fandom's love of Leaf of all things as the basis for a Barely-Glimpsed Hype-Inducing End-of-Trailer Surprise is both completely bizarre and fucking hilarious. Talk about mixed messages: "Leaf is canon! In a game that's just a shitty AU!"

I thought it was Seafoam Islands at first, but take a look at the comparison. Cerulean Cave seems more likely.

Esserise said:
Talk about mixed messages: "Leaf is canon! In a game that's just a shitty AU!"
It's definitely rather cynical, especially when followed by her inclusion in Smash and the announcement of her figurine (albeit with the FRLG attire). But if they give her a good team and characterization, I'll consider it as one of LGPE's few highlights.

I hope she isn't just Red's female counterpart that only female players get to see.

Attachments

• Crystals.jpg
    Crystals.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 52
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom