• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, May 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a short season then. Its clearly obvious this title can't be used for the BW anime starting in September.

Scott, I'd expect YOU of all people to actually remember something I posted 2353462523 times here by now...
Season 6 - it had the 12 last eps of the original series (Johto saga) which used the "Master Quest" OP and the first 40 eps of the AG series which used the "Advanced" OP

A similar case can happen now again
The only reason I still have some doubts is the fact they made Season 9 47 eps only to start DP with Season 10 - but 47 is REALLY close to 52 so it makes sense
This time, if BW start in September, they'll only have abot a little more than 30 eps of DP to use in this season... and I seriously doubt they'll make a season less than AT LEAST 40 eps

We'll have to see how they deal with this...

anyways it would be so much easier if we didn't have seasons, that way they wouldn't have to come up with these titles, every time they needed to

How exactly would it be easier not to have seasons? It's much easier to sell packages of 52 episodes to the different channels over the world than it'd be to randomly sell a few eps every few months...
Also, they don't really HAVE to make seasons titles
They could easily title it "Pokémon: Season 13" if they only wanted
I guess the title change is a try to make it seem more "new" and exciting...

I tend to cling to things I want before being proven utterly wrong.

"Let it go..." - I can't remember, who said this line?

It is possible PUSA gets these eps to dub even before they air in Japan. Maybe PUSA knows already how Sinnoh ends.

I think it's pretty obvious this is the case

For the title itself... it's OK... I don't really care much
Sadly, it does make Ash/League to sound more important than Dawn/GF but I think I have to admit it is the case... Ash is still a little more important, even if they're pretty much equals... I guess it'll forever stay this way

Last edited:
I hope Ash wins the league. We still don't have the confirmed release date of the BW games, do we?

I hope Ash wins the league. We still don't have the confirmed release date of the BW games, do we?

Now I actually do hope they'll be released later than September... I prefer Season 13 to be DP only, but don't want it to be a short season either (and can't believe they'll do it)
But I still think Ash will lose the League... can't see any other reason for them to randomly throw a legendary user to the League, it's like they really forced themselves to make up an excuse for Ash to lose while Dawn is winning the GF

For the title itself... it's OK... I don't really care much
Sadly, it does make Ash/League to sound more important than Dawn/GF but I think I have to admit it is the case... Ash is still a little more important, even if they're pretty much equals... I guess it'll forever stay this way

Sure doesn't seem like it with Dawn winning the GF, and Ash losing yet another league. If they were equals in terms of main character importance, both of them would defeat their rivals and become champions.

But I digress, you've made some good points in the past regarding these circumstances.

We both probably sound like broken records now, but I hope he at least gets to the finals. If he does, I'll be a happy camper.

Now I actually do hope they'll be released later than September... I prefer Season 13 to be DP only, but don't want it to be a short season either (and can't believe they'll do it)
But I still think Ash will lose the League... can't see any other reason for them to randomly throw a legendary user to the League, it's like they really forced themselves to make up an excuse for Ash to lose while Dawn is winning the GF

Well they never said the legendary user would be the final battle. Just that Ash would battle a legendary.

For all we know its to show how strong Ash has gotten, and they're putting in another legendary to show him beat more like he did back in Battle Frontier.

I wish the dub title was, "Elite 4 champions," then we would know for sure we would get an E4 arc. :/

I wish the dub title was, "Elite 4 champions," then we would know for sure we would get an E4 arc. :/

Don't think there will be any Elite 4 arc. But I have a feeling that we'll get to see Ash battle Cynthia in a unofficial match, and actually do pretty well against her before losing.

I think Ash is more likely to quickly lose to Cynthia, if they do battle...

Wow. Way to ignore Dawn. Couldn't it just be Sinnoh Victors?

This is coming from the people who named the last season "Galactic Battles" despite Team Galactic only appearing in 6 episodes.

"Sinnoh League Victors" isn't all that unusual given that 4kids had something like "Johto League Champions" and that didn't even have the Johto League.

Sinnoh League Victors, however could apply to the 2 people who managed to get to the final stage in the Sinnoh League, so if it is anywhere accurate, it could mean Ash does get to the final stage.

"Sinnoh League Victors" isn't all that unusual given that 4kids had something like "Johto League Champions" and that didn't even have the Johto League.

Sinnoh League Victors, however could apply to the 2 people who managed to get to the final stage in the Sinnoh League, so if it is anywhere accurate, it could mean Ash does get to the final stage.

4kids had no idea what they were doing, PUSA at least seems to get episode info ahead of time.

4kids had no idea what they were doing, PUSA at least seems to get episode info ahead of time.

My point was just because of the title, it doesn't automatically mean Ash is going to win the Sinnoh League.

Yes I agree about your point that PCI does know information about the Japanese version that we don't know given the fact, there was Galactic Battles, despite no information revealed about the Team Galactic finale.

But at the same time, Ash winning the Sinnoh League makes no sense from what we know. Only if Ash gets booted from the series as the person for gyms, would it make sense.

And as I've already said, it could just mean, Ash is in the finals. And it makes sense, considering there's no such thing as "victors" of a league, there can be only one.

Here's something interesting:

Throughout DP, Dawn and Zoey constantly talked about meeting in the finals of the Grand Festival. At the time, we thought they were just saying that. But as we can see now, that was actually true and the writers made it happen.

In several eps, Ash and Paul talk about how their goal is to win the Sinnoh league, and I think in one ep, one of them said they wanted to challenge Cynthia as well.

What if this is all true as well?

I had a feeling they'd call it this, with the exception of "Victors" in the title. XD

well its alot like the old johto league champions back in the day so its kool hope we get a decent theme more like the originals
i like all pokemon themes but japanese ones have been significantly better lately and the only ones i really like are 1-4 in english

Here's something interesting:

Throughout DP, Dawn and Zoey constantly talked about meeting in the finals of the Grand Festival. At the time, we thought they were just saying that. But as we can see now, that was actually true and the writers made it happen.

In several eps, Ash and Paul talk about how their goal is to win the Sinnoh league, and I think in one ep, one of them said they wanted to challenge Cynthia as well.

What if this is all true as well?

The climax preview talked about:
1. Dawn and Zoey's final promise
2. Ash and Paul's promise to have another full battle with Infernape in the Sinnoh League
So yeah... a huge different with how they decided to advertise the GF and the League... especially when you think about how the GF is full of beginners, including someone using a KRICKETOT, while the Sinnoh League will have a someone using a LEGENDARY... then yeah, they clearly hint that Dawn beat Zoey and win the GF, while Ash beat Paul and lose to the legenadry user...

Ash talked about winning the sinnoh league in many eps.

EP067.png

0109.JPG

It's a hint that they'll be back

Not that it really mean anything, but Ash asked Bertha whether or not she thought he would win the Sinnoh League. I watched a subbed version online, and she did compliment him, saying his willingness to try new things in battle was noteworthy.

In this subbed version she wasn't surprised he managed to get 7 badges, rather she said "I guess that's the best I can expect from a trainer with only 7 badges."

Its great that DP is finally wrapping up in general. I really hope they don't do another 4-year region again.

I've been rewatching DP from the beginning and its a lot more tedious than I remembered. Way too many training episodes, and the lack of interesting character interaction was unfortunate.

Hopefully the 5th gen is a huge departure from this, I don't know if I want to sit through another long saga just like DP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom