• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Creepypasta V.2 (Read First Post Before Posting)

I have a creepypasta I just came up with. Based on True events but with a creepypasta twist, oh Pole if you want the lines of karma.. well here we go

Payback's a bitch
It was June 11th and I had nothing to do all day. Looking around my room I noticed a game cartridge, Pokemon Emerald. That's right I stole it from my cousin yesterday at his birthday party. I don't know he knows, afterall I stole his Pokemon Pearl game and Mario Kart. And his Pokemon Crystal game years before that. I sold the other three and was going to do the same thing with Emerald.

But for some reason I felt a strange pull, deciding it would cure boredom I popped it in the DS, after taking several minutes to realize that a GBA cartridge can be played on the DS. Then I clicked Pokemon Emerald and the title screen showed up.

Something weird happened though, the green Pokemon, I think Rayquaza? I wasn't as big of a Pokemon fan as I was in the olden days so I wasn't hip to these games, but I gotten some knowledge. This Pokemon though had blood dripping from it's fangs though, I thought awesome! Pokemon has now decided to put blood in it, maybe I am immature but I think this makes a game good.

Clicking start I saw my cousin had some game already up, so I clicked Start a New game. That was weird a Green Golbat showed up, I thought they were purple? Whatever I thought, the Golbat asked "Are you sure... Thief?" I had no idea what the Golbat was talking about, sure I stole it but how can it know I did it. Shaking my head I clicked yes. Suddenly a screeching noise and what sounded like screams of anger and pain which also sounded like Pokemon could be heard, I had to cover my ears as the screen went to black.

After a moment the game finally started, after some clicking and choosing my name to be JK, my initials I went to choose my starter.

Weird because Littleroot Town as it was called look odd. There were random pixels of Pokemon standing next to the house. A Pachirisu, A Gastrodon. Don't ask me how I know these Pokemon, it's like their names just popped up in my head. And there was even a Lugia standing on the rooftop, and there was also a Green Golbat. Ignoring them for them I headed to the lab and talked to the Professor, however he only responded with this "..." before moving to the pokeballs. Taking a hint I should pick them up, not knowing something wasn't right I picked the pokeball up to show a Treecko.

"That looks cool" I muttered before selecting Treecko, happy with what I chose I walked out of the lab and just walked around, nothing happened though, those Pokemon disappeared however.

When I went into the grass the battle started, I found it odd that this Pokemon I never seen called Pachirisu was already at a high level, about lv40 and it's nickname was called Static.

Deciding to attack I saw Treecko had one move, called Abandon. Now that was really strange, chalking it up to the game I clicked it, Treecko did nothing however when I looked at Pachirisu I jumped, it was staring at me with a hateful look.

"Pachii!" I heard come out of the speakers, I turned it down confused "Pachirisu!" I heard the same thing screech now despite the sound was down. Then Pachirisu attacked with an attack called Thief. Expecting it to do nothing I was shocked when Treecko suddenly vanished for a moment then appeared behind Pachirisu who was still smirking at me.

"Let's see how you like, THIEF!" it said in a text box before what sounded like Pachirisu screeching at the top of it's lungs, then I appeared back in the grass. "Wait where's my Treecko!" I exclaimed opening up my party. Treecko was not in it however there were six Golbats, all green taken it's place. Only one of them was called Katie, the others were named Thief.

Now I only played Red, Blue, Gold and Silver but I knew this stuff didn't happen. I looked at Golbat's stats and was startled at the sight of Golbat staring at me, it's eyes looked like they were glaring right into my soul. "Baaat" I heard a low groan say from the speakers. I looked at the ID.

"Wait, that's not right" I said, I knew the ID would be of me, but instead this was Charles... Charles that was the name of my cousin! He even had his trainer as Charles, surely that can't mean anything. I realized that this Golbat was level 40.

"Hey, I bet I can just run through this game" I said smirking. So exiting the start menu, but not before hearing another "Goolbaat" voice drone angrily.

Walking on through the patches of grass nothing happened. No Pokemon appeared, no trainers wanted to fight me. Wait scratch that I thought as a trainer walked up to me.

"I am not going to fight you, you will STEAL MY POKEMON!" the text box shouted before the little sprite of a boy ran away from my sprite. That was really weird. Walking a bit further I saw an Lugia sprite in front of me. "Awesome, I am going to catch it!" I shouted happily and went to talk to it, however a text box appeared with "Lugia: "..." and then something that I didn't see coming happened. Lugia used Aeroblast against my sprite sending him flying into the sky.

"This is a really weird game" I said to myself. So the screen went black for a few moments, however two red eyes could be seen before disappearing and I appeared in a small cave like area. Pokemon surrounded me though. A Shiny Golbat, Pachirisu, Palkia, Gastrodon, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Lugia. I have no idea where they came from though.

"What is this?" I asked, suddenly an Blaziken appeared in front of my sprite but he was bigger then Rayquaza. He was staring directly at me.

"You stole my brethren... Those destined to move on to Diamond and Pearl... You stole from your cousin" but instead of a text box it was a dark voice from the speakers, and somehow I could tell Blaziken was the one speaking. And every single of the sprites they weren't staring at the trainer, they were staring directly at me. Decaying before my very eyes. "You stole them... You took them away and erased their existence... You stole from your cousin, the cousin who loves every single one of his family members and would do anything for them which includes YOU!" Blaziken roared. The screen went black and the Pachirisu Static appeared in the darkness but it was very close and not like it's sprite, more like an Anime version.

"How could you! I was meant to be in the Pokemon League! I never got to taste victory and win with my Master. CHARLES!" Pachirisu said in a crying voice before it's fangs became covered in blood, he started decaying, his eyes shrinking into his eye sockets, flesh and bones could be seen from where he was peeling.

"Now I will never be! None of us will ever be Champions because you stole what was rightfully his! You stole Pearl before we could finish the Pokemon League!" Pachirisu cried even more, it's cries were so loud it hurt my ears.

Now it disappeared and a Gastrodon appeared, it's skin was peeling off, his shell was cracked and his mouth was gaped open like a zombie, you could see everything coming off. "My Name is Juimmy. Static, I and four other Pokemon were in training to defeat the Pokemon League all on our own. We were from the Pokemon Pearl game you stole! Now we will make you pay for the crime you committed! Crime does pay!" Jimmy the Gastrodon growled as he howled and the game started flashing, showing every single Pokemon that were apparently in Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Pearl... The two games I stole... The two games I stole from my cousin!

Pachirisu appeared with an menacing look still decaying "Now you are getting it. You erased us, you sold us for money! I wanted to be the best Pachirisu there ever was, I wanted to reach a very high level! And you stole me. Now everything you have, will be stolen from you" Pachirisu said before cackling.

Suddenly I fell from my chair that I sat on as it disappeared. Soon everything in my room started to disappear. My computer, my games, my bed, my DVDS everything I ever own. Once I was sitting in a bare room I noticed my clothes also disappeared.

"Why are you doing this! It's just a game! He will get over it!" I cried to the DS, knowing I could hear them somehow then they must to. Suddenly a large roar could be heard. Static appeared again.

"No he didn't. You stole his Pokemon Cards when he was twelve. He didn't trust you then. But slowly.. Very slowly his trust in you started to return, then you stole Pokemon Crystal. He believed he lost it. Then a year or two later Pokemon Pearl was taken from him. Then he knew, oh you think he doesn't know? OH HE KNOWS!" Static screamed at me and electricity suddenly shot at me, I screamed and howled in pain as it went through me before stopping. Looking at the screen I was crying as Pachirisu and the other Pokemon appeared again.

"You are a thief, you are a thief! You are a thief! And you must pay for what you have done! Anytime you have a girlfriend, she will be stolen from you. Anything you love will hurt and betray you because you betrayed your cousin's trust. Payback's a bitch ain't it?" Pachirisu asked.

"No! NO! Please stop it! I only stole it! They are just games! He won't care!" I cried, then the screen showed something else. It was my cousin's room!. "This is his reaction when Pearl was stolen" Pachirisu's voice could be heard. I had to watch as my cousin discovered it was missing on Easter and went looking for it, he called everyone including me.

"He called you, he asked you if you accidentally took it. He placed the benefit of the doubt in you and you lied to him!" Static's haunting voice growled. My cousin looked quite upset to find Pearl was missing.

Then it was another day and he was searching for Emerald only this time he was with another cousin of mine and his. "I bet it was my cousin, he stole Pearl and he stole Emerald as well. I can't believe this I trusted him" Charles said to his cousin, I didn't know what to do but the screen faded and they appeared again.

"THIEF! THIEF! TRAITOR! BACKSTABBER!" all of the Pokemon chanted angrily and then another jolt of electricity hit me, I screamed as the DS and Pokemon Emerald disappeared, the last thing I owned now gone. I cradled myself and cried as their voices could still be heard chanting Thief!

"I am sorry! I am so sorry! I am so sorry! Forgive me! I will never steal another thing from him! Leave me alone!" I cried so hard.

"Let this be a lesson to all thieves! Steal your brother's, sister's, cousin's, friend's or even stranger's Pokemon games and we will come for you!JUSTICE will prevail! You will never escape!" Pachirisu's voice could be heard again.

A few hours and I was found by my parents screaming "Leave me alone! I am sorry!" they couldn't find out what was wrong and what happened to my stuff. I confessed to my cousin over the phone but the voices wouldn't stop, my cousin's voice would haunt me long as I live "I trusted you... I even tried thinking maybe you didn't after it was obivous you did my games. I tried.. And you backstabbed me, I know we weren't close.. But if this is what I mean to you, then don't ever call me again" he said, his voice full of betrayal before hanging up.

I was still weeping and cradling so I was taken to an asylum, and that's when it started. Other people who had stolen Pokemon games and erased the data forever or sold it started appearing in the asylum ranting the same thing. Pachirisu's words were true, they were striking back in fierce anger.

Just to be clear, I am not the cousin who stole the games. I am the cousin who had Pokemon Emerald, Pearl and potentially Crystal stolen from me. That creepypasta was for all the people out there who had their hard work, Pokemon games stolen away from them. Feel free to repost or since it probably wasn't scary enough feel free to make it even more scarier then I did, edit it up if you like.

Edit: While I read some more creepypasta I came to this one
http://fyeahpokemoncreepypasta.tumblr.com/post/2669886673/pokemon-cursed-emerald

Was quite interesting I found

Last edited:
^^ the one you wrote was really good! i figured you were the one being stolen but i dunno why...

the other one, while very long, was also very great

and, in the other Creepypasta Thread there was one who would always send shivers down to my spine, i tried to contact the one who posted it, but it seems that he (Reyaria) is being absent from Bulbagarden for some time, so i think i'll post it here, all credits go to Reyaria, if he was the one who wrote it, i'm just a Fan of that one posting it again.

It was lovely to be in Olivine again. Kotone inhaled deeply, the salty smell of the ocean welcoming her with open arms.

Her hand glided over a pocket, feeling with Silver Wing inside. The Kimono Girls, along with Professor Elm, told her the same story; she had to return to Olivine.

She smiled down at Azumarill, whose ears twitched happily. It was finally time to explore the islands! The only issue was getting there safely, and knowing which island to start in…

“Hmm, before we go, let’s grab a bite at the diner!” Kotone did miss the delicious homemade food of the Olivine diner.

While waiting for her meal, Kotone had taken the wing out of her pocket, observing it once again. What was this used for, exactly? Why was it given to her?

She sighed, putting it down. One of the Kimono girls had mentioned a summoning of some sort. Maybe it called in some epic, giant bird… that was all hers to capture.

With a smile, she let some of the ceiling light reflect off the wing. It really was beautiful.

“Excuse me, lass? But is that a Silver Wing you have there?”

The voice made her jump, and she turned to face a sailor peering over her shoulder.

“Uh, yeah… why?” Maybe he knew about it too. “It’s for Whirl Islands, right?”

The sailor frowned. “You aren’t thinking of going, are you?”

The smile left her face. “I-is there a reason I shouldn’t?”

“You must have heard the legend surrounding them, correct? No young kid like you would want to go…”

“Legend? No, I haven’t heard.” Kotone shook her head. Now curious, she pointed to the adjacent seat. “What is it?”

“Legend is the islands are horribly unsafe, and bad kids are sent there as punishment. None of them have ever returned, so some think it’s true,” he began. “It’s really why no one’s gone near them…”

She was trying to process what she heard. Bad kids? Did he mean criminals, or kids who had committed things such as misdemeanors or things not as severe? It’d be quite the cruel punishment for not cleaning a room, not doing chores… it didn’t make sense.

“That can’t be true…” Kotone shook her head. “Why to Whirl Islands?”

“I couldn’t tell you, simply because I don’t know. All I know is of their danger,” he replied.

Kotone glanced at the wing again, biting her lip. Perhaps it was best she stayed away. No worth in risking her life over a Pokemon, right? There were plenty of rare Pokemon out there for her to capture.

“But, it is only a legend…” He felt a bit bad for crushing her ambition. “No one really does know if it’s true.”

“Where did you hear it from, then?” Kotone raised an eyebrow. It had to be passed down from somewhere.

“An older man who lives here tells that to his kids, and it started spreading like wildfire. Who knows if it’s the truth, or a father trying to make his kids behave,” he shrugged. “What it really is, no one knows.”

