• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, just because it is a new dex only, its ok if they pick other animals that aren't depicted in kanto... which would be awesome.

http://i.********/vp/1547741698947.jpg
http://i.********/vp/1547742134297.jpg

Seems pretty fake, what do you think?
I dont get why they all look the same. I mean they're not, they're a tanuki, hare and a wombat (?) Idk what the water one is. But they're all mammals. I'm unsure if GF would do something as non-diverse as this.

I'm expecting gen 8's new pokemon to be gen 5-esque design wise since there's a chance Jame's Turner might've been the art director for these games, or at least had a heavy involvement in them. He's also stated he's very fond of gen 5 as they were the first pokemon games he worked on.

He has "art director for the pokemon series" in his bio on twitter, which was only added recently. He might've been the art director for gen 8 and his promotion was only formally revealed recently

I'm expecting gen 8's new pokemon to be gen 5-esque design wise since there's a chance Jame's Turner might've been the art director for these games, or at least had a heavy involvement in them. He's also stated he's very fond of gen 5 as they were the first pokemon games he worked on.

He has "art director for the pokemon series" in his bio on twitter, which was only added recently. He might've been the art director for gen 8 and his promotion was only formally revealed recently
=( Man I hope not. I want to like Gen 8.

I dont get why they all look the same. I mean they're not, they're a tanuki, hare and a wombat (?) Idk what the water one is. But they're all mammals. I'm unsure if GF would do something as non-diverse as this.
All 3 of the Gen 1 starters are reptiles. But, I don't think that they would make the Pokemon look like Disney characters.

DE75175A-CE61-4A06-9CFB-D7E9E15AB887.jpeg

I don't know...maybe? It's a cool idea but 140+ days seems like a very long time for a buildup to a reveal. I don't think there's a reveal at the end of that.

So did CoroCoro not have anything in it this month?

Not this month. But it's the March issue (released Feb 15th) that usually has big news. Leaks are usually expected from the 10th onward.

You know, we've talked about gen 5 Pokémon in the gen 6 rumors thread, the gen 7 rumors thread, and now in the gen 8 rumors thread. I just don't understand the trauma some people seem to have suffered where every time someone mentions gen 5 in some way we have to have this long discussion about gen 5 again.

At this point the people who like it are not going to change their mind, and the people who hate it are probably not going to change their mind. It's a dead mudsdale which I wish we could let rest in peace already. Gen 5 happened it is a part of Pokémon's history and we are all going to have to accept that it's going to be the divisive generation and maybe not jump on people every time someone dares mentions the phrase gen 5.

So I lack culture because I dislike Pokemon based on ice-cream cones and garbage bags? Yeah...

To be fair, the reason why Unova had an Ice Cream pokemon was a cultural thing. New York is widely known for its many Ice Cream shops and of the treat itself. Its an iconic part of New York itself and has its own Ice Cream culture. It's not surprising they based an item off this with the Casteliacone and a Pokemon Line. While I dont like the inanimate pokemon designs, this honestly made a lot of sense given what Unova is inspired by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom