• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I caught a Dratini yesterday. That was pretty cool since I've only hatched a couple of them before. It did make me feel better about not hatching a second Dratini during the event. I was looking forward to evolving a Dratini into a Dragonite, but at least the event has significantly increased my Dratini candy amount, so that's cool. I also caught a couple of Magikarp, which is pretty neat since I rarely find those as well. Hatching a Magikarp and later today a Bulbasaur was pretty cool too.

While all my eggs have been extremely disappointing (Two Cubone in a row after I have like 300 candies from Halloween), my wild findings have been amazing!

I've caught two more Pikachu, which are incredibly rare in my area, and a wild Kabuto and Onix showed up as well! Added those two to the Pokedex; I also caught another Magnemite! I never see Magnemite in the wild, but I did hatch one from an egg.

Quite a cool session today after several days of no important GO action.

Yet I'm still Level 17 (although I got more than 10k XP, that's more than half the level).
And I didn't get any new species either. Still 71.

I got the benefit of 6 Lures, though, and caught more than 50 Pokemon. Made quite a significant progress on Clefairy and Rhyhorn when it comes to their evolution. Grinded enough candy for some more evolutions for the upcoming Lucky Egg pop at level 19. I have 21 evolutions stacked now, if I get more than 25 I'll be actually starting off at late level 18 instead.

I also caught several Growlithe which let me power up my Arcanine. 1036 -> 1543 CP. It may be actually able to attempt Gyms it has a type advantage on now, although I haven't got a chance to test it yet.

Getting a lot more things caught since one of the recent updates made it so Pokemon actually spawn in my house. They don't spawn super-often but it's better than before anyway. There seem to be a lot more spawn points in general since the Halloween update. The shuttle route from the parking garage to the class buildings on campus has a lot of Pokemon now (well, compared to the, like, zero prior to the Halloween event). Sometimes I'll pass a PokeStop walking between classrooms and there will be like five Pokemon clustered around it and there isn't even a lure on the stop.

Lesse, since last post I've evolved a Nidoran F into a Nidorina and then a Nidoqueen, finally caught another Vulpix, evolved a Jigglypuff, a Meowth, a Poliwag into a Poliwhirl and then a Poliwrath, caught a few more Abra, evolved a Ponyta, and then evolved a few more Pokemon that I'd already evolved before, like the Eevee-lutions, Seaking, Golduck, Parasect, and Venomoth.

Current level: 25
Dex: Caught 106, Seen 111
Top six CP (barring repeats): Palmer (2160 Exeggutor), Tidal Wave (2087 Vaporeon), Kraitos (1926 Gyarados), Flare Tornado (1906 Flareon), Dahnara (1893 Lapras), HiddenTail (1598 Slowbro)

Reached Lv 14 and managed to get Weezing and Butterfree by getting enough candies for evolution. Working on other evos like the other two Eeveelutions and a few others.

Got a few eggs but they are all 5km. I have less time to play so hatching them is probably going to take a while.

2 great sessions that last few days. Reached level 20 which I consider quite the milestone.

Level: 17 -> 20
Caught: 71 -> 79
New species: Pinsir, Dugtrio, Rhydon, Clefable, Golem, Magnemite, Exeggcute, Electrode
9 Lures, 1 Lucky Egg (more than 32000 XP)

Session 1: Went to the place with all the Lures, caught Pinsir @825 CP. Reached level 18, got enough Diglett/Rhyhorn/Clefairy/Geodude for the evolutions, which I held back until the next session. I also got lots of Nidoran F (Nidoqueen is close), quite a bit of Nidoran M (Nidoking's also somewhat close), some Ponyta/Doduo and lots of Pokemon I already had that helped with Lucky Egg party.

Session 2: Went to another place by the sea which has species I don't encounter elsewhere.

Popped Lucky Egg, evolved everything and hatched the 5km Egg into Diglett (soon after I got Dugtrio). Best evolutions (that made it in Top 6 of CP) are Rhydon @844 CP, Hypno @826 CP (the Halloween event paid off) and Arbok @798 CP. Arcanine was powered up all the way to 1783 CP. Reached Level 20, +2 3x Incubators, put 5km Eggs on all (that makes 3). Already replenished them from Pokestops, still no 10km :( Got Ultra Balls which are awesome... by now I have more Great Balls/Razz Beries than Poke Balls. I only use Poke Balls on species I have, Great/Razz on mid/high CP Pokemon whose evolutions I don't have yet, and Ultra only for hard catches (Electrode so far, more below). Switched Buddy from Clefairy to Jigglypuff (although I should calculate again, almost sure the optimal one will have to be something else with all the evolutions I'm close to).

Then I caught Magnemite, Exeggcute, Electrode in that order. Also lots of other Magnemite, Horsea and Staryu (all 3 are close to evolution), a few Gastly (found no other place with them since the event, also close to first evolution), a few Squirtle... nice session for sure. Also found a Valor Gym with a vacant spot for once; +10 Coins (at this rate, I'll get just 1 more Incubator for free sometime, heh). Arcanine's already knocked out as of writing this.

Future plans:
Incense 1, Lure 1 (and maybe Lure 2) to be popped a.s.a.p. I'll check my favourite cafe which is also a Stop (lucky me, it was my favourite before I found out it is a Stop). It is said that the optimal use of Incense is while moving, but my GPS is drifting anyway and catching Pokemon when actually on the go is a bit harder and more dangerous (unless it's a square/park, which it won't be).
Lucky Egg 1 and Incense 2 to be popped next time I get to Session 1 area and find 3 Lures there.
Lucky Egg 2 to be popped at Level 24 I guess; if I end up grinding more than expected it may become late 23, just like I ended up with late 18 instead of 19 this time.

Team (4/6 are new additions, Arcanine power-up, Seaking same as before):
Arcanine @1783 CP
Seaking @863 CP
Rhydon @844 CP
Hypno @826 CP
Pinsir @825 CP
Arbok @798 CP

For the record, this is probably the most balanced I've ever got, type-wise. I just thought of replaying through FireRed with this team for fun, but Pinsir is version-exlusive :( I may actually replace it with #7 (Marowak) and do it.

I just reached level 26 the other day. Been working on my Pokedex as much as I can, I've been catching a lot of good stuff, like Wartortle, evolved a Golem, etc.

I found my first Porygon today but it ran away! So close to finally catching my favorite pokemon :(

I'm at level twenty five and I'm so close to getting enough candy to evolve my Grimer. I've had some better luck with some eggs and I've been finding more Pokemon to capture since the newest update, which is pretty nice. I'm still hoping I can find a Seel and a Porygon too. I've come close to a Porygon a couple of times, but I haven't seen one yet, let alone capture one. I've caught a couple of Abra and Magnemite lately, so that should be quite helpful in my attempts to evolve both of them.

Level: 20
Caught: 79 -> 81
New species: Nidoqueen, Abra
1 Lucky Egg, 2 Incenses, 2 Lures of my own + 4 Lures from others.

Got enough female Nidoran to evolve Nidorina, Nidoqueen has 1362 CP. Caught a Pinsir at 1177 CP.
Found a single Abra, used Ultra Ball on it to ensure that the first attempt is a capture. Funny thing is, I was discussing with friends over my belief that failing to capture it right away would result in it fleeing as a reference to it immediately using Teleport in the games. One of them didn't believe me and tried a Poke Ball since it was low CP, then it fled :p
Lucky Egg pop alongside 3 Lures, Incense and 3 5km Eggs pop are still not close enough in getting me past level 20. The XP requirements escalated way too quickly.
Got high CP Sandslash and Arbok during the evolution part of the Lucky Egg pop.

Top 6
Arcanine @1783 CP
Nidoqueen @1362 CP
Pinsir @1177 CP
Sandslash @940 CP
Arbok @939 CP
Seaking @863 CP

Still on Lv 14. Got enough Eevee candy and evolved my highest CP Eevee which became Flareon. Was afraid I might get another Vaporeon which I have two of. Now just gotta get Jolteon. Also snagged a Tentacool which I havent gotten yet and hatching a 2 km egg.

Its starting to get tempting for me to spend some money on this game for things like Poke Balls and a bag upgrade, so far I havent really felt the need to spend any actual money though, but I run out of PokeBalls quite frequently and have trouble hitting PokeStops with the new speed limit and have little room now in my bag for Pokeballs so even when I hit PokeStops I cant get them, so its getting frustrating. Im missing out on Pokemon I need to evolve which Im mad about due to the lack of Poke Balls I can get.

Level: 20
Caught: 81 -> 83
New species: Haunter, Seadra

I went to a favourite place of mine with a Pokestop and some Pokemon nests nearby. Nothing too special, though, I've actually caught all the species and their evolutions around there. I still managed to grind, though.
Also hatched 3 5km Eggs, 2 of them were Gastly/Horsea and gave me enough Candy to evolve. Seadra's CP is nice, somewhere between 940-1000 (got #4 and kicked Seaking out of the Top 6).

I caught another Horsea earlier this morning, which was a nice surprise. I'll most likely make it my Buddy Pokemon within a week or two, depending on how long it takes for me to work on a couple of other Pokemon, so capturing more of them in the meantime would help to make the process less tedious.

I caught another Omanyet thanks to the new tracking system, so that was pretty cool. I do run into both that and Kabuto every now and then, which has made up for not finding them in any ten kilometer eggs, and I only need to catch two more of each before I can evolve them.

Pokemon caught: Nidoking, Goldeen
My latest egg hatched into another Charmander, and I almost have enough candies to evolve one already which is great. I also ran into a Nidoking which I managed to catch and a Goldeen, which gave me more candies to eventually evolve one and am working on hatching a 5km egg.

The Pokemon I hope to evolve soon are Goldeen, Charmander, Staryu,and Oddish. I hope I have enough candies soon.

Level: 20 -> 21
Caught: 83 -> 85
New species: Wigglytuff, Bulbasaur

Went to a mall. Lots of Pokemon there, but no Pokestops. I ran out of Poke Balls and started using Great Balls even for the easy catches. Pokestops seems to give less items too as I'm not replenishing Poke Balls as easily as before. So I started being picky with the species I catch... basically I stopped catching species that need 50 candy to evolve whose evolutions I already have. Except Growlithe.

Leveled up to 21 at last. Found a Jigglypuff, that catch and the Buddy Candy were enough to evolve it. It stands at 1010 CP. Vulpix is my new Buddy, I only need 1 Candy from it before changing. Found a Bulbasaur and caught it. Now I finally have all three first-stage starters. Evolving any of them should take a while, though... Got enough Growlithe to evolve another one and can still power-up both Arcanine, they're my Top 2 Pokemon.

Arcanine @1866 CP
Arcanine @1790 CP
Nidoqueen @1362 CP
Pinsir @1177 CP
Wigglytuff @1010 CP
Seadra @950 CP

Bad day in GO missed out on a lot of Pokemon I needed for candies like Bellsprout and Poliwag because I ran out of Pokeballs. The speed limit is really ruining this game for me, I also failed to catch Lickitung -_-. Only managed to get one Horsea. I feel like I might have to take a break from the game for a while cause I dont have the time to seriously play it.

Level: 21
Caught: 85 -> 87
New species: Nidoking, Venomoth

Got enough Nidoran M catches to evolve for Nidoking. Hatched 3 Eggs, 1 of them being Venonat. That gave me enough candies to evolve it right away.

I caught two Magnemite and another Omanyet earlier today, so I have enough candy to evolve both of them. I run into Kabuto less often by comparison, but if I can find two more of them, I can evolve a Kabuto as well. I have a few ten kilometer eggs to hatch, so hopefully I can get a Kabuto or even a couple of Dratini.

Level: 21
Caught: 87 -> 88
New species: Ninetales

Hatched a Vulpix, got enough Candy, evolved it. It stands at 1196 CP, 4th place, kicked Seadra out of the Top 6.
The Top 6 now has 3 Fire-types, talk about balance :p

Lv: 15.

New Pokemon gotten: Gloom,Jolteon.

I now have all the Eeveelutions, but I plan to catch some Eevee to get candy for when Gen 2 Pokemon get released. I also got enough candies to evolve an Oddish after getting one from my latest egg. Im also pretty close to being able to evolve Staryu, I just need to catch one more.

Back
Top Bottom