Those words made her feel a little better, at least. The fear still lingered, but a sense of adventure was making her want to go.

Yet she couldn’t go alone. For great adventure, to a perilous place, a friend was needed.

“Y-you’re serious?” Hibiki’s eyes lit up on the screen. “You want me to explore Whirl Islands with me?”

Kotone nodded. She was currently in the Pokemon center, talking to her fellow childhood friend over a video chat. “Well, it’s dangerous, so it’s best we go together, right?”

“Of course!” He nodded, grinning widely. “I’ll fly over, and we’ll totally prove that creepy myth false.”

“Right,” she nodded. “I’ll be by Route 40 waiting for you.”

“Sweet! I’ll be there soon!” With a click, the screen went black.

Kotone stood up, shaking off the last of her nerves. It was just a myth, right? Just a myth…

Once the two met up, they sailed out to Whirl Islands. The roaring whirlpools were anything but welcoming, eager to destroy anything in their path. With Hibiki’s Feraligatr, the two glided over, facing one of the caves.

It certainly didn’t seem welcoming. Cold air blew from it, carrying a musty odor. Kotone held back the urge to gag, taking a step back on the wet sand. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea…

“Come on! We gotta explore!” Hibiki took her hand, leading her into the pitch-black cave.

“Hold on…” Kotone sent out her Ampharos, who instantly lit the room up with a bright flash. “Well, we can see now…”

So far, the myth seemed false. No evidence was there to prove dead kids were lying around. No skeletons, no corpses…

Hibiki pointed to a ladder leading to a lower level. “You ready to check this place out?”

“As… as ready as I’ll ever be.” And that was honest. This place was giving her the chills.

With another burst of light, the second room came into view. As they went deeper into the cave, the musty odor seemed to get stronger and stronger. Ampharos was starting to whine, not wanting to go on much further. In the complete silence of the cave, the faint sound of rushing water could be heard.

“Hey, Kotone! That wing in your pocket is glowing!” Hibiki pointed out.

“Wha- oh…” Kotone went to pick it up, squinting. Why was it so bright…? “I guess it is meant to summon something…”

“Let’s follow the sound of the water. Whatever it is, it’s gotta be there,” he held his hand out again.

She took his hand, and the duo went deeper into the darkness.

They reached a room with a waterfall, crashing down onto the small lake with great force.

“Kotone, where’s the wing?” Hibiki asked. “Oh, don’t tell me you lost it!”

“No, it’s in here…” Even Ampharos’ flash wasn’t lighting the place up. It was dim light, at the best. She was lead by the glowing of it, going out to grab it.

A faint growl stopped her dead in her tracks. Kotone looked up, facing two bright red eyes. In the faint light, a large silhouette of a bird could be seen.

The bird now roared, causing Kotone to stumble back. It was obviously unhappy at being woken up.

“Hibiki! Run!” Kotone scrambled away from the beast, avoiding a blow from its tail. Hibiki wasn’t anywhere to be seen or heard over the roaring. Maybe he ran away without her... what a coward.

With a stroke of luck, she found a small crevice, diving into it instantly. Her hand landed on something hard and brittle, it shattering completely.

“What on earth--” With a look of horror, Kotone realized what she had touched was a skull.

Squinting, she realized that more skeletons littered the room. Were these the bad kids?! Almost gagging, Kotone held her breath, the odor bringing tears to her eyes. In the far back, she guessed, corpses were slowly rotting away.

She had to get out, and quickly. Crossing her fingers, Kotone dashed out of the crevice, barely avoiding another blow from the enraged Pokemon.

Kotone ran and ran until she hit light, collapsing on the cold floor. She was still in the caves, completely unsure of where the exit was.

Shuddering, she looked to see icicles decorating the wall. Another thought crossed her mind – that beast wasn’t the only thing that killed them. The kids must have frozen to death, and starved as well.

They had been lost in the labyrinth, tortured by a slow coming death.

It took hours, but she had managed to find the exit, sinking slowly onto the cold sand. She was safe! About to cry in joy, one last thing occurred to her.

Hibiki Was Nowhere In Sight.

Payback's a bitch
It was June 11th and I had nothing to do all day. Looking around my room I noticed a game cartridge, Pokemon Emerald. That's right I stole it from my cousin yesterday at his birthday party. I don't know he knows, afterall I stole his Pokemon Pearl game and Mario Kart. And his Pokemon Crystal game years before that. I sold the other three and was going to do the same thing with Emerald.

But for some reason I felt a strange pull, deciding it would cure boredom I popped it in the DS, after taking several minutes to realize that a GBA cartridge can be played on the DS. Then I clicked Pokemon Emerald and the title screen showed up.

Something weird happened though, the green Pokemon, I think Rayquaza? I wasn't as big of a Pokemon fan as I was in the olden days so I wasn't hip to these games, but I gotten some knowledge. This Pokemon though had blood dripping from it's fangs though, I thought awesome! Pokemon has now decided to put blood in it, maybe I am immature but I think this makes a game good.

Clicking start I saw my cousin had some game already up, so I clicked Start a New game. That was weird a Green Golbat showed up, I thought they were purple? Whatever I thought, the Golbat asked "Are you sure... Thief?" I had no idea what the Golbat was talking about, sure I stole it but how can it know I did it. Shaking my head I clicked yes. Suddenly a screeching noise and what sounded like screams of anger and pain which also sounded like Pokemon could be heard, I had to cover my ears as the screen went to black.

After a moment the game finally started, after some clicking and choosing my name to be JK, my initials I went to choose my starter.

Weird because Littleroot Town as it was called look odd. There were random pixels of Pokemon standing next to the house. A Pachirisu, A Gastrodon. Don't ask me how I know these Pokemon, it's like their names just popped up in my head. And there was even a Lugia standing on the rooftop, and there was also a Green Golbat. Ignoring them for them I headed to the lab and talked to the Professor, however he only responded with this "..." before moving to the pokeballs. Taking a hint I should pick them up, not knowing something wasn't right I picked the pokeball up to show a Treecko.

"That looks cool" I muttered before selecting Treecko, happy with what I chose I walked out of the lab and just walked around, nothing happened though, those Pokemon disappeared however.

When I went into the grass the battle started, I found it odd that this Pokemon I never seen called Pachirisu was already at a high level, about lv40 and it's nickname was called Static.

Deciding to attack I saw Treecko had one move, called Abandon. Now that was really strange, chalking it up to the game I clicked it, Treecko did nothing however when I looked at Pachirisu I jumped, it was staring at me with a hateful look.

"Pachii!" I heard come out of the speakers, I turned it down confused "Pachirisu!" I heard the same thing screech now despite the sound was down. Then Pachirisu attacked with an attack called Thief. Expecting it to do nothing I was shocked when Treecko suddenly vanished for a moment then appeared behind Pachirisu who was still smirking at me.

"Let's see how you like, THIEF!" it said in a text box before what sounded like Pachirisu screeching at the top of it's lungs, then I appeared back in the grass. "Wait where's my Treecko!" I exclaimed opening up my party. Treecko was not in it however there were six Golbats, all green taken it's place. Only one of them was called Katie, the others were named Thief.

Now I only played Red, Blue, Gold and Silver but I knew this stuff didn't happen. I looked at Golbat's stats and was startled at the sight of Golbat staring at me, it's eyes looked like they were glaring right into my soul. "Baaat" I heard a low groan say from the speakers. I looked at the ID.

"Wait, that's not right" I said, I knew the ID would be of me, but instead this was Charles... Charles that was the name of my cousin! He even had his trainer as Charles, surely that can't mean anything. I realized that this Golbat was level 40.

"Hey, I bet I can just run through this game" I said smirking. So exiting the start menu, but not before hearing another "Goolbaat" voice drone angrily.

Walking on through the patches of grass nothing happened. No Pokemon appeared, no trainers wanted to fight me. Wait scratch that I thought as a trainer walked up to me.

"I am not going to fight you, you will STEAL MY POKEMON!" the text box shouted before the little sprite of a boy ran away from my sprite. That was really weird. Walking a bit further I saw an Lugia sprite in front of me. "Awesome, I am going to catch it!" I shouted happily and went to talk to it, however a text box appeared with "Lugia: "..." and then something that I didn't see coming happened. Lugia used Aeroblast against my sprite sending him flying into the sky.

"This is a really weird game" I said to myself. So the screen went black for a few moments, however two red eyes could be seen before disappearing and I appeared in a small cave like area. Pokemon surrounded me though. A Shiny Golbat, Pachirisu, Palkia, Gastrodon, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Lugia. I have no idea where they came from though.

"What is this?" I asked, suddenly an Blaziken appeared in front of my sprite but he was bigger then Rayquaza. He was staring directly at me.

"You stole my brethren... Those destined to move on to Diamond and Pearl... You stole from your cousin" but instead of a text box it was a dark voice from the speakers, and somehow I could tell Blaziken was the one speaking. And every single of the sprites they weren't staring at the trainer, they were staring directly at me. Decaying before my very eyes. "You stole them... You took them away and erased their existence... You stole from your cousin, the cousin who loves every single one of his family members and would do anything for them which includes YOU!" Blaziken roared. The screen went black and the Pachirisu Static appeared in the darkness but it was very close and not like it's sprite, more like an Anime version.

"How could you! I was meant to be in the Pokemon League! I never got to taste victory and win with my Master. CHARLES!" Pachirisu said in a crying voice before it's fangs became covered in blood, he started decaying, his eyes shrinking into his eye sockets, flesh and bones could be seen from where he was peeling.

"Now I will never be! None of us will ever be Champions because you stole what was rightfully his! You stole Pearl before we could finish the Pokemon League!" Pachirisu cried even more, it's cries were so loud it hurt my ears.

Now it disappeared and a Gastrodon appeared, it's skin was peeling off, his shell was cracked and his mouth was gaped open like a zombie, you could see everything coming off. "My Name is Juimmy. Static, I and four other Pokemon were in training to defeat the Pokemon League all on our own. We were from the Pokemon Pearl game you stole! Now we will make you pay for the crime you committed! Crime does pay!" Jimmy the Gastrodon growled as he howled and the game started flashing, showing every single Pokemon that were apparently in Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Pearl... The two games I stole... The two games I stole from my cousin!

Pachirisu appeared with an menacing look still decaying "Now you are getting it. You erased us, you sold us for money! I wanted to be the best Pachirisu there ever was, I wanted to reach a very high level! And you stole me. Now everything you have, will be stolen from you" Pachirisu said before cackling.

Suddenly I fell from my chair that I sat on as it disappeared. Soon everything in my room started to disappear. My computer, my games, my bed, my DVDS everything I ever own. Once I was sitting in a bare room I noticed my clothes also disappeared.

"Why are you doing this! It's just a game! He will get over it!" I cried to the DS, knowing I could hear them somehow then they must to. Suddenly a large roar could be heard. Static appeared again.

"No he didn't. You stole his Pokemon Cards when he was twelve. He didn't trust you then. But slowly.. Very slowly his trust in you started to return, then you stole Pokemon Crystal. He believed he lost it. Then a year or two later Pokemon Pearl was taken from him. Then he knew, oh you think he doesn't know? OH HE KNOWS!" Static screamed at me and electricity suddenly shot at me, I screamed and howled in pain as it went through me before stopping. Looking at the screen I was crying as Pachirisu and the other Pokemon appeared again.

"You are a thief, you are a thief! You are a thief! And you must pay for what you have done! Anytime you have a girlfriend, she will be stolen from you. Anything you love will hurt and betray you because you betrayed your cousin's trust. Payback's a bitch ain't it?" Pachirisu asked.

"No! NO! Please stop it! I only stole it! They are just games! He won't care!" I cried, then the screen showed something else. It was my cousin's room!. "This is his reaction when Pearl was stolen" Pachirisu's voice could be heard. I had to watch as my cousin discovered it was missing on Easter and went looking for it, he called everyone including me.

"He called you, he asked you if you accidentally took it. He placed the benefit of the doubt in you and you lied to him!" Static's haunting voice growled. My cousin looked quite upset to find Pearl was missing.

Then it was another day and he was searching for Emerald only this time he was with another cousin of mine and his. "I bet it was my cousin, he stole Pearl and he stole Emerald as well. I can't believe this I trusted him" Charles said to his cousin, I didn't know what to do but the screen faded and they appeared again.

"THIEF! THIEF! TRAITOR! BACKSTABBER!" all of the Pokemon chanted angrily and then another jolt of electricity hit me, I screamed as the DS and Pokemon Emerald disappeared, the last thing I owned now gone. I cradled myself and cried as their voices could still be heard chanting Thief!

"I am sorry! I am so sorry! I am so sorry! Forgive me! I will never steal another thing from him! Leave me alone!" I cried so hard.

"Let this be a lesson to all thieves! Steal your brother's, sister's, cousin's, friend's or even stranger's Pokemon games and we will come for you!JUSTICE will prevail! You will never escape!" Pachirisu's voice could be heard again.

A few hours and I was found by my parents screaming "Leave me alone! I am sorry!" they couldn't find out what was wrong and what happened to my stuff. I confessed to my cousin over the phone but the voices wouldn't stop, my cousin's voice would haunt me long as I live "I trusted you... I even tried thinking maybe you didn't after it was obivous you did my games. I tried.. And you backstabbed me, I know we weren't close.. But if this is what I mean to you, then don't ever call me again" he said, his voice full of betrayal before hanging up.

I was still weeping and cradling so I was taken to an asylum, and that's when it started. Other people who had stolen Pokemon games and erased the data forever or sold it started appearing in the asylum ranting the same thing. Pachirisu's words were true, they were striking back in fierce anger.

Awesome story!

For those too lazy to read...

Pachirisu used Payback!
It's super effective!

Thank you to you both, I was afraid it wasn't going to be as good, but I am glad people well two liked it, note I do not wish any actual harm on my cousin or that he should be driven to insanity. But Karma has it's ways and who knows how it chooses to strike back. Of course I want him to realize what he did and pay for it but I mean like a slap on the wrist or his games get stolen, he is family still so I wouldn't wish physical harm.

Thank you to you both, I was afraid it wasn't going to be as good, but I am glad people well two liked it, note I do not wish any actual harm on my cousin or that he should be driven to insanity. But Karma has it's ways and who knows how it chooses to strike back. Of course I want him to realize what he did and pay for it but I mean like a slap on the wrist or his games get stolen, he is family still so I wouldn't wish physical harm.

don't you worry, i also believe in Karma, but, have you spoken to him about it?, a conversation may be something that you both need to ensure your family Bond, well, just my oppinion anyway.

Flames- lol thanks, for me it actually makes me more sad then creepy, but that's because I wish I still had those Pokemon. Both Static and a Pachirisu in a story of mine made me love Pachirisu

Serp- Not really, I don't think he's the type who talks and stuff. I just hide all of my stuff now or aleast my games. Although even his mother knows he steal things and probably sold mine (That's how I believe he sold them) ironically my own mother doesn't think he stole them.

Flames- lol thanks, for me it actually makes me more sad then creepy, but that's because I wish I still had those Pokemon. Both Static and a Pachirisu in a story of mine made me love Pachirisu

Serp- Not really, I don't think he's the type who talks and stuff. I just hide all of my stuff now or aleast my games. Although even his mother knows he steal things and probably sold mine (That's how I believe he sold them) ironically my own mother doesn't think he stole them.

oh... that's a shame, i had my Pokémon Crystal stolen, no less by my cousin too, but i talked to him and we managed to keep things right, he gave it back to me, i still hide my stuff, so it won't happen again, but my cousin, aside from that, was a good person, but it doesn't hurt to be protective isn't it...
i'm sure that if it happens again i won't be able to forgive him...
also: My mom also didn't believe in me, because that cousin is like the family's darling, but i had him tell her after that.

Guys, this is not the place to discuss our family histories. Feel free to take it to PMs/VMs/whatever, but this is NOT the place.

dunno if this was already posted but oh well
A Kanghaskan that never was...
Kangaskhan are widely known as one of the more maternal Pokemon than others. The baby Kangaskhan is born into the mother's pouch and lives off its mother's milk to grow the natural muscles and gain the proper nutrients for growth. When the baby grows too big for its mother's pouch, is when the baby can leave and start defending for itself.
But what happens if the mother dies during the baby's first few months of life? The baby hasn't any muscles nor defensive plates like its mother to defend itself. Stranded, the baby waits by its mother's carcass, fending off insect Pokemon and other scavengers, protecting its only home and source of comfort. As the mother's muscles soften, the baby feeds off the body, but because it's not the mother's special milk, the baby will never grow to be the size of a full grown Kangaskhan. Barely staying alive by feeding off its mother's body, the baby waits patiently for the carcass to decompose. When the body is nothing but bones and body plates, the baby takes the skull and a bone from the arm, fitting the skull of its mother on its head like a helmet. At first, the helmet is very large and sits on the baby's shoulders, but eventually as it grows, it will grow to fit in the helmet. Using the bone from the arm as a weapon, the baby slowly turns into a Cubone, a malnourished, orphaned baby Kangaskhan. Cubone prefer to be alone and cry at the moon because the texture of the moon reminds the once baby Kangaskhan of its mothers skin and defense plates. When the Cubone reaches a certain age, it evolves into a Marowak, or what is considered the ghost of a Kangaskhan that never was.

^^ please do, but please no more Pokémon Black/Lavender Syndrome/Snow on Red's cap, we've had enough of that~! xD

A Kanghaskan that never was is based on truth.A cubone is a baby Kanghaskan without its mum.But eating its corpse?I dont know....maybe.

I havnt heard of Snow on Reds cap.Or maybe I have...

My first CreepyPasta

here's my first try, i need a little bit of criticism, but not too harsh

So I got my first GBA pokemon game today, I had started in Diamond and Pearl, anyways-so I booted it up, everything was normal, until i got to the town where you get the bike, (this is in Ruby, and yet I forget the towns name) somehow I was missing a badge, I had earned it, But I couldn't use the HM. About 3 months after I packed it away-my older sister wanted to try it, (she had played some through Red or Blue, I forget) again, everything was normal. After awhile she got bored with it, I started yet another new file.

Here's where it gets weird, all the old data from when i lost a badge, and from the guy before who had this (i got it on Ebay),
were mashed, Every other letter in the name was from his file, the other letters were from mine, I tried to ignore this, yet something was even weirder.

I tried going to the party, a notice comes up on the game saying: "We're sorry, all of your pokemon died, I guess you shouldn't have let your sister play, and deleted the files!" I freaked out, and turned the GBA off. About 6 months later, I was bored, and thought:"hey, isn't there that... NO! not using that! Well... maybe just a try..." I booted up Everything, and-wait, where's that creepy file? the continue button is gone! I guess I'll have to start a new file... again.

Somehow, Birch's preach about pokemon was replaced with:"You killed all your pokemon, all this restarting, and you know where they go? they go to the source of misery here-remember D/P/P? you used your Action Replay for that, didn't you? Well now it's payback time!" the screen turned black, this awful screeching noise played, (I have a togepi doll, and I named it Diana as if it were in the games a long time ago) Diana showed up on the screen after about a minute of screeches-screams-creepyness stuff.

Diana was covered in blood, I could see all the pokemon: My old Grovyle, that guys Blazekin, And my Sisters Torchic, Someones Mudkip, just then-they all turned into ghost sprites. Diana however, was still a Togepi, but she had claws, fangs, and her eyes were pitch black holes, not to mention she was still covered in blood.

I whispered:"what did I do? This is a game! I-I don't need you!"
Diana looked like she wanted to kill me, She came closer to the "surface" of the screen, until all you could see was red.
I realized it was it was 6-dinner time, My mom said she was making soup. She usually calls me down for dinner-I realized I couldn't hear my dad, or my Friend who was spending the night.

I went downstairs, still holding the GBA, I saw everyone dead, except my sister, she had a knife, but next to her-was the doll, also holding a knife. My sister told me to grab a knife and fight it off, where as the doll said:"help me... she-... she killed them..." then Diana "died", or so i thought.

So later my sister and I lived off the rest of our food for awhile, then There was this... flash. I saw a vision of my sister killing my parents and my friend. I screamed, she asked if I was ok, with the knife still in my hand, I brought it higher, Then I saw a reflection-it was my old pokemon-there was some blood and it spelled out:"Don't", "Fall", "for", "it" spelled in unknown.
the blood then made a picture of Diana, with a knife, then one of me with a knife, then-me stabbing her with it.

I realized the GBA was still on, I took the knife, and stabbed it. I then passed out.

I woke up 10 days later in a mental hospital, realizing my parents-and friend were there. I hugged them all. not realizing-that they were the corpses, I cried myself to sleep every night after that, but one thing-what happened to the GBA?

I know it's kinda long-but I spent awhile on it.
Some of this is actually true, mostly only the beginning though.

Last edited:
well there bits of missing info in the pasta

also ive heard of a glitch wich is in the original pokemon games its called pokemon 731

Last edited:
A Kanghaskan that never was is based on truth.A cubone is a baby Kanghaskan without its mum.But eating its corpse?I dont know....maybe.

I havnt heard of Snow on Reds cap.Or maybe I have...

actually the Kanghaskan-Cubone thing is just fan speculation, don't take me the wrong way, i believe in it aswell, but there's no proof, and snow on Red's cap was a joke on Snow on Mt. Silver, which is a well known creepypasta, you can find it in this thread's first pages i think.

Since we're allowed to re–post... I think I'll repost Snow on Mt. Silver, since it's my favorite one, even more than Black and Lost Silver. Found here here.

EASTER EGG - SNOW ON MT. SILVER

So, my brother and I, we kinda grew up on pokemon. Around here a lot of kids did. It worked out perfectly for us, too- every time a new gen came out one of us would get one version, one of us would get the other, and since our mum liked to spoil us a bit we both got the 3rd one. This is going to sound, at first, like a bittersweet story about two siblings who grow up with a couple of games that eventually take them down two different roads… Well, it’s a little more than that.

The years rolled by, we kept collecting. Gameboys got old; we replaced them. Cartridges finally gave out, we picked up new copies. But we started down two completely different roads before R/S/E came out. See, around then my brother got a Gameshark. We had heard all the hacks and cheats you could do with them, even if we were kind of late to the party, and they sounded awfully cool.
Our first guinea pig cartridge was my brother’s old Blue version. We just dicked around with it a little bit, nothing major. But whatever we did fucked the cartridge up. After just a couple of code entries, it glitched out completely and became unplayable. Naturally we were upset at first; my brother mourned the loss of his hours of work, and I was sympathetic. I told him, “It’s okay, we can replace it I guess. Stupid shark was a waste of money.”
But here our paths finally differed. After seeing the mess it had turned Blue version into, I had become opposed to the idea of hacking or cheating any of my games. (What can I say? I’m a chick. I feel feelings for the little pixel-critters.) At least with that gameshark. But my brother had taken his game’s destruction as a personal challenge or something- don’t think he ever played a game after that which wasn’t hacked somehow. Yeah, we played a shit ton of pokemon, man. But for us there really wasn’t much else to do; we live way out in the country without many other kids, and the farmers didn’t want us on their property… so… we played pokemon out on the lawn just about all day, every day. It was pretty awesome to us, at least.
We lost the gameshark when our rooms got moved around. A new addition was built onto our house and it disappeared in the mess of shit that got stuffed into the new closet.

R/S/E arrived, and after playing through them once we were both in agreement that they were definitely lacking in comparison to the last gen. We both tried another honest play-through, and though we managed to finish, it left us both yearning for some good old-fashioned nostalgia. Where were our old G/S/C cartridges, though? It took us probably a month to dig through the boxes we’d been too lazy to open up before, but we finally found one full of a shitload of all our old electronics: My old purple Gameboy Color still worked, his red one could no longer hold batteries in place. Both of our GBAs were fine, though, along with our snakelights and link cables, that one with the nifty little connector in the middle that I had always wrapped up oh-so-carefully to avoid fraying the wires and condemning it to the trash like our last cable.
We both grabbed up everything we could. It was so nice to have Yellow (which had been my first and most cherished game of any series, not just pokemon) and Red and Gold back.
We went through the motions of checking our old files, taking in all the old memories, and eventually we figured the gen 1 stuff was just too nostalgic to get rid of. I restarted Gold, he restarted Silver. Immediately he snatched the Gameshark out of the box and slipped it into the back of his GBA. I just shook my head at him. I remember what I said to him.

“That thing will kill your game, you know.”

He never had liked me preaching to him about ‘abusing pixels.’ I shut my mouth after that, but it had put him off playing with me. I guess it was just one time too many or something; I oughta know to keep my thoughts to myself, really…

It was a couple of days later that it happened. I was out on the porch, gameboy in-hand, just about to go into the E4 when I realized I needed a little help. My team was ill-balanced thanks to my playing through for leisure, and at the time I was no great trainer that could pull off gimmick runs. I knew that my brother had been two badges ahead of me when we’d last checked with one another, so I was hoping maybe he’d let me borrow a poke or two just for this run-through.
Now, the thing is that I’d spent the last 24 hours at a friend’s place. I had literally come home, dumped my bag in my room, and crept out into the sun with my GBA to play. I had no idea what he’d been up to. For all I knew he was done with the game and onto a new one… which, I figured, was all the better for me since he wouldn’t need those pokemon and I’d stand a better chance of nicking a few. So I got up and went into the house, and when I was crossing the living room I noticed all of his pokemon games lying on the floor. Some of the cartridges had been mangled, like they’d been hacked at with something sharp. Even his old Blue version, long ago dead and too sentimental to throw away, was lying with the plastic cut ragged, split almost halfway up one side, completely unusable anymore even if it would have worked.
I was a little scared. This had to have happened this morning, otherwise our mum would have seen and they wouldn’t be lying on the carpet. Tucking my GBA into my pocket, I crept over to his room and found the door unlocked. Somehow that was even more concerning.

I walked in and found my brother sitting on the edge of his bed. His GBA was in pieces on the floor at his feet, smashed to bits. Next to him on the bed were a hammer and our mother’s gardening scissors. His face was paler than I’d ever seen it, whiter than the time we’d gone corning and the old guy up the street, legally blind and a raving nutcase, had come and chased us into the trees with a shotgun. It was now I also noticed the gameshark on the ground, and a silver cartridge corner poking from under his bed. Somehow they had been spared the wrath of the hammer.

“Are you okay?” I asked. I remember the chills that ran through me. He was my little brother. Seeing him like this was horrifying.
“It was awful,” I remember him rasping, and the way his voice rattled made my knees weak. “Oh god. White everywhere, and then BLACK…”

I remember running over and hugging him. And I remember, his limp arm fell and brushed the gameboy in my pocket, and his sudden scream, right in my ear, making me jump and bite my tongue by accident. He ripped the handheld from my pocket and hurled it at the far wall. I cried out at the dent the plastic system made there, running over to collect it. The screen had gone dark, and though I feared the worst when I flicked the switch it powered up normally. I waited there in the corner, trying to pretend the GBA mattered enough not to go and run for our mum.

The volume was on.

The pokemon theme started up, and he screamed again, picking up the hammer. This time /I/ screamed, too, and ran from the room with my GBA clutched to my chest like a shield.

He ended up in the psyche ward of the hospital for two days. When we went to visit him, I left my GBA at home. No one could figure out what had set off his strange, manic behavior. There was some talk that I didn’t understand at the time about some kind of disorder he may or may not have had, but even though mum and I had collected and brought in all the cut-up cartridges to be looked at (mum’s idea, not mine), no one had even thought to tie it back to the game… maybe that was my fault. I hadn’t said a word about what had happened when he had accidentally touched my Gameboy, or the blind, white terror he had been thrown into when the music had started.
On my last visit to the hospital before school on the second day, I was left alone in the room with him while mum had some private talk with the doctor about precautions to take should this happen again. I sat in a chair next to the bed where he was staring at the ceiling. But then suddenly he sat up, making me flinch.
“Hey,” he told me, “Angie. Go in my room when you get home.”

I didn’t understand what he meant, and then I remembered the things we hadn’t packed up and brought in… the game and the hacking tool under his bed.

“Get rid of them. I don’t ever want to play with them ever again.”

His voice was so weary and desperate… he sounded like an old man on his deathbed. My poor, damaged little brother… how could I refuse?

“Promise you’ll get rid of them.”

“Okay. I promise.”

I was carted off to school late, and through the whole day I only had my promise to him in my head. I didn’t know it at the time, but this would be the last time that I could ever play the big-sister role and help him out. I just had to get home and get rid of that game… but as the day went on a sick curiosity started to go through my own head. What could possibly have happened to that game that scared him so badly? I was scared, myself, but I just had to know. I had to.

I got home and went right into his room, bent on uncovering whatever horror was waiting for me. Mum had since vacuumed the room, and the cartridge and gameshark were no longer visible. I got down and crawled half under the bed, feeling timid but holding onto the promise I made as my badge of courage. Under the bed there was enough dust to make me cough, enough old legos and various other toys that I couldn’t set my elbow down without it landing on something. But I finally saw both objects. They’d been shoved to the corner, on top of a notebook that looked too new to have been down here long. Unthinking, I grabbed the corner of the paper and dragged everything out with me, still wheezing from the dust. (Allergies and all.)
They looked so innocent, simple toys and a simple, spiral-bound bunch of papers. When I set Silver version and the gameshark on the floor, I took a closer look at the notebook. On it were scrawled at least twenty different cheat codes, but one had been scratched out with sharpie over where it had initially been drawn in with pen. This was confusing. He had REALLY tried to erase it out- the marker had been pressed to the paper so hard that ink soaked through most of the pages behind it, almost 2/3rds of the way to the card-stock back cover. But pen has a way of sticking around. I picked up the notebook and tilted it backward in the light, and the reflective surface of the sharpie revealed the indents that had been left where he’d written. The code was an unintelligible mess of letters and numbers, but the words next to it confused me.

“Easter Egg - Snow on Mt. Silver”

I remembered what he had said when I’d found him… he had been raving about white, white and then black… could he mean snow? Even though it was only August and the temperature was still climbing to 90 degrees every day, a chill ran down my spine. Did I dare…?

I picked everything up and brought it to my room, and laid it out on the carpet in front of me with my own GBA next to it. For a long time I just stared down at it, and the longer I looked, the more maniacal Lugia’s face became on the sticker… like some kind of twisted grin, like it was daring me to find out what had happened to my brother. I was a 14 year old kid. Did I really want to tempt fate and risk ending up like him? I glared down at Lugia for awhile longer.

I had to see.
I slid Gold out of my GBA and stuck Silver in in its place. It took me almost 15 minutes to compose myself and turn it on.

It started up normally. I left the sound on low, too afraid of what I might hear to keep it up the full way, and too curious to turn it the whole way off. The title screen was normal, too. Lugia again, but somehow menacing despite my common sense telling me it was exactly the same picture as every other time I had started up the game. How bad could this be? I asked myself. His notes said Easter egg. Didn’t that mean that that was coding already in the game?
The menu came up… still absolutely normal. His character was Blake, with a mostly filled pokedex… but the time was odd. 999:99. I KNEW he couldn’t have been playing that long… I had barely logged 50 hours on my own game and I was at the E4… and I was playing slowly. Probably the result of his hacking fucking up his file, I thought. Well, whatever then…
The game started up, and the first thing I noticed was the prolonged black screen. It took almost a minute for anything to change… and there was no sound at all. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up already, but it was too late to turn back.

Finally, a very dim sort of map came onto the screen… but it looked like static. What was going on? I squinted down and realized with a fearsome pang that it was actually the Mt. Silver map… but what I thought was static was heavy-falling snow. So this was where he had last saved his game. I checked his party… a very normal team for someone who’d been using a Gameshark: Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium, Pidgeot, Tyranitar, Lugia, all level 100 with modded moves… typical for him. Something about the sprites was… strange, though. They seemed sullen, in a way. Their colors seemed washed-out, and their expressions lacked the usual vigor they normally had. I chalked this up to missing pixels or something, also due to the hacking…
The map had brightened up just a smidgeon when I closed out of the start menu. Indeed, snow was somehow falling very heavily; pixels danced across the screen so fast it was hard to see the little sprite that was my brother’s character. Something was off about him, too. When I checked the information, it was the same as the pokemon sprites; the colors were dull. In fact, now that I thought about it, he almost looked frostbitten.

My stomach tightened, and I turned and tried to move back down the mountain. As I hit the bottom of the screen, words popped up, and there was finally a sound – my sprite hitting an invisible wall.

“I can’t turn back now.”

That was… unsettling. I went into my pokemon and tried to use Pidgeot’s ‘Fly’ ability.

“I can’t fly in this!” obviously referring to the snow.

‘Fuck this,’ I thought, going into his bag. There was an escape rope. I tried using it.

“I can’t go back anymore.”

What was going on? Once again, I tried to walk back down the mountain, and to my horror the words changed with every attempt.

“I can’t run away.”
“I can’t go back down.”

“I can never go back.”

This last one sent a frigid feeling through my heart. There was no way down the mountain. I had to climb. Turning the little sprite around, I moved him forward.

No resistance at all, though my walking speed was oddly slow. What was truly weird was the lack of grass, of trainers, of anything at all but that white snow, which still blew across the screen and made it almost impossible to see.
As I moved further “up” the mountain, his walking speed became slower, and slower. The static curtain of pixels grew thicker, so that I could barely make out the features of the map… but it seemed like the only way to move was straight ahead anyway. I reached what looked like a set of stairs at the very top edge of the screen. I didn’t remember this being there before. As I tried to move up, the little sprite paused.

“I’m cold.”

By now even I was getting goosebumps. His walking speed had become painfully slow, as if somehow he was being impeded. Up the little staircase…

More text on the screen.

“Meganium has died.”

What the fuck, I thought. Pokemon don’t die in these games. I checked in my party, and was frightened and confused by what I saw.

Meganium’s sprite had been replaced by a red X. All of my other pokemon sported varying degrees of damage, though I hadn’t battled once. I went into my bag and found a single revive, and tried to use it.

“It’s too late,” it said. What kind of easter egg was this?

There wasn’t much else I could do… trying to turn around yielded the same messages as before. So I kept moving.

“Pidgeot has died.”

I checked again… sure enough, there was the little red X. This time I selected it and looked at the pokemon itself, trying to figure out what was wrong… I wished I hadn’t.
The sprite was mangled; pieces of it were missing. What was left was splotched with a sickish blue-grey color, and its eye was a solid black pit. I flipped down to Meganium- same deal, a leg missing, a chunk of its neck, most of its head, save that pitch-black, dead eye.

Morbid curiosity urged me onward, and the path never deviated from the straight upward road I’d traveled the entire time. Along the way, every now and then, another party pokemon would ‘die’ and examination of its sprite would show it was in the same condition as the others. Until all that was left was Typhlosion. One more stair case was up ahead. I climbed it, braced for whatever horror awaited me.

I hit the summit.

It was deserted – Red was nowhere to be found.

The snow had stopped falling.

In the very center of the map was something sticking out of the snow. It looked like a pokeball. Okay, maybe all this creepy shit lead up to some climactic, final battle using whatever was in THERE. If I picked it up, maybe Red would come out of hiding. I walked over an examined it, and there was a burst of static noise from my game that made me jump.

What appeared on the screen was a battle animation, my trainer sprite appearing, his skin tinged blue… against another mangled pokemon sprite.

It was Celebi.
In the center of that black hole that was its eye, a single red dot burned out like an ember. The thing looked rotted. I didn’t even throw out my mostly-dead typhlosion before it had moved.

“Celebi used Perish Song.”

A screech came out of my GBA, and I almost dropped it as the screen went white. A part of me was relieved, thinking that my final pokemon had been KO’d and I would be transported to a pokemon center… but I was wrong. My sprite reappeared in what looked like a cave; was in now inside the mountain? I checked my trainer card and felt sick. The sprite was just as mauled as the pokemon had been; a leg gone. A single eye remaining, pitch-black and so, so sad looking, tears welled up at the corner… And every color on him was replaced by those sick shades of frosty blue-and-grey. Every stat on the card was reduced to 0, except the time, which still read 999:99.

I quickly moved back to the map. His sprite there mimicked the horror it had become on the trainer card; pieces were missing, everything was discolored. I started trying to walk, and at first I received a message.

“It’s so cold.”

There was only one direction to go- upward. I moved on, and every now and then would be stopped by a message that made my heart sink lower and lower.
“Mother…”

“It feels so cold…”

“I can’t go on…”

The walls, as I walked, became darker and darker, until they were pitch-black at the end.

There was an exit there, marked only by a white outline. I had no other choice but to go through it.

It opened into a chamber that was also solid white… the only way to distinguish the walls was a thin grey line that marked them as separate from the floor. Against the far wall there was another sprite. Red’s sprite. Intact. I had come this far… I had to finish this. I walked right up to him and hit A.

“…”

A battle started.

Red’s sprite had none of the deformities that marred my own. The colors were the same blues and greys, but he was intact. He just looked… extremely sad. His first pokemon came out; Venusaur. It was just like my own had been… but level 0, with a speck of health. I sent out typlosion, who had just 6 hitpoints left. No pokemon made a sound when they were brought into battle.

“Venusaur used struggle!”

There was no animation, just a single point of damage done to typhlosion, and then the opposing sprite dropped off the screen.

“Venusaur has died!”

There was no text asking me to switch out. Instead, there was just what I took to be dialogue from Red.

“…”
His next pokemon was Blastoise, even more mangled than Venusaur had been. It too struggled and died. After each round there was that ominous “…” from their trainer. Every sprite was more damaged than the last; his Espeon was barely distinguishable as a pokemon. I realized somewhere he was sending them out all out of order, which saved one pokemon for last…

Pikachu came out, and it was grotesque. It, too, was discolored like it was frostbitten. It was missing an ear, half its body and tail, its head was mostly intact but its eyes were much larger than they should have been, and glared out at me like pitch-black windows into hell… but the thing that got me the most was the giant smile that extended almost all the way to the edges of its head. Its health was somehow at 0, or at least looked that way.
My hands were shaking. I didn’t get a chance to attack.

“Pikachu used Pain Split.”

“Pikachu has died! Typhlosion has died!”

It cut back to the image of Red’s sprite… and now it looked like mine, with his body so butchered it looked like a carcass stripped of most of its meat… except it had those same, soulless, deranged eyes as pikachu.

I finally understood what happened. They were dead. They were dead, and this sublevel of the mountain was the hell they now existed in.

Red finally spoke.
“It’s over.”

The screen flashed black and white for a moment.

“ used Destiny Bond!”

A horrible, hideous screeching started to issue from my GBA. The screen went white and it shrieked at me, and I threw it to the floor and pressed my back against the bed. The horrible noise continued for several long moments while the screen stayed white.

Then went black.

Then there was silence.

It took me a long few moments, but I eventually stood up. I took the gameshark. I took the notebook. I took that fucking possessed game. I picked them all up and carried them to the garbage can we had already set out for morning pickup, at the end of our long, winding driveway… and I threw them in. When I got back to the house, I don’t know what made me do it, but I picked up yellow version and inserted it into my Gameboy… I think it was part of me determined to make sure I hadn’t somehow been tainted as well.
The music started up. The game played. I turned to my pikachu and hit A.

Its smiling face greeted me with an ear twitch and a big, pixelated smile. A pleasant, normal smile. I turned my game off, and spent the next hour crying on the floor.

My brother and I never did play pokemon together again – he gave it up for good. I stuck to replaying my comforting, unhacked games.

That winter, the snow fell thick.

This one here? Its very good!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom