• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I think that Ash owning Noivern is awesome. Boomburst being learnt was great too. I like to think that Ash could catch a Trevenent which would be a powerhouse. Either that or Goodra returns.

I said during most of - not all of - Movie 12's promo period. And I didn't even mention Staraptor. :confused:

Tbh it's also not implausible that Ash's XY team might end up incomplete and he might just use reserves at the KL to fill the last spot imho. Kind of like rotation, except not terribly done unlike how it was in BW.
I said Staraptor because we knew Ash was getting a Staraptor and a Monferno by the Arceus movie, and it was before Staravia evolved thus Staravia evolved first, hence why I mentioned it.

We knew Ash was going to get a Monferno more than 14 weeks before Chimchar evolved. In fact we knew about Monferno near the time Gligar evolved or before that.

We knew Monferno was going to happen so some of us thought Chimchar was going to evolve in the summer camp with Angie. As it turned out it was just a random Monferno. So basically I think we knew Chimchar was evolving about a year before it actually happened.

Or perhaps I am mistaken, and that Monferno in the summer camp was something completely different. Okay so maybe it was closer to the Canalave gym, December at that time revealed spoilers for the next movie. But I remember Mamoswine technically being spoiled for the Arceus movie and the Canalave Gym happened after.

I'm confused. But we knew about Monferno a very long time.

I think it would be funny if the writers ignore all of Ash's BW Pokemon like they didn't bother to give Iris or Cilan a cameo in XY. Seems to me the writers are trying to get people to forget BW ever happened.
Contrary to what you might think, writers don't care about random Internet users hating on Best Wishes.

The very fact they bothered to give Iris and Cilan special episodes after BW shows that they care about them as much as any other character.

But what about Ash's Pokemon? They were his least popular team of the series, and I doubt we'll see many of them return. Maybe Krookodile since he was one of his most popular captures that saga, unless they just want to shove Oshawott down our throats again.

I'd much prefer see some DP and AG pokemon return, particularly Infernape, Gible and Glalie...since they need more screentime. Wouldn't mind seeing Torterra finally win a battle too.

I think that Ash owning Noivern is awesome. Boomburst being learnt was great too. I like to think that Ash could catch a Trevenent which would be a powerhouse. Either that or Goodra returns.

Another powerhouse? My good bro Ash has enough already in my opinion.

So Ash is done with captures in XY. Not too surprising, the writers don't want another BW. Even Gible's late capture at the tail-end of DP was rather pointless, especially since it never got to come back and evolve. I remember when BW was airing I thought Ash would bring Gible back to meet Iris but that oddly never happened.

How was that capture pointless when Gible did help Ash beat Conway in the Sinnoh League? Just because it didn't come back and evolve or involve Iris in any way doesn't mean that Gible was pointless. That's ridiculous. If anything, I always thought that it was handled well for a last minute capture. It got some nice focus, the running gag with Draco Meteor was funny and it was eventually able to master the move through all of Ash's training. Compared to Snorunt, Gible was treated just fine and it was far from pointless.

I still really don't want Goodra to come back. If it does, that is just going to bring down my opinion of Ash's XY even more, as well as make me question the writing in this series. I wouldn't mind it if meant that we get to see his older Pokemon during the League. Seeing some of his AG and DP Pokemon would be neat. There aren't too many Pokemon from his BW team that I'd be super excited to see again, but maybe a couple of those Pokemon like Krookodile would be pretty neat.

The only old pokemon I'd like to see return is Glalie, Infernape, Gible, and some more of the underused ones. Don't need to see Charizard for the millionth time.

I think it would be funny if the writers ignore all of Ash's BW Pokemon like they didn't bother to give Iris or Cilan a cameo in XY. Seems to me the writers are trying to get people to forget BW ever happened.

If they really wanted to make people forget that BW never happened, then they wouldn't have given Cilan or Iris their own special after XY started. It does seem pretty unlikely that either one of them will show up in XY proper at this point, but that doesn't mean that they want people to forget that the series ever happened.

Another powerhouse? My good bro Ash has enough already in my opinion.
I don't think he has enough. Plus it saves the trouble of rushing through episodes to train a basic stage pokemon. A Trevenent as a powerhouse would be good for Ash. Goodra can be a powerhouse too.

Maybe Ash will catch some more Pokémon & the reason not show in Movie 19 Trailers & Posters because they don't want show any Spoilers & the same with about Clemont & Serena's Teams.

Last edited:
Rather, Zygarde's confirmation in the movie, does that mean we won't conclude the Team Flare arc before July?

Or it means Zygarde is a permanent keep for Bonnie? I would love if it is the case.

Maybe Ash will catch some more Pokémon & the reason not show in Movie 19 Trailers & Posters because they don't want show any Spoilers & the same with about Clemont & Serena's Teams.

In regards to Ash's team, I could see this being the case possibly, but since I'm 99.9% sure that his friends will leave around November, I don't even see why their teams should change.

My own personal wish is for him to get a Small Size Gourgeist. Kalos-native. Fast. Grass type. It ticks all the boxes and is also a Ghost type, something that he's never caught yet and what everyone evidently wants here.
It probably wouldn't happen due to Jessie owning a Gourgeist though.
Anyway, considering the way those writers seem to love Noivern in general, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they follow this up by giving him a Gogoat. Those two and Helioptile are rather overexposed thanks to their early introduction, Helioptile possibly less so though. Please don't let this be true...

Was it? I thought Monferno had some merchandise for that movie and people were just skeptical because it wasn't in any scenes but at least merchandise-wise, we knew Ash had a Monferno by then.

We also knew for the Diancie movie that Ash would get Hawlucha (before he got it) based on posters and Pikachu short scenes so I don't think they care about spoilers.

So if Ash doesn't show any other pokemon besides his 5, I think he actually might not have a 6th pokemon by the movie.

Actually, it's confirmed he has 5:
img09.png

errr
The profile for theDiance movie included Hawlucha like a month before the release so this profile can change.

Back
Top Bottom