• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon : Game Over: Town Wins! (3-31-12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon : The Dark Rising | Day 3: Crap!

@Neonsands; the Mafia have hit two Innocents, not three. Baron Dante was a victim of bad luck (No Lynch set us up the bomb). And, when certain conversations are revealed at the end of the game, it'll make more sense why I'd doubt Nfinity's claim (though in hindsight, I shouldn't have). Even though the conversations took place behind closed doors, I wasn't comfortable not apologizing to Nfinity for my suspicions of her. With how very wrong I was, it would've been ethically wrong to not apologize.

It's kind of funny that the Vigilante and Cop voted for me on Day 1, looking back at it. (Both being justice-based roles.) XD

And the shock of losing a cop, someone that would have been very useful on the hunt, stroke them
And they couldn't even vote for a lynch
And as quietly as it began, it reached to an end

It is now Night 3
Please send your night actions to both me and Soulmaster

Last edited:

I'm sorry I only just saw it hadn't been updated in a little bit.

The Mafia quietly crept up on their victim and he would wake no more.

Wasteland said:
Dear Coasting Wingull,
You’re Alakazam
220px-065Alakazam.png

By having an IQ of over five thousand, you’re considered by many the most intelligent Pokemon there is, and with your telepathic skills not many can stand in your way …
You’re the role blocker, every night you can send me a PM with Night X - Roleblock: Player to the hosts in order to role block a person
You’re from the town; to win, every Mafioso should die

Coasting Wingull has been kill. He was allied with the Town

IT IS NOW DAY 4. PLEASE VOTE. WILL THIS BE THE END?

Okay, well we are down to 4v3 or 5v2. I suggest everyone speak up now and give reasoning as to why they shouldn't be lynched.

EDIT:

After talking with the masons, it has come to my attention that there was another roleblocker claim.

Vote: Hitomi

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon : The Dark Rising | Day 4: The Beginning of the End (3-21-12)

They said that, did they.

Vote: Gotpika

Coasting Wingull refused to roleclaim to you and ends up dead? I'm wary of masons. Mostly because they know who the others are, can communicate outside the thread, and are a perfect fakeclaim for mafioso trying to figure out everyone's roles. I bet the reason we had so many important roles knocked out in a row was because they roleclaimed to our benevolent masons here.

That'd be why I fakeclaimed, by the way. I certainly don't tell others my role if I don't trust them, and I certainly don't trust people easily.

They said that, did they.

Vote: Gotpika

Coasting Wingull refused to roleclaim to you and ends up dead? I'm wary of masons. Mostly because they know who the others are, can communicate outside the thread, and are a perfect fakeclaim for mafioso trying to figure out everyone's roles. I bet the reason we had so many important roles knocked out in a row was because they roleclaimed to our benevolent masons here.

That'd be why I fakeclaimed, by the way. I certainly don't tell others my role if I don't trust them, and I certainly don't trust people easily.

You see, I felt like it could have gone that way too. Especially with the deaths of both the cop and the doctor in a row. I do have my reasons for believing them, though. The only question to me, is why wasn't one of them killed last night. A confirmed innocent dead still leaves unconfirmed people to pick from.

Also, the mention of a fakeclaim on your part doesn't sit well with me.

Why wasn't one of them killed? Maybe because they're doing the killing?

I very well could have refused to tell them my role, but I'd be 1) dead, or 2) have a bandwagon on me, led by none other then them.

Well, the second is almost coming true now, so you're doing their job for them. =/

I very well could have refused to tell them my role, but I'd be 1) dead, or 2) have a bandwagon on me, led by none other then them.

Well, the second is almost coming true now, so you're doing their job for them. =/

That was my thought process. I don't know, I just kind of feel like I should trust them.

According to them, basically everyone else hasn't claimed.

Did you claim? I'm not asking what your role is or anything, just curious if you told them what your role was.

Did you claim? I'm not asking what your role is or anything, just curious if you told them what your role was.

I did.

Because me and Kaustic thought if the maf killed one of us, that leaves one confirmed mason who could easily grab role claims easily without question. Anyone who doesn't or wouldn't have claimed would have been considered mafia on the spot. And I don't think there are two town aligned you know whats in maf games. We originally thought about killing ourselves just for the heck of confirming one of us but, decided not to take a risk. Al la the no lynch before today, it really could have worked early in the game but not now. And that indep. bomb thing may have been a set up.

Vote:Hitomi

I'm willing to revert my vote if there's anything pointing to you being innocent.

How could I have "set up" anyone on the Illegal Username bomb thing? If you'll recall, I wanted to prevent the lynch. I called for avoiding a lynch on him from the start, and I've already made my case on that. If I were mafia, I wouldn't have bothered trying to get you guys to stop the lynch - town, independent, they're both the same to a mafia. The only thing that did us in in the end was the fact that I confused the time zones.

How could I have "set up" anyone on the Illegal Username bomb thing? If you'll recall, I wanted to prevent the lynch. I called for avoiding a lynch on him from the start, and I've already made my case on that. If I were mafia, I wouldn't have bothered trying to get you guys to stop the lynch - town, independent, they're both the same to a mafia. The only thing that did us in in the end was the fact that I confused the time zones.

That's actually a bit of a interesting explanation.

@Neonsands What do you think?

I don't quite like the falseclaim, sorry. You could've said "Hey, I'm not gonna claim", but you chose to lie.

You told me you were going to roleblock Nfinity the night she died, and Coasting Wingull the night he died.

Just saying.

Also, you didn't try to stop us the day of the lynch. You told us that you were going to block No Lynch's ability. If you're a Town member, why would you lie about something like that? I think you were trying to delay until the last possible second, so that it would be too late to stop the bandwagon; leaving a Town member dead. Though, just before the update, you did say that we shouldn't lynch him. Too bad it was too late at that point, eh? But hey, at least it made you look like you were trying to prevent Baron Dante's death.

For the record, DrumBeats was killed before we even began collecting claims. Baron Dante claimed after he'd placed the vote on No Lynch. Nfinity claimed to us the night she died, yes, but as I stated; I found her claim suspicious, and we'd had suspicions of her from the beginning. We were going to lynch her the following day, but the Mafia prevented us from making that mistake (Thanks, guys). Finally... Coasting Wingull. He didn't claim to us, as you observed. What's interesting is that you're trying to finger myself and/or Gotpika as being Mafia by citing him not claiming and turning up dead, yet then you turn around and put the blame on us for those that claimed turning up dead (when as I just outlined, only one person who claimed to us died by night; everyone else who's claimed to us is still alive)... My dear Hitomi, please make up your mind: What exactly are you blaming us for? It appears you're trying very hard to blame myself and Gotpika for literally everything that's happened in this game. When very clearly, most of it isn't our fault, by definition.

Last edited:

Though, just before the update, you did say that we shouldn't lynch him. Too bad it was too late at that point, eh? But hey, at least it made you look like you were trying to prevent Baron Dante's death.
How was I even supposed to know he was independent? -_- I put together his role based on the fact that he was adamant about killing everyone. I knew - as I have said, again and again - based on the fact that he was trying real hard to get us to vote to lynch him.

And I don't understand. You're trying to tell me that I come home from work half an hour before the phase ends, try to save the town because I think I have at least two hours to do so, and when the time runs through no fault of my own it's suddenly my fault that I "didn't do enough to prevent the lynch."

Maybe people should have believed me that he had a lynch win condition the day before when I voiced my suspicions, eh? But Coasting Wingull was the only one who did. I don't like people telling me I'm putting the blame on them when they're putting the blame on me over something I quite honestly don't have control over.

me said:
I don't know enough about mafia roles to say for certain, but it's possible he could just have some kind of lynch win condition in general (if not a day 1 lynch, this game could have been tailored to allow for any day lynch) but if he's nightkilled, he loses or something. It could be an independent role, like "after this happens, you win, and the game continues to see who else wins." Or something.

You know what I find suspicious is that you voted for him, unvoted, then waited until Baron Dante voted for No Lynch before you did again,

Because now I'm not the only person who finds him scummy.

Maybe you knew of his ability to take out the first person to vote for him and just wanted someone else to die in your stead? =/

I don't quite like the falseclaim, sorry. You could've said "Hey, I'm not gonna claim", but you chose to lie.

You told me you were going to roleblock Nfinity the night she died, and Coasting Wingull the night he died.

Just saying.

Also, you didn't try to stop us the day of the lynch. You told us that you were going to block No Lynch's ability. If you're a Town member, why would you lie about something like that? I think you were trying to delay until the last possible second, so that it would be too late to stop the bandwagon; leaving a Town member dead. Though, just before the update, you did say that we shouldn't lynch him. Too bad it was too late at that point, eh? But hey, at least it made you look like you were trying to prevent Baron Dante's death.

For the record, DrumBeats was killed before we even began collecting claims. Baron Dante claimed after he'd placed the vote on No Lynch. Nfinity claimed to us the night she died, yes, but as I stated; I found her claim suspicious, and we'd had suspicions of her from the beginning. We were going to lynch her the following day, but the Mafia prevented us from making that mistake (Thanks, guys). Finally... Coasting Wingull. He didn't claim to us, as you observed. What's interesting is that you're trying to finger myself and/or Gotpika as being Mafia by citing him not claiming and turning up dead, yet then you turn around and put the blame on us for those that claimed turning up dead (when as I just outlined, only one person who claimed to us died by night; everyone else who's claimed to us is still alive)... My dear Hitomi, please make up your mind: What exactly are you blaming us for? It appears you're trying very hard to blame myself and Gotpika for literally everything that's happened in this game. When very clearly, most of it isn't our fault, by definition.

I hope you continue to play mafia games. You are the smoothest talker I've ever played with. Seriously, any indecisiveness I had about this just went away with this post.

Sorry, Hitomi.

And I don't understand. You're trying to tell me that I come home from work half an hour before the phase ends, try to save the town because I think I have at least two hours to do so, and when the time runs through no fault of my own it's suddenly my fault that I "didn't do enough to prevent the lynch."

I don't like people telling me I'm putting the blame on them when they're putting the blame on me over something I quite honestly don't have control over.

Trying to save the Town entails lying and saying you're going to roleblock someone you suspect as having a lynch win condition? Only to backpedal and say that you misread your imaginary role PM, and that you can't block during Day phases? That's why you're being voted for, Hitomi. It's not because you didn't do enough to stop the lynch, or even that we're blaming you for it happening... It's because you lied about being a Roleblocker, and then lied about your intent to block No Lynch; when you couldn't even block anyone in the first place. A Town-aligned player wouldn't have had a reason to lie about something like that. Your lie didn't exactly do the Town any favors, did it? But, it certainly helped you avoid suspicion, didn't it?

How was I even supposed to know he was independent? -_- I put together his role based on the fact that he was adamant about killing everyone. I knew - as I have said, again and again - based on the fact that he was trying real hard to get us to vote to lynch him.

You know what I find suspicious is that you voted for him, unvoted, then waited until Baron Dante voted for No Lynch before you did again,

Maybe you knew of his ability to take out the first person to vote for him and just wanted someone else to die in your stead? =/

I voted for him after Baron Dante had voted (mistakenly) for a no lynch, in an effort to pressure information out of him (and to insure he would've been lynched in the event that no one else cast a vote, by my own hand). I only unvoted when it appeared that no one else wanted to lynch him (seeing a vote for a no lynch, and two people openly disagreeing with you makes one question their actions). Even on the next page, when he cast a vote for me, I put a vote in on a no lynch. That way he wouldn't be going anywhere, and neither would I. However, later on, Baron Dante switched his vote from a no lynch onto No Lynch. That meant I wasn't alone in finding him scummy enough to vote for. Frankly, I'd rather have been the one to die than the Vigilante. I'm a powerless Mason. How was I supposed to know what his ability was? I had a feeling he could've been a bomb, but that's all it was... A feeling. I had no real evidence, one way or the other, of whether he was Mafia or an Independent; a Fool or a Bomb (or both, apparently). If I had a way of knowing his alignment or role, believe me: I would've been the first on his bandwagon if he was guilty, and the first against it if he weren't. But I didn't know anything, one way or the other, so I took the gamble (since we can't exactly sit around all game not lynching anyone). What I find particularly amusing is you asked how you were supposed to know that he was Independent, and then imply that I had a way of knowing. When I only have the power of communication.

@Neonsands, thank you. I plan on playing Mafia for quite some time. :)

Ok, so I'm kind of confused here:

I would VERY much like an answer as to why you doubted an uncc'd cop (WITHOUT host interjection this time - seriously, that's the second time this game. You guys are neutral and should stay out of discussions :/). What exactly was it about the claim that didn't sit well with you?

I also want to know why you didn't out immediately that there were ccs to roleblocking. I have a theory, but it's kind of not hugely backed up and just on speculation.

Ok, so I'm kind of confused here:

I would VERY much like an answer as to why you doubted an uncc'd cop (WITHOUT host interjection this time - seriously, that's the second time this game. You guys are neutral and should stay out of discussions :/). What exactly was it about the claim that didn't sit well with you?

I also want to know why you didn't out immediately that there were ccs to roleblocking. I have a theory, but it's kind of not hugely backed up and just on speculation.
Huh we only said something once that I can remember? And yeah sorry 'bout that one time I will try not to do that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom