• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Stephen Hawkins was British, and the discovery of Dinosaurs, the idea of evolution and the Big Bang came from British people. Charles Darwin was on the Galapagos for his research.

Not on board with the Crown and Sceptre idea, I am just on board with the UK being a region.

Stephen Hawkins....

Shouldn't we be discussing that solar system rumor a bit more. I think it warrants a little more looking into?
Got distracted from responding to this, but- I don't think the solar system leak offered much to be discussed, and I'm pretty sure the "Rarest Shiny" thing kind of made everyone write it off because that is the dumbest thing to name anything. XD So that's probably why no one is really talking about it.

Shouldn't we be discussing that solar system rumor a bit more. I think it warrants a little more looking into?
Not really that much to discuss, I feel like? It was a pretty short post. And like some people pointed out, it was suspiciously easy to translate.
If you gave him wings and claws he would look quite draconic I think.

I for one love the idea of Mewtwo becoming an Eastern Dragon.
I think every Pokemon could be said to resemble a dragon if you gave it wings and claws...

As a resident of Florida I highly disagree lol.

Can someone reshare the solar system leak? I think it might be relevant again.

EDIT: didnt mean for that to sound rude. I just mean Florida isnt very space-y, though I guess we have that NASA tourist thing. Keep in mind Florida is similar to Hawaii in a sense

I think there's lots of opportunity to make Florida stand out from a tropical region. A space theme could probably work anywhere, though and I would prefer almost anywhere else at the moment.

As stated in a previous post, the "solar system" rumor seems to suggest an Italy region (planets = roman gods, evil leader is called Caesar). It all seems to fit a bit too nicely though and I'm super skeptical of the "rarest shiny" thing.

I could see the main character will turn out to be a pokmon changeling,because changelings are fairy or demon doppelganger that took the human child's place after fairies steals a child away to faerieland in folklore. I known, it sounds really dark.

This is almost exactly the dex entry for Zorua

I just had a funny thought, if Italy was a Pokemon region. The thought I had was a pizza Pokemon, and considering we got really weird Pokemon before, I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to do this. Just the thought of a pizza Pokemon sounds funny to me.

I just had a funny thought, if Italy was a Pokemon region. The thought I had was a pizza Pokemon, and considering we got really weird Pokemon before, I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to do this. Just the thought of a pizza Pokemon sounds funny to me.
I can hear the "Pokemon is running out of ideas" already. XP

I can't see them having the main character actually be a pokemon equivalent of a fairy type ditto. I think that'd be a bit too out there. Though having the villain of the games being something like this could work. Like the pokemon chose to be raised as a human and happened to get stuck with seeing and feeling the worst parts of humanity and being like "nope, telling my parents (box legendaries?) y'all need to go." But that's a bit too much like Black and White's kinda deal to be honest.

@LunarCaliber I'm the same way with faeries! I've got figurines and books too! What a cool coincidence. :)
I think it'd be much more likely for that to be the rival or a person on the enemy team, not the protagonist.
I don't mind having a changeling as the main character,because the books on changeling that I has read that the main character have to go faerie to make a path with a Queen or King for in exchange for her/his humans or turn out to out to be a princess/prince and have to restore balance between fairies and humans.
I could see the story plot would be like Wars of Flowers or Holly Black's Tithe.

Pokemon Movies with real locations...

Pokemon 5: Venice, Italy
Pokemon 6: China
Pokemon 7: Vancouver, Canada
Pokemon 8: Germany
Pokemon 9: Rome, Italy
Pokemon 10: Spain
Pokemon 11: Norway
Pokemon 12: Ancient Greece
Pokemon 13: The Netherlands
Pokemon 14 (B & W): France
Pokemon 16: New York City, USA
Pokemon 17: Ottowa, Canada
Pokemon 21: San Francisco, USA

Am I missing anything thus far?

I don't mind having a changeling as the main character,because the books on changeling that I has read that the main character have to go faerie to make a path with a Queen or King for in exchange for her/his humans or turn out to out to be a princess/prince and have to restore balance between fairies and humans.
I could see the story plot would be like Wars of Flowers or Holly Black's Tithe.
Considering player customization, I'm pretty sure GameFreak is more interested in making the main character be an avatar of the player than to thrust them into some otherworldly and unrelateable situation involving being a fairy.

Pokemon Movies with real locations...
About New Orleans, LA

Pokemon 5: Venice, Italy
Pokemon 6: China
Pokemon 7: Vancouver, Canada
Pokemon 8: Germany
Pokemon 9: Rome, Italy
Pokemon 10: Spain
Pokemon 11: Norway
Pokemon 12: Ancient Greece
Pokemon 13: The Netherlands
Pokemon 14 (B & W): France
Pokemon 16: New York City, USA
Pokemon 17: Ottowa, Canada
Pokemon 21: San Francisco, USA

Am I missing anything thus far?
About New Orleans, LA USA?

Considering player customization, I'm pretty sure GameFreak is more interested in making the main character be an avatar of the player than to thrust them into some otherworldly and unrelateable situation involving being a fairy.
I even think it would be cool if you are pokemon changeling and can learn how to use pokemon move among and fight among with your pokemon.

sorry about that
I thought you means as region.
I was simply asking what other real life locations did other Pokemon Movies used. I'm unsure about movie 15, 18, 19 and 20?

I already know the first four weren't inspired from any, unless it's to do with Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom