• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personnaly think that this leak is fake. Therefore, the modeling leak of the other starter in the same leak make me thing that it could be real.

Yeah, that racoon is pretty much identical to the Disney one, and the Water starter is so similar I honestly thought it was a recolor until I looked closer. No way this is real.

I get some Pokemon not being someone's cup of tea, but I think hating on Gen 5 because you didn't like a design when other gens use similar ones is just silly. Maybe you don't particularly like object-based Pokemon, so Vanillish isn't your thing. That's fine. But why bring it up in every discussion about Gen 5 Pokemon if you're not gonna rag on the Voltorb line every time Gen 1 is mentioned? (Also, both designs have extra depth to them: the Vanillish line uses natural ice formations to recreate the shape of an ice cream cone, such as icicles and snowdrifts, and Voltorb is based on the mimic creatures found in most RPGs)

I doubt they would change the tradotional starters of fire water and grass but this is a game for long time fans so i guess its possible to change.
Not sure it would be good to change though.
Of a change what comes to mind is a new typing of a trio or just keep the traditional and add an electric choice and a ground choice (5choices).

Honestly, I would arguably say that Gen 5 had much better Pokemon than Gen 1 did, Excadrill for example, is much cooler than Dugtrio and even then, Dugtrio tried to mimic Excadrill by typing with its Alolan form, jealous much?

So I lack culture because I dislike Pokemon based on ice-cream cones and garbage bags? Yeah...

Those inanimate object Pokemon are based on ... inanimate objects which in Japanese folklore gain a mind of their own after hundreds of years and start acting like living creatures.

I don't really mind them.

So I lack culture because I dislike Pokemon based on ice-cream cones and garbage bags? Yeah...

They're two evolution lines in the largest generation of Pokemon. 5 Pokemon, out of 156. Gen V has loads of solid designs apart from those two regularly mentioned examples you gave.

I'm pretty sure Arcanine10 meant people disliking the entirety of the Gen V dex because of a few ones they didn't like.

Honestly, I would arguably say that Gen 5 had much better Pokemon than Gen 1 did, Excadrill for example, is much cooler than Dugtrio and even then, Dugtrio tried to mimic Excadrill by typing with its Alolan form, jealous much?

In Gen V's case I think the most of them are "overdesigned". But I agree with the statement that Gen V Pokemon are better than Gen I, because the first gen Pokemon are mostly either bland as fuck without many details, colorless or has three heads.

http://i.********/vp/1547741698947.jpg
http://i.********/vp/1547742134297.jpg

Seems pretty fake, what do you think?
Fake, not only is the artstyle majorly different, they aren't even interesting designs. Literally animal painted in different colors. The 3d model is probably just Blender. Somebody goin above and beyond just to troll.

See, it's not specifically the object pokemon that bother me about Gen 5 and I think it's a disservice to list them as the reason that Gen 5 was bad- it's Darmanitan, Conkeldurr, Garbodor, Seismitoad and so many others that made the generation lack appeal. I don't even mind Trubbish on its own, but as a collection, Gen 5 was incredibly unattractive.

They're two evolution lines in the largest generation of Pokemon. 5 Pokemon, out of 156. Gen V has loads of solid designs apart from those two regularly mentioned examples you gave.

For people liking them yeah, but designs are purely subjective. I don't even support that whole "Pokemon based on objects like Trubbish are bad" thing.

The thing that rather annoys me with them are that half of them feel to much like altered Gen I Pokemon. Probaly because BW with its new Pokemon only Pokedex tried to emulate that Kanto feeling in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom