• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I caught an 1891 Raikou yesterday, but I'm having some troubles getting into the raids, I keep getting the glowing ball of death over the gym and then the game infinity loads when I click on the gym. Anybody else having that problem?

Either way, at 237 now, with some more candy towards Forretress :)

I did some more Raids and got some more Coins through Gyms the past few days, I'm now up to 813 Coins and 17 Rare Candies.
Also hatched some Eggs, got 3 new Bronze Gym Badges and some other Bronze get closer to Silver.

Starting from tomorrow though I'll be able to play much more and in better areas too.

Species: 219 -> 221 (caught), 228 -> 230 (seen)
Newly caught: Gengar, Slowking
Newly seen: Entei, Slowking
Today's Raids: Gengar, Entei, Entei, Entei

For the first time in a long, long while, I went out there and had enough time to play to my heart's content :) Reunited with friends I haven't seen for months and made new ones.

The Morning - Camping the Campus
In the morning I had to take an exam, nothing too hard for me to get worried over so instead I went earlier and took over the 4 Gyms around the campus, one of them is very close to Silver Badge now as I've been doing this other times too. The defenders didn't last too long (when I finished the exam I found them kicked) but I got about 20 Coins that way. At that time I found out that a classmate of mine has picked up the game again during the summer (after abandoning it soon after debut when the early trend wave died out). He's also Valor, Level 29.

So we got the idea of camping at the cafeteria that happens to be next to the Gym I was most close to Silver Badge on. As we later figured out others got that idea too, explaining why I got more Badge XP there over the other three. Out of the 4 Gyms in the campus, that one tends to change hands the least because everyone's afraid that the current defendant is just hanging out at the cafeteria lol :)
So for the next couple of hours we'd just stay there with our 2 defenders (ignoring the other 3 Gyms in which we'd have no hope) we'd keep feeding Nanab Berries and farming the PokeStop and aside from the game we'd also catch up on how we spent the summer, talking about the exam earlier, sharing experiences about the game etc.

Then a Gengar Raid appeared in one of the other 3 Gyms, and we knew what had to be done; in fact we've been complaining that no Raids have spawned at all for the past few hours (which is quite rare as the campus is active). He, just like me, had trouble getting Gengar because he didn't play during the Halloween event (I only played a little). So getting it as a Rank 3 Raid always seemed like the easiest method, but it wouldn't spawn frequently or conveniently and it's not soloable. But with the power of two it was possible. We got an annoying FUUU moment System Error first but in the end we both caught it and were finally able to sigh in relief, thinking of all the Gastly catches we've avoided in just 5 minutes.

A bit after that we split up as it was lunch time but promised to keep in contact more; we are attending the same school and will be playing the same game in its campus after all, once you meet someone like him you can't miss him. I wouldn't say we're close friends yet but he's a nice person and we just figured out we have more in common and can hang out together for long enough well :)

The Afternoon - Discord
With the university stuff done, I could get out and Raid for as much time I wished. But before that I had to prepare. Two major things: charging the phone as the battery has almost ran out after the earlier events; and catching up with the city's community and metagame. Going through the Facebook groups I've somewhat abandoned (I would still skim whenever I'd get a notification but nothing too much), I figured out that, FINALLY, after a few months of a disorganised mess that was raiding in Athens, a big enough Discord server for raids coordination was made. Needless to say, I joined immediately.

I found another nice guy there; I knew him from a previous time at the campus. He's Level 40 Valor (Level 40s are like the city's living legends of the game, there are only ~20 people. ~5 before the Fire/Ice triple XP event at the beginning of the summer, ~5 more that hit the mark during it and ~10 later with the GO Fest XP and all their summer activity until now). I've heard his username from the people I met at the Fire/Ice Lure parties, saw it again when he helped me keep up some defenders by adding his own totally superior ones of course and now he was in the server, so I mustered my courage to message him. I was mostly curious if he was someone I may know from university since he's playing there. Apparently he's from the same course as me but a few years older. We haven't met in person yet of course but he said that we might do so soon at school and that he'd like me to help him keep the 4 Gyms so we can get them to Gold Badge not sure how much of a help I can be to a 40 but eh it's cool

I also talked to a few other people I haven't met in a while but have as Facebook friends and were also in the Discord, and from there it was time for action.

The Evening - Get in the bag, Entei -_-

Phone's fully charged and a report of an Entei raid that just spawned in the city centre comes in, with people scheduling to meet up in about a half-hour. It was a strange feeling, the people you meet there are total strangers but you just have one important common interest, strong enough to motivate you to get there and meet each other. Yet unlike a few other groups I've been with in Lure parties or other activities, this one really felt more like strangers; we didn't even bother introducing ourselves or talk much besides the raid organizing. The group was huge and Entei was very easy to take down... and super hard to catch of course :(

This happened two more times as we would together decide which is the next closest reported spawn and head there together. I decided to follow through and buy two Premium Raid Passes so I can continue, in hopes I can just catch it and be done with it. In the second time some more people joined us, including one I've met before. The third one was the coolest however, as most of the people I've met before during Fire/Ice came too as it was closer to the time they regularly have sessions. Only bad things is, I am stuck at 0/3. Oh well, it should happen sometime within the month. And by the end the actual Raid process became boring and monotonous, although the people involved are cool.

Final fateful encounter of the day was upon returning home, where I decided to try my luck into taking over the 2 Gyms that were in the way, in hopes of getting some more Coins today or tomorrow. But after taking over the first, as I was approaching the second, I see my "rival" who I haven't met for a few months either, clearly going for the opposite route which could only spell utter destruction for my poor defender. Level 40 Mystic, by all means the de facto leader of the blue team in our neighborhood and all surrounding areas and maybe the areas surrounding them too :p But thankfully also one of the nicest, sportsmanlike, organized and diplomatic players I've ever met. With the old system he was untouchable and had peace treaties with all the high level Instincts and Valors, clear-cut borders, free zones for the poor people struggling for the 10/day, everything. We became closer friends during the Fire/Ice event Lure parties, when he told me most of the "city meta" secrets of the time, it was basically him who intiated me in that group even though I was not one of his team; but I was one of his neighborhood :p Since the new system we haven't talked until tonight but we both knew what we had to do; if I see his Blissey armies when their motivation is on the bottom, I take them out so he can get his 50s, then I'm free to defend for as much time I can manage until he comes for his gym session the next day. If the Blissey has high motivation (it's obvious when he's fed her a Golden Razz) it needs to stay put until the next day, for he got today's 50 elsewhere. Anyway, our meeting was short and sweet; a little catching up and small talk, cheesy exchanges like "That Gyarados... I'll let it get 1 Coin." with my reply "I'd toss some Potions anyway". He also said that he likes how I've grown from that level 20ish newb to a 30er who's the only respectable Valor force in the area. And then he indeed waited a few minutes before knocking out Gyarados so it could get 10 minutes in and award me 1 Coin :p

Upon reaching home, Slowking was just a simple evolution, I had caught a few Slowpoke with Pinap and used a few Rare Candies to make room as my inventory did indeed get full from all the Raid goodies. The King's Rock was ready from the time I messed it up, but this time I didn't mess it up, so new species there. New seen too actually, alongside 0/3 Entei :(

Posting several times in a row since no one else had something to share in between.
Just a reminder to everyone who might be confused as since our latest rules revamp a while ago, multiple posting is no longer explicitly disallowed when there is lots of meaningful content to add with a new post.

Species: 221 -> 222 (caught), 230 -> 231 (seen)
Newly caught: Entei (!!!:D:D:D)
Newly seen: Girafarig
Today's Raids: Entei
+1 Silver Gym Badge

The Raid
Nothing in the morning today, I caught up on some sleep since the past few days have been tiring. Sometime around the afternoon I read a report of an Entei Raid spawning nearby, so I headed for there. It took us a long while to find enough people and gather them there, we started with 3 and later 4. While there I saw a Girafarig on the tracker nearby and went to get it, but it had 1100+ CP and even though I threw an Ultra Ball/Razz Berry/Great (I had no Golden Razz left and can't do curveballs or Excellent unless lucky :() on its yellow-ish circle it escaped and fled immediately :( Oh well, got the seen registry at least, caught will have to wait some more. Things would get better from there, though.

We got 2 more people about 5 minutes before the Raid would be over and joined it as a group of 6. It took out my entire Top 6 (2 Rhydon, Gyarados, Vaporeon, 2 Golem) and 2/6 of the rejoin team (Ursaring, Dragonite, 3 Cloyster, Sandslash) and about as much for everyone else, but we cleared it in time. After a couple of failed attempts I managed to get it :D

15/12/14 91% Fire Fang/Flamethrower currently 1910 CP. I love it, but I'm not sure if I can and should power it up.

The group split up after that one Raid but we exchanged some contact info (that we didn't already have through Discord) and may meet again.

After the Raid
Now that not only was the Raid over, but Entei was finally caught, I no longer had to spend all day going from Entei Raid to another and spend Premium Raid Passes until I get it; instead I figured I should save them for Raikou, Suicune, whatever legendary may come after them, and Tyranitar. So it was time to get back to those old school catch sessions around the seaside park. Because of my location, I would take the tram to get there instead of the usual underground, which had the plus that I could play along the ride.

During the ride I managed to sneak a defender in an already claimed Valor Gym with a vacancy, get some distance in for my Buddy and Eggs and some general catching stuff. Upon reaching the park I found a Tyranitar Raid with about 1 hour left, so I got in Discord and asked if anyone was interested, in hopes I could get that covered today as well, but unfortunately there wasn't enough interest because everyone focuses on Entei. I was half-expecting it to happen but felt like trying anyway, clinging to whatever hope was left.

At some point I noticed there were 3 Lures in adjacent PokeStops at the far end of the park and since there was nothing good at the time, I went there only to find another old friend who's put them in there. We hanged out a bit while catching everything that spawned, then he left. As I started walking around again, I saw a Larvitar spawn and went for it, catching it with a Pinap Berry. Soon after, the 10km Egg I was carrying around hatched into Larvitar too, so this was some fine compensation for missing the Tyranitar earlier.

I then focused on catching Electric-types as it's the only other gold medal I don't have yet and could get reasonably soon, besides it'd be nice to have the full catch bonus by the time the legendary beasts rotate and we get Raikou here. I made some progress on that as well as Steel thanks to the Magnemite that spawn around. Chinchou and Voltorb are also common enough. For the final lucky moment of the day, I saw another Level 40 Valor friend of mine coming and we got a Gym together. By now I already have tomorrow's (technically today's as it's past midnight) 50 Coins guaranteed.

I had to leave eventually as the battery would die out. But upon coming home I made a stop to that Gym nearby that was close to Silver Badge and put one more Defender in before feeding some Berries, so Silver now it is :) Second Silver I get, and this will be more meaningful than the other I have down at my homeland which I won't be accessing much anytime soon.

I really need to get out and play more :( Now that classes have started it's tough to find the time. Maybe this weekend I can get out before I go to work.

Of course it's raining now haha

Last edited:
With the old system he was untouchable and had peace treaties with all the high level Instincts and Valors, clear-cut borders, free zones for the poor people struggling for the 10/day, everything.
I can't attest to having these same treaties in the town I lived in. :D
On my Campus during the week the south side of campus was Valor, the North and Outskirts Mystic, and the center a war zone. During the Weekends everything would break loose. Normally friday nights me and two other valor players would take over the main campus area and with the work of others have all the gyms up to level ten by the end of the night. Then on the weekend I would go out and take down as many level 10 mystic gyms as I could before my battery died. Mostly just to have them reclaimed with in hours. This would enrage some of the hardcore mystic players who would in turn try to take down some of our gyms leading to some intense battles and one famous gym that would either be taken over or prestiged up constantly.
I also love your blog style stories Zexy and on a last note I caught my first Raikou yesterday.

I can't attest to having these same treaties in the town I lived in. :D
On my Campus during the week the south side of campus was Valor, the North and Outskirts Mystic, and the center a war zone. During the Weekends everything would break loose. Normally friday nights me and two other valor players would take over the main campus area and with the work of others have all the gyms up to level ten by the end of the night. Then on the weekend I would go out and take down as many level 10 mystic gyms as I could before my battery died. Mostly just to have them reclaimed with in hours. This would enrage some of the hardcore mystic players who would in turn try to take down some of our gyms leading to some intense battles and one famous gym that would either be taken over or prestiged up constantly.
I also love your blog style stories Zexy and on a last note I caught my first Raikou yesterday.
I can relate, my campus is a war zone too but with the new system I don't mind that much. 4 Gyms that change hands like crazy.
Thanks, I'll now give you one more of them below. And congrats :D
---
Species: 221 -> 223 (caught), 231 -> 233 (seen)
Newly caught and seen: Meganium
Newly seen: Tauros
Raids: Entei, Entei
Medals: 200 Electric-types
+7 Bronze Gym Badges

This post will have two days' worth of sessions packed in as I didn't like posting way too many of those in a row.

Yesterday - The Raid
This one was quite straightfoward, report from Discord of an Entei straight in the center of the city, enough people interested, went there. Knew some of them, met some other there. Took it down easily, didn't catch it :( I'm glad I managed to optimize the process of a daily Rank 5 though, I can now do it with less waiting time and less battery lost, which means I have more time for the rest of the session.

After the Raid
Took the tram again (it's the optimal option from the city centre to the sea, free distance and chance to spin PokeStops, get a few catches and if lucky a few defenders in already claimed Valor Gyms with a vacancy). This time I was extra lucky (or maybe not as you'll see later) in the defenders department, I managed to get 3 in before reaching the seaside area.

On the way I also caught a high CP Snubbull and some more so I had enough Candy to go for an evolution on the strongest one, it now stands at 1893 CP. It's nothing too good (even though it technically has more CP than my main defender Snorlax lol) but it's also decent enough for a Fairy-type (it does have Play Rough) and it kinda was "for free", I only catch Snubbull for the Stardust and XP anyway.

Upon going at the seaside area I managed to either add or easily take over all 3 Gyms (so I had 6 defenders for the first time ever!) From there I focused on Electric-types once again to get that gold badge. There weren't many good spawns (except for Chikorita) although I got a high CP Krabby (if I evolve it and it has a better moveset than my other Kingler it could be OK).

Good thing is, there were lots of Chikorita and I finally got enough Candy for Meganium, which I haven't seen either. A bit later I met a few friends by chance (we don't really schedule going together but the area is so popular it just happens), we set up a few Lures and started going around in cycles over 6 PokeStops. Caught lots of Magnemite and Voltorb that way. Also by now I've hatched the Diglett and Nidoran-F I was complaining about in the Eggs thread last night.

Midnight
The bad part came a bit afterwards; just on my way home (using the underground this time, no point taking the long route when there's no Raid in the middle and the battery is almost out so there's no farming to be done) all 6 defenders were kicked out before midnight :(

And to make things worse, all the Gyms around home were pretty hard to take down too. The 3 of them at the south were Mystic (remember the Level 40 guy I was talking about above?) and the other 2 were surprisingly Instinct (which is rare in the area), guess those just came as a team specifically to do that and left.

Anyway, the good part is that a few hours later they have dropped enough for me to go there and beat them both. That's how it works here, most people actually try to get their 50 Coins around midnight to be done for the next day.

Today - The Raid
Woke up to find that the 2 defenders were kicked out but I had all 50 Coins by then. Sometime later there was an Entei report as usual and I headed for there, but as I was getting there another Entei spawned a bit closer and the entire team organizing it in Discord switched paths.

Again I knew some of them, but the cool thing this time is that I met an Italian guy there. He's currently a tourist in Athens and saw an Entei close by and came to have a look, hoping to find people interested. I took it upon myself to translate what the team said since I'm apparently better than all of them in English (although I tried to talk to him a bit in Italian too since I know it but not as well as English of course).

After the Raid was over (we both didn't catch it, I'm at 1/6 still) we exchanged Facebook info and became friends; it's nice to know I've met a foreigner thanks to the game and we'll keep a little something even though he'll be gone soon. Lucky guy is from Milan and got a Kangashkan there too :) Unfortunately we didn't have time or vacancies around so he could put it and we could get a "seen" on it. Overall still quite straightfoward, not much battery drained and so on.

After the Raid
Tram time but this time there was nothing good like Granbull or defenders, although one Mystic Gym had a Tauros so I got the "seen". Things were better later, though. Lots of Magnemite (but not the nest, that is Totodile), even more after I met those same friends from yesterday and we did our Lure circles again.

What's also awesome is that I found 2 Dratini today, with Pinap that was a good amount of Candy to help Dragonite up (took priority over Vaporeon). Yet I caught so many Pokemon that I got enough Stardust to take it to the best I could with that Candy, that is from 2001 to 2252. Vaporeon's also at 2342 now, kicking Ursaring out of #6 and going there itself. I still have 12 Candy (3 more powerups) and even 1 should be enough to pass Pinsir and get #5.

Finally got enough Electric-types for the gold badge and 2 good CP Magneton off it (while still saving 100 Candy for Magnezone!). Magneton are the most useful Electric-types I have (Jolteon and Ampharos will both take a while). It also got me to 100/200 Steel-type medal, so I hope to get that done too off Magnemite alone sooner or later.

Anyway a bit before the end at about 9pm us 6 Valor ones in the group I've been doing Lures with decided to take one of the 3 Gyms for ourselves and try to keep it until midnight. But nah, I guess spoofers took it away from us and they tried so hard that it was impossible to keep even though we fed some Berries while there. So...

More Midnight (yeah that's only a few hours ago)
Upon coming home I put my phone on the charger, browsing around here etc. until I noticed that some Level 29 Valor person took over one of the Mystic gyms. This was my chance to get a defender in without betraying the pact. So I just went there, left Snorlax, and came back. Almost 3 full hours there now, I'm afraid it won't get the full 8.5 but I don't have better options at the moment; I should be able to get the rest of the Coins the normal way tomorrow.

Raids: NOT Tyranitar Friday -_-, NOT anyhing Saturday -_-
+3 Bronze Gym Badges
... not very eventful sessions these past two days but I got 3 new 2000+ CP Pokemon and powered up Vaporeon/Dragonite further.
Anyway, let's proceed

Black Friday
A Tyranitar report came in from Discord and we rushed there to do it (some people I knew already, some not, as usual), everything went smoothly until Tyranitar was at about 5% health when the app crashed on me :( By the time I logged in I've missed the credit for the battle and was unable to redo it because everyone else had completed it, I stayed there in hopes another group would come but nah. Pass wasted right when I was most expecting my first Tyranitar encounter...

Because of some things I had to do yesterday afternoon I couldn't have a full seaside session afterwards so it was a pretty bad day.

Only Slightly Whiter Saturday
I was hoping for a good Raid spawn that would attract enough people but there was nothing until 6pm, apparently because some people would go to the beach or out of the city for the weekend, or they're not around the centre because they don't have to deal with work/school/etc. There were a few Raids afterwards but I didn't feel like waiting too long before reaching the seaside area because I would be stuck there until past 10pm and I had no time for that. So I kept the Pass and will try to use it tomorrow, I was using the Pass of the day itself the past few days, now I can use the previous' day backup instead once again.

Because of that, I also didn't take the tram route to get in the seaside area, instead rushing there with the underground. While there, I tried to get in a few Gym that were thankfully Valor for some reason and catch some Pokemon to get Stardust and power up Vaporeon. Trying to catch whichever Magnemite I'd find for the Steel medal but I didn't find much even when some people put Lures up later. The good parts involve the 3 new 2000+ CP squad members; Arcanine 2256, Exeggutor 2120 and Houndoom 2000.

Arcanine 2256 was a lucky spawn, bad IV but best CP I've ever encountered. Just one Ultra Ball + Golden Razz + Great throw was enough, got lucky there. Nicknamed Fire because it has Fire Fang/Fire Blast, could be a nice backup to my main Fire attacker instead of the worse Houndoom I was using so far.
Exeggutor 2120 came from some Exeggcute I caught, for some reason they were a bit more frequent the past few days (but not the nest). All were bad IV but some were high CP. After some consideration I decided it was worth evolving just the highest CP one so that I do have an alright Grass-type option for now, without any powerup plans of course, hoping I'd get a better IV one later. Exeggutor (nicknamed PG for Psychic-Grass, Extrasensory-Solar Beam) stands at 2120 CP.
Houndoom 2000 was a similar case since I also got lots of Houndour but not any with good IVs, the highest one hit exactly 2000 CP upon evolution, so there's the little one of the 2000+ squad. Not that I'm really going to use it ever in practice especially since it's DF (Dark-Fire, not specializing on any side of the typing) but it's cool to look at for having exactly 2000 CP. Cooler to look at than poor Kingler at least :(

Speaking of Kingler, I have a high CP Krabby and should be getting enough Candy soon, and I have a Teddiursa in a similar situation too. So soon enough I might be getting more Ursaring and Kingler; doubt the bear will be better than my current one but the crab sure could and hopefully should., it's just moveset luck here.

I was lucky enough with Gyms in both days at least, got the 50s without any real trouble.

I finally put my first few defenders in the gym in a while now. I'm also going raiding and hunting with some friends so I'm looking forward to that :) Still on that grind to get that last Pokemon evolved and find Unown!

Species: 223 -> 224 (caught), 233 -> 234 (seen)
Newly caught and seen: Togetic
Raids: Entei, Entei, Tyranitar
+2 Bronze Badges

Today was pretty cool when it came to Raids even though I didn't catch the Tyranitar, but I had to sacrifice the entire seaside area part instead. I was busy earlier in the morning and only started with Raids about the afternoon when there were lots of people. First one was in an area where people were hanging out with Lures for a while, waiting between it and the previous one about 40 minutes ago, so I joined them there. Lots of people I knew of, lots of people in general. About 10 minutes before the Rank 5 Egg would hatch we moved to the exact location of the Gym and the Mystics made sure that no one would try to get the Gym at the last minute, to the annoyment of some fellow Valor players. I didn't mind, I knew this would happen...

We actually got ourselves split in two groups for two reasons; much more than 20 people, and to split teams. Mystics alone (so they could get the full amount of damage and thus Premier Balls) and Valor/Instinct (so that Valor could get the most damage bonus too even though they didn't have the gym, as for poor Instinct... they just had to do it somehow). Anyway, the Raid was easy to beat of course but I didn't catch the Entei.

We all moved together to the next one, I followed since I had a spare Pass from missing yesterday. We did the same thing all over in the new area but I didn't catch that Entei either. I got 15 Rare Candies though which was enough to get Togetic (that waited until later though). The main group would then move to a third Entei, but I didn't follow as I wouldn't like to buy a Premium Pass for it, bidding them farewell. But as I was about to leave, unsure over whether I should've headed for the seaside area (I had only about an hour) or home, a Tyranitar report came in and I went there.

By the time I reached it the group that had first gathered there got it and I was afraid I wouldn't find more, but thankfully, in the nick of time, some people from the old group that completed the 3rd Entei and wanted dibs on Tyranitar too came over and we did it together. Unfortunately my Golden Razz + Great throws weren't enough to catch it, perhaps some other time; but I got my first chance at it :D

A bit later, when I completed a 3km cycle for one Togepi Candy, I switched Buddy to Flaaffy and used enough Rare Candies to get 50 Togepi Candies and evolve.

The 2 Bronze Badges came off completing Raids in Gyms I haven't done so before.

I managed to sneak just one defender in tonight that made it past midnight, so I just hope it will get 8.5 hours in for the full 50, else I'll have to try some more to fill in the void tomorrow.

I added Forretress to my Pokedex yesterday, now at 238! :) Also hit up a few gyms and got a couple new bronze medals from raids. Caught a second Raikou, but it wasn't as good as my first one. I do like to have at least 2 of all the legendaries though.

Species: 224 -> 225 (caught), 234 -> 235 (seen)
Newly caught: Bellossom
Newly seen: Kangashkan
Raid: Entei

Just another Entei Raid to start off the session, it went smoothly but I didn't catch it. I saw a Kangashkan in one of the Gyms in the city centre, tourists tend to be quite helpful with that in such areas :)
A bit later, on my way to the seaside area, I realized that I had enough Rare Candy for Bellossom so I did it (without messing up and getting Vileplume this time, thankfully!). I also managed to sneak one defender in which stayed all the way past midnight, giving me today's 50 Coins by now.

While at the seaside area I got a bit lucky because there were two PokeStop spins that gave me an evolutionary item each, Sun Stone and Metal Coat. I also got enough Krabby to evolve my highest CP into a 2162 CP Kingler that's actually a bit better than my original 2185 CP one as it has Steel-Water moveset instead of Steel-Normal, but it's still nothing too good. Finally, just before I had to leave because of low battery, a single Eevee appeared; caught with Pinap, plus a few transfers, I could do 2 more Vaporeon powerups; had the Stardust ready, so Vaporeon is now up to 2563 CP.

I've just been trying to stock up on Rare Candy, Golden Razz, Stardust and Coins for the next big event/next raid boss. It's kind of a more relaxing, different style of play. I'm still enjoying the game as much as always, but now it's trying to gather as many resources as I can before the next big thing drops. It's kind of a fun experience :)

I've just been trying to stock up on Rare Candy, Golden Razz, Stardust and Coins for the next big event/next raid boss. It's kind of a more relaxing, different style of play. I'm still enjoying the game as much as always, but now it's trying to gather as many resources as I can before the next big thing drops. It's kind of a fun experience :)
No idea what to do with my rare candy. Mostly it is just taking up space in my bag. Got all the Legendaries up to 100 candy and still have over 200. Nothing to evolve and lack of stardust prevents me from powering anything up. Same with TMs. Did get my best Lugia and Articuno up to lvl 30 tho.

Level: 31 -> 32
Raids: Entei, Entei, Entei
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2571, Machamp 2015
+2 Bronze Badges

3 days covered in one post, because the first 2 were quite uneventful.

The first day's Raid (on a Gym I've been before) went most smoothly even though I didn't catch it, but that's the norm by now. (I really have bad luck except that one time, although I don't try too hard, going for either Razz or Pinap to save Golden Razz and non-curveball Great throws). I then made it to the seaside area but there weren't many cool stuff. At least I pulled off the 50 Coins for all days easily enough.

Second day's Raid was a bit more stressful, we got 6 people but people would keep crashing and get network errors etc. so we were unable to do it without timing out and were afraid we'd lose the Pass, but at the nick of time (less than 10 minutes left) a 7th one appeared and it went smoothly. Again to the seaside area, still nothing too good. I evolved my highest CP Teddiursa but the Ursaring ended up at 1916 CP, I was hoping for more. Moveset was bad too.

Third day (today) I started off for some area we've scheduled on but got late because there were delays in the underground so I asked them to just go on without me. I then stayed at the city centre since I didn't feel like going back home and wait only for the same thing to happen again. Instead I hanged out around the square with the Lures, found some friends, we eventually did an Entei Raid a bit further together. Went smoothly, no catch again. 2nd and 3rd Raid are how I got the Bronze Badges; at this point I just have lots of Bronze spread out all over from the raid network I've been building; although it will probably not matter anytime soon as I don't see Exclusive Raids hitting Greece anytime soon.

The Raid's XP was what got me to Level 32 :D So my Bag got a surge of items that took it way above the cap, so I planned to use lots of them before midnight (because I'd have to spin a PokeStop by then). So I returned to the square with the friends (deciding to leave the seaside area that gave me nothing cool the past 2 days be for now). It got better from there: Lures, lots of Machop/Geodude/Rhyhorn catches, some with Pinap, to the point I got 125 for Machop, 125 for Geodude and 200 for Rhyhorn, which were my goals for all three respectively.

>For Machop, the goal of 125 was to fully evolve my Wonder Machop with max HP and Attack, it hit 2015 CP and has the perfect moveset. Time to DynamicPunch some Tyranitars in the face :p I plan to power this up.

>For Geodude, the goal of 125 was to fully evolve my Wonder Machop with max HP and Attack (yeah that's the best I got for each because even the game's RNG knows how little I care about defense lol :p). Things didn't end as well here, Golem has ~1600 CP and 2 Ground-type moves, when I intended it to be my primary Rock-type. Alas, it takes TMs and some future powering up I guess, but I won't mind it too much for now. In between catching up with Rhydon/Gyarados now that I'm up a Level (24k Stardust), Vaporeon, Dragonite and Machamp, this can afford to wait I guess. Moltres and Articuno (the ones Golem would be most useful on) are gone for who knows how long anyway.

>For Rhyhorn, the goal of 200 was to reserve 100 for the eventual Rhyperior, 50 for the eventual Wonder Rhyhorn (still no luck here) and 50 to evolve the highest CP one I had, which was around 1200 CP. It hit 2571 CP upon evolution, and its moveset is Rock Smash/Earthquake (so I nicknamed it Fight Ground). It's #4 of the Top 6 (pushing Vaporeon down to #5 temporarily but I plan to power that up so it won't be for long). Unlike its 2 older siblings, this won't be a Ground-focused attacker, but a Blissey/Snorlax and maybe Tyranitar one, because of Rock Smash. Bulkier option than Machamp but still useful, since Machamp doesn't have great survivability.

Weekend started out horribly. Got an exclusive Mewtwo raid pass for Friday but had to work and couldn't go :cry: Things picked up on Saturday. While waiting on a Raikou raid, hatched a 100% Geodude and then caught the Raikou which was 93%. All 14s on the Raikou and my highest percentage. Oddly all my highest Legendaries are 93%.

Species: 225 -> 226 (caught), 235 -> 236 (seen)
New species (caught): Ampharos
New species (seen): Pupitar
SHINY MAGIKARP!
Raids: Entei, Entei
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Kingler 2141, Houndoom 2005
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Friday early on was uneventful, I'm busy on Fridays so I didn't get to Raid or have any sessions until late night.

Friday night - The Great Late-Night Seaside Park Session
So, in the past few days I've heard from some friends that the seaside park is actually very active with GO players past midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. I found it a bit strange and somewhat scary, but they insisted that there's enough light and people so nothing goes wrong. They also invited me to join them, and I reluctantly said yes for Friday at least, as a test run.

I started off from home at 11pm (as the tube line I'm using from home is closed after midnight) and made it barely in time to the end, then I switched to the tram (which operates until 2am) to reach the seaside area. On the way at the tram, I managed to sneak in Dragonite as a defender in a lone, somewhat abandoned, Gym, just a little before midnight. I then made my first catch/PokeStop of the day, of course, before reaching the park.

While there, I found lots of people around and Lures in all the PokeStops, I quickly bumped upon a Mareep which I caught with a Pinap; it + some Rare Candy I've got from Raids earlier were enough to evolve my Wonder Flaaffy into Ampharos; but it's kinda low CP (1500ish, hatched and evolved twice), moveset is meh... so I won't really bother with getting a good Ampharos, glad I'm done with that line though!

I also got a Shiny Magikarp :D 10 CP, bad IVs, caught it with just one Poke Ball of course. Quite a lucky moment, and a great opportunity to tease some higher level friends (even a Level 40 one!) who haven't been lucky enough yet. After the Lures were over we took a little break before setting up more to get a few nearby Gyms for Valor, one of them put Pupitar in so the players around could register it as seen, so there's that too.

I got a Dratini and a Larvitar (both caught with Pinap) too, and made some progress on the Steel medal thanks to Magnemite. The rest of the session was just farming Stardust, XP and Candy as I'm now saving up evolutions for a Lucky Egg pop.

Battery died out at about 4am, tram/trains started operating for the next day at 5am so I had to wait about an hour. I came back home at about 6am, pretty tired but it was worth it; I had some good time with friends, scheduling to have sessions together at night is so cool, and with a Shiny Magikarp (and Ampharos) too :)

Saturday afternoon - Raids
I woke up sometime in the noon, but didn't mind; Saturday's perfect for sleeping in anyway. All my defenders were kicked out and I had about 25 Coins by now, yet Dragonite was still there. A bit later in the afternoon a few Entei reports in the city centre came in, and I went there; Did 2 Entei easily (as I still haven't used Friday's Pass), unfortunately I keep not catching them, with Razz Berry + Great throw. Cool thing is I got both a Fast and a Charged TM there :D

On the way back home I got quite worried that Dragonite wouldn't get kicked before midnight which would mean I wouldn't get all 50 Coins for Saturday, so I took a little detour to get to a Gym near my home I've been a playing a lot in before (when I didn't have much time and did Rank 1-2 Raids there plus defending it as much as possible). Anyway, point is, it was close to Silver badge, so I tried to get it and make it Silver. I easily took it down, put a defender in, fed it some Berries, and ta-da! 3rd Silver Gym Badge; not bad.

I then returned home and stayed in to do other things until late night, where I'd try my luck at another seaside session.

Satruday night - The Great Late-Night Seaside Park Session 2: Electric Boggaloo
Second session was similar to the first, but Dragonite ended up not being kicked before midnight so I only got ~35 Coins for Saturday :( Apparently that Gym is way too low turnover, which is rare here. PokeStop of the Day was 7th, got me Up-Grade. Got lucky with another stop and got a free Metal Coat too.

I hatched a Wonder Eevee and caught another one with Pinap, which was enough to power up Vaporeon a bit and evolve the Wonder Eevee; it became Jolteon, which is not too bad but also not the best outcome either (I'd prefer Espeon tbh but everything except Umbreon can do). I might power up that Jolteon eventually, but I have others to deal with first.

Also got another Pinap Larvitar, lots of Magikarp, an unusually high amount of Pidgey (which is cool, more evolution for the Lucky Egg), some Abra (which let me evolve my best one into Alakazam, that's on the waiting line for powerups too), some Houndour including a Wonder perfect Atk/Def one (which I evolved into Houndoom 2005, nicknamed W AtkDef Dark, my best Dark-type yet; not sure if I wanna power up this eventually...), some Krabby including a high CP one (which I evolved into Kingler 2141, nicknamed Water Bug because of moveset). So there go the two new additions to the 2000+ CP squad.

Used the Stardust to power up the best Rhydon and Gyarados to the new level's max (Rhydon 2934, Gyarados 2913; finally past the 2900 mark, I think I'll need to reach 34 to achieve 3000 CP in either of the two, though), Vaporeon a lot (Vaporeon 2673, back to #4 and sooner or later #3 when it passes Rhydon 2716), and Dragonite after it was finally kicked and I got my 50 Coins for today (Dragonite 2402, passed Pinsir). Caught lots of Magnemite too and evolved some, one was Wonder and hit some pretty decent CP and full Electric moveset too, which is awesome; I'll be using this as my main Electric attacker AND evolve into Magnezone eventually :D

This time I also somehow managed to optimze battery usage, it only died out around 5am so I didn't have to wait an hour doing nothing to catch a ride back home. I was even more tired than yesterday but it was worth it; it's an awesome feeling to play around with friends on weekends, and it's quite efficient too!

Right now my storage is quite full :( and packed with more than 20 evolutions I'll need to unleash in some Lucky Egg pop. I might do that alongside a Raid soon since I desperately need space and don't feel like buying more now when I know that in a few months, Gen III will come and we'll get a discount. Speaking of Raids, I haven't done today's yet, and might do it soon (Sunday afternoon here), but I don't see any good reports... at worst it will have to wait until tomorrow, I'll be doing two again.

Back
Top Bottom