• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Same here; not much to say about the Nuggest mission except for those wild Shroomish.

I'm just too lazy to browse this thread for an answer. So I'll just ask it right away. Is there any use in the demo now that I can now enter Steven's house?

Because as of now, nothing's happening that are not so different. It seems, just the same.

Okay, I don't get to go on the Forums that much, and clearly there are a ton of posts on this matter that it would take forever for me to wade through, so I'm just going to ask straight up: how the heck do I unlock the Nugget mission? I keep hearing different criteria such as:

1. Soft reset after battling Elder Theodore
2. The Nugget mission will automatically unlock two weeks after you started playing the demo. (This obviously didn't happen for me because I've been playing the demo since the day of its release.)
3. The Nugget mission will automatically unlock 15 days after you changed the 3DS's system time and date. (I find this one to be less likely because I've noticed that changing the date and/or time only makes my Pokemon games go wonky for a day or two.)
4. You have to make Orlando interact with every NPC and any other thing that makes a dialogue box pop up. (I've definitely talked to every NPC and even some signs and stuff at least twice, so I'm confident that I haven't missed one.)
5. The Nugget mission will unlock on some random day regardless of what you do.

So what gives?

The thing I never got about the demo is they removed the time of day catch rates because didn't want little kids staying up late to catch nocturnal pokemon...and yet they turn right around and force everyone into some repetitive loop for some nuggets and the completion to the side story.

I mean, the least they could have done was create more original quests and then make the secret quests randomly pop up. But since there's only like 10 quests, they should have just done away with the secret missions all together and made them normal ones.

Okay, I don't get to go on the Forums that much, and clearly there are a ton of posts on this matter that it would take forever for me to wade through, so I'm just going to ask straight up: how the heck do I unlock the Nugget mission? I keep hearing different criteria such as:

1. Soft reset after battling Elder Theodore
2. The Nugget mission will automatically unlock two weeks after you started playing the demo. (This obviously didn't happen for me because I've been playing the demo since the day of its release.)
3. The Nugget mission will automatically unlock 15 days after you changed the 3DS's system time and date. (I find this one to be less likely because I've noticed that changing the date and/or time only makes my Pokemon games go wonky for a day or two.)
4. You have to make Orlando interact with every NPC and any other thing that makes a dialogue box pop up. (I've definitely talked to every NPC and even some signs and stuff at least twice, so I'm confident that I haven't missed one.)
5. The Nugget mission will unlock on some random day regardless of what you do.

So what gives?

It SHOULD unlock after 15 days since you downloaded the demo. If not, then idk. Check the 3DS time. Also, just in case, there isn't a seperate option for the Nugget Mission - you have to talk to Steven and he'll tell you about the Nugget man.

What I've been doing since 15-20 days after the demo release is I would go around town and interact with stuff, and then I would talk to Steven to start a mission. But it's always the same ones like searching for a Pokemon/missing person or battling people. And as far as the 3DS time is concerned, I know it's accurate.

In my case, I got the demo on the 21st, reset off DST on November 2nd, and about last week the Nugget mission finally showed up. In other words, the 15-day count doesn't completely reset if you change the clock....

... Bit short of a mission, that one.

Back
Top Bottom