• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I actually live in South Africa. But I still agree with your view. What about Ghana or Morocco?
They might work too. However they are hardly known to the world like Egypt is.

A joint venture between two prosperous countries. But what about the white farmers that are being persecuted over there in South Africa, and yet the west (except Russia and the US) wouldn't care less of bringing them into Europe? There was hardly anyone in the land when the Dutch settled in the early 1600s, and never made contact until 127 years later. The few tribes they met never settled, they were nomads who preferred moving from place to place, and they were also friendly. It wasn't until the 1800s when the Zulus from the north swept in and massacred the tribes and anyone in their way. And the British when given the land by the exhausted Dutch, only made things worse by annexing the war zone. With all the atrocities that followed under British Occupation, race division along with the growth of Communism, it's no wonder of why it is now in such a mess. That goes to all countries that are corrupt. Shiny and happy on the outside, sad and miserable on the inside. By next may, the leaders even say that they are going to take the farmer's land by force, even if it means bloodshed, and yet these white farmers were descended from the original Dutch that just want to make a living by farming. This is the only home they knew, and now they are having that stripped away by corrupt leaders in a tit-for-tat fashion.

So sad that hardly anyone is even talking about it. Not even the news broadcasters. :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
They might work too. However they are hardly known to the world like Egypt is.

A joint venture between two prosperous countries. But what about the white farmers that are being persecuted over there in South Africa, and yet the west (except Russia and the US) wouldn't care less of bringing them into Europe? There was hardly anyone in the land when the Dutch settled in the early 1600s, and never made contact until 127 years later. The few tribes they met never settled, they were nomads who preferred moving from place to place, and they were also friendly. It wasn't until the 1800s when the Zulus from the north swept in and massacred the tribes and anyone in their way. And the British when given the land by the exhausted Dutch, only made things worse by annexing the war zone. With all the atrocities that followed under British Occupation, race division along with the growth of Communism, it's no wonder of why it is now in such a mess. That goes to all countries that are corrupt. Shiny and happy on the outside, sad and miserable on the inside. By next may, the leaders even say that they are going to take the farmer's land by force, even if it means bloodshed, and yet these white farmers were descended from the original Dutch that just want to make a living by farming. This is the only home they knew, and now they are having that stripped away by corrupt leaders in a tit-for-tat fashion.

So sad that hardly anyone is even talking about it. Not even the news broadcasters. :cry::cry::cry:
Yes, it's such a travesty. GameFreak just has to careful if they ever decide on a South African region.

I think that the less well known countries hold so much potential. Such opportunities could really make people more aware of different parts of the world. Even if they only include some aspects of culture. It's still at least a taste of something new for some people.

Yes, it's such a travesty. GameFreak just has to careful if they ever decide on a South African region.

I think that the less well known countries hold so much potential. Such opportunities could really make people more aware of different parts of the world. Even if they only include some aspects of culture. It's still at least a taste of something new for some people.
Right.

Another country having problems is Indonesia and the Palm Oil. It's not just the Orangutans and endangered animals that are affected, it's also the farmers that are having their land stolen illegal by big corrupt companies and politicians, killing their business of farming for food in exchange for Palm Oil that is used in everything. It's only gotten worse with the EU and many countries wanting to use Bio-Fuel as a substitute for Petrol and Diesel (Gas). Yeah, save the environment by harming it. There's smog from refineries and fires that sweep over villages and towns that causes fatal brain damage to babies and children. The Palm Oil business says that they don't allow Child Labour when they do, the Responsible Palm Oil when the Palm is picked is mixed with the others at the refinery, and those that have their own Palm Oil farms are charged less and oppressed in competitions by the bigger companies. One guilty culprit is the Anglo-Dutch company Unilever.

There was even a Christmas Advert this year by Grocery Store chain Iceland that did an advert tackling the subject, of which became banned because it broke the taboo of it being 'too political' by being aided by Greenpeace.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdpspllWI2o

Last edited:
Guys, this isn’t the place to discuss about current astrocities and political problems.

And if you’re going to argue that they shouldn’t make a region based on current problems, then they shouldn’t make a UK region either, because of Brexit.

Guys, this isn’t the place to discuss about current astrocities and political problems.

And if you’re going to argue that they shouldn’t make a region based on current problems, then they shouldn’t make a UK region either, because of Brexit.

The UK leaving a trading block isn't quite on the same scale as the issues highlighted above such as deforestation and genocide. Let's not lose perspective here.
Besides the decision for the Gen 8 region was probably taken in or before 2015, before leaving the EU was even a thing.

I was only speaking out of what needs to be said. I won't do so now thank goodness.
What exactly “needs” to be said? What does orangutans problem in Indonesia have to do with this thread?

Quite frankly, your grasping at straws here. Should they never make a region based on the US too? Because of the mass shootings that happen there like every other week?

The UK leaving a trading block isn't quite on the same scale as the issues highlighted above such as deforestation and genocide. Let's not lose perspective here.
Besides the decision for the Gen 8 region was probably taken in or before 2015, before leaving the EU was even a thing.
You’re absolutely right on that front.

But the thing is, these problems are irrelevant in the context of this thread (i.e. discussing about gen 8). They’re not going to stop game freak (or any other developer, for that matter) from making a game based on a country with these problems.

Sometimes i feel like this thread goes too far. We’re discussing a Pokemon game people, not the next UN meeting or whatever.

So, we'll get that movie trailer (and hopefully a glimpse of a pokemon from Gen 8 in it) on December 31st, since Japan is a day ahead for most of us, and they'll get New Years ahead of us,right?

View: https://twitter.com/Paulrobertryan/status/1078176073848930304

If im not mistaken, "Pokemon A" is the mystery that is supposed to be something related to mewtwo (or a variation of mewtwo) . While im not expecting anything from the trailer, late january is only a few weeks from now so I wouldn't be surprised if the new years trailer had light a split second glimpse of something "new". They could tease it now then do a reveal at the end of the month

If im not mistaken, "Pokemon A" is the mystery that is supposed to be something related to mewtwo (or a variation of mewtwo) . While im not expecting anything from the trailer, late january is only a few weeks from now so I wouldn't be surprised if the new years trailer had light a split second glimpse of something "new". They could tease it now then do a reveal at the end of the month

Hey! I said something about Pokemon A and Z being a possible name a few posts ago!

I had the idea whilst thinking about Zygarde on my walk, and thought of the new Pokemon games being titled 'Pokemon A and Z'.

I know, it's naff of a title, but it's something.

AZ is also a name for some British road maps. Although the game could be called Pokemon A and Pokemon B?

Last edited:

jan8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom