• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Black & White VS. Pokemon Black & White 2

Which did you prefer?

• Pokemon Black & White

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Pokemon Black 2 & White 2

Votes: 37 69.8%

• Total voters
Black 2 and White 2 for me definitely.

It pretty much fixed all the problems I had with Black and White: the you-almost-can't-lose difficulty, boring uninspired routes (hi there Route 5!) and the lack of varied Pokémon to catch in the early-midway point of the game.

The only thing that I think Black and White does better is the already mentioned story. I don't suffer poor gameplay for average plot, so story isn't high on my list of wants.

It's a tough call since I enjoy both games. I think that B/W has a better storyline and much better rivals than B2/W2. The storyline in B2/W2 was okay, but served more as closure to the storyline from the first games more than anything else. That's not bad by any means, but it didn't stand out as much for me in comparison either. I liked Hugh's storyline, but he wasn't much of an interesting rival. Cheren and especially Bianca were more interesting because of the development they went through during the course of the games. Pretty much everything about Bianca's development is one of my favorite aspects of B/W. I thought that N was a really interesting character and I do like how we see more of the result of his growth in B2/W2, so that would be a tie. The new Gyms in B2/W2 were okay, although I didn't care much for Marlon being the last one, and the climax against Team Plasma against Corless and Ghestis was really engaging to the point where I didn't want to stop playing for hours. Corless himself is a pretty good and interesting antagonist.

The main things that B2/W2 have over the original games are actual post-storyline content and expansion of the Unova region. A couple of my main issues with B/W was how there was pretty much nothing to do after defeating the Elite 4 and Unova felt like a really small region. B2/W2 provided some much needed post-storyline content that really makes it easier to level up my teams without going through the Elite 4 twenty times and the new areas it introduced made Unvoa feel more complete instead of extremely small. To be fair though, I still think part of why I felt that way with B/W was because of playing through D/P/Pl and HG/SS in the previous generation where the regions were larger and in HG/SS's case, I got to go to two regions. Anyway, while B2/W2 provides better post-storyline content and expands the Unova region, I'm going to go with B/W for the better storyline and better characters.

While I enjoyed BWs plot and rivals. I just had a much better experience playing B2W2. It had better music, a better assortment of mons to choose from, and some how made areas only two years old give you nostalgia.

I voted BW because I felt the storyline was much stronger and despite the lack of content post-game compared to BW2, BW2 just did not engage me the same way, it didn't really work upon the points it should have done from the original games. I felt storyline wise also BW2 were a big step backwards despite all the promise it showed. It initially felt like BW2 would be as awesome and different as BW was but I was disappointed by the end, which just slipped back into the old habits of Pokemon games. I enjoyed how different BW were. It just felt... lackluster.

So its BW for me.

I voted BW because I felt the storyline was much stronger and despite the lack of content post-game compared to BW2, BW2 just did not engage me the same way, it didn't really work upon the points it should have done from the original games. I felt storyline wise also BW2 were a big step backwards despite all the promise it showed. It initially felt like BW2 would be as awesome and different as BW was but I was disappointed by the end, which just slipped back into the old habits of Pokemon games. I enjoyed how different BW were. It just felt... lackluster.

So its BW for me.

That's exactly what I was going to post, gosh, B2W2 was just so... underwhelming, and when you compare that to the wonder that were the originals, they don't even come close to comparing.

Again, this is my oppinion, feel free to disagree or agree with it, but I'm warning you beforehand, I will not read any page-long-rants that get sento to me (This has happened).

So its BW for me.

Thanks for your post, you said everything I wanted to but couldn't find the right words.

Btw, you avatar is very cute.

I personally preferred Black and White 2. The originals were great, but B2W2 just improved on them. There are so many things to do after beating the Champion in B2W2. Black Tower/White Treehollow, Pokestar Studios, PWT, a plethora of legendaries, in addition to the things from BW such as the Battle Subway. After getting used to the amount of content in the new Unova, the BW Unova just seems so dry and boring. I wondered how I ever spent so much time in it.

I don't really care about post-game features, what means a lot to me is the main game/plot/main battles and they are way better in BW.

B2W2's plot was underwhelming, the salvation grace was Colress.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom