• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make it clear, for the reasons I've already mentioned, I still believe in a big trailer being released this week.

But if nothing be shown on this week, I could bet on a teaser (not a trailer) being shown on January, but I would definitely move on to the #LateAprilEarlyMayFirstTrailer team. :rolleyes: Also for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Just to make it clear, for the reasons I've already mentioned, I still believe in a big trailer being released this week.

But if nothing be shown on this week, I could bet on a teaser (not a trailer) being shown on January, but I would definitely move on to the #LateAprilEarlyMayFirstTrailer team. :rolleyes: Also for the reasons I've already mentioned.
=P Well if that's where the lines are drawn... who's in for Team February/March?

And I keep forgetting that UBs are legendaries.

They're not officially legendaries, at least. Just tend to fall into the same box.

Is it worth dissecting that earlier "Team Neon" leak, or did everyone already brush it off as fake, lol?

Solar system sounds rad, but I can't see GF putting eight legendaries in one group. (unless they double up on planets, which would be kinda weird) Plus, how would they know the inspiration if they're just getting their info from translators? And Team Neon is a cool name, but if Lauralegal could translate it that easily, it's weird that they couldn't translate it themselves.
UBs generally aren't considered legendaries, though. (They're just ordinary Pokemon in their own dimension)

They're not officially legendaries, at least. Just tend to fall into the same box.

They're sub-legendaries officially, actually. If you were talking about proper legendaries, Arceus would not be one either, since it's a Mythical.

Officially via the game and dex datamine and VGC for tournaments, they are counted as one, so regardless of personal opinion they are in. I dont consider Flareon a proper eevee evolution due to its woeful stat distribution, but it still is one regardless LOL

I agree. I think any type of psuedo legend would be better than a dragon type at this point, but a bug one would be really cool. I wouldn't mind them doing another dragon type one if they had a second psuedo-legend line to have a different type, like how Gen 3 has the Bagon line for a dragon type, and the Beldum line for a non-dragon type.
I agree with that. That way people who desire a dragon can have theirs and we can have our power bug.

On the UBs are Legendaries debate, I think that there are 3 main distinguishable groups. Mythicals, Legendaries and Ultra Beasts.

I agree with that. That way people who desire a dragon can have theirs and we can have our power bug.

On the UBs are Legendaries debate, I think that there are 3 main distinguishable groups. Mythicals, Legendaries and Ultra Beasts.

Four because Sub Legends and the usual Box Legends are in different categories officially. Datamine recognises this as well.

voting team feb or march

even if the games aren't announced I do think we'll see movement in terms of movie related reveals, teasing, etc.

It’s the general direct he’s likely referring to

General UK is the home of western dragon and fairy lore, so if that is the region, we can expect a lot. Hopefully we can get some more traditional dragons and not wyverns for a change,

Any Dragon lore you could share? I'd like to imagine what types of Dragons GameFreak can design.

Good thing we weren't counting Arceus, then. XP

Yeah, prog rocker was talking about Arceus.

About the UB thing, they are sub-legendaries, at least according to the game code. I agree with what Joe said recently about on ResetEra (I mean, I feel I must to say this before someone brings that site to the discussion).

And I had also perfectly understood what prog meant :p. He want a poison legendary other than Nihilego and Arceus (I also forgot about Poipole and Naganadel, actually), but I was just kidding with him.

voting team feb or march

even if the games aren't announced I do think we'll see movement in terms of movie related reveals, teasing, etc.

Highfive Team Feb/March!

We should get someone to set up a poll in here. XD

hqdefault.jpg

Is it worth dissecting that earlier "Team Neon" leak, or did everyone already brush it off as fake, lol?

Solar system sounds rad, but I can't see GF putting eight legendaries in one group. (unless they double up on planets, which would be kinda weird) Plus, how would they know the inspiration if they're just getting their info from translators? And Team Neon is a cool name, but if Lauralegal could translate it that easily, it's weird that they couldn't translate it themselves.

For the first part; we did get a bunch of UBs this gen, so getting a pokemon for each planet wouldn't be too absurd. It could also be only 7 if they don't include Earth or Pluto (RIP Pluto). The names could be a hint to the planet they are based on.

For the Team Neon part, I think they were only referring to no official translation for the leader's name. However, カエサル, translates to Caesar (Like Julius Caesar). This seems to indicate an Italy region. Roman dictator; the names of the planets are Roman Gods. Hmmmm......

The "Rarest Shiny" part is what concerns me the most. It sounds like they were trying to refer to the "Ultra Shiny" trademark from a while back.

Any Dragon lore you could share? I'd like to imagine what types of Dragons GameFreak can design.

The most famous dragon in England is perhaps the one slain by the country's patron Saint George. (Even though he was Roman of Greek Origin who is also the patron saint of Russia)

The other big one are the two distinct dragons in the British Isles. The White dragon, which symbolizes England, and the Red dragon that appears on the Welsh flag

Others :
Sockburn Worm
The Lambton Worm
Fire-Drake
Worm of Linton
The Laidly Worm of Spindleston Heugh

There are a ton featuring Worms throughout the United Kingdom and General Europe ( coming from the anglo saxon word for serpent ) There's so many to list. This is without even talking about all the Scottish and Irish legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom