• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Platinum information thread

A few questions:

1) Who is that kid next to Hareta?
2) Why is Hareta even IN the scan?
3) What is that thing that looks like a bizarrly drawn Piplup?

I think they arent from the same anime. Im sure that guy is from Duel Masters.

They're just characters from other manga/anime/franchises, who cares?!
It's not like it's a secret that Pokémon isn't the only thing you find in Coro Coro ...

They're just characters from other manga/anime/franchises, who cares?!
It's not like it's a secret that Pokémon isn't the only thing you find in Coro Coro ...

I'm aware of that, but it just seems strange why they would mix in random things from other media on a page about Pokemon.

But Hareta IS from Pokemon. What was the reason for having him on there?

I'm aware of that, but it just seems strange why they would mix in random things from other media on a page about Pokemon.
It's not a page about Pokémon, it's about the next magatine issue in total ...

But Hareta IS from Pokemon. What was the reason for having him on there?
Who.
Fucking.
Cares.
It happens in every Coro Coro and there is no reason to mind it.
The art of him is from the Pokémon DP manga, which - surprise, surprise - is published in Coro Coro before it gets released in books (tankobon), apparently.

Geez it seems like a lot of people recently act as if they see Coro Coro, the blue skY blog or other common discussion topics for the first time.

These other characters that can be seen in Coro Coro have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Let us please get back on topic about a certain Pokémon game that is released this autumn.

Edit: Here is a machine translation of the bit about Pokémon Platinum from the Coro Coro preview page:
Pokemon "platinum" 100-person present scratch-off lottery ticket *, * * -- what!!! (it is sticky instantly あ) The scratch-off lottery ticket to which the newest Pokemon software "platinum" which the inside of the world observes is equivalent to 100 persons is done suddenly!! Premonition which removes that even the cellophane tape of business is sold-out.

Last edited:
Unown Lord said:
First of all, "this time" implies a reference to the current generation. By "keeping quiet to themselves", I mean that Game Freak have taken around a year's time off an intensive Pokémon project.

Stop being argumentative about perfectly explicit and valid statements.

I'm not saying anything like that. I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. Why don't you calm down first.

And I can't just agree that your statements are valid anyway. They are all your assumptions.

How, prey tell, is the statement that the gap between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum is slightly longer than the gap between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald - an expression of an opinion? For that matter, how is it not valid to observe that the gap is longer than it was in previous generations, despite the fact that Game Freak haven't released anything else in the entire intermediary period?

You are being a little too transparent here. You may find my opinions scattered opinions here and there earlier in this thread, but all of your "rebuttals" have been aimed at the statement of solid facts.

I'm not saying anything like that! You're not making any sense! There's no such thing that the time period between R/S and E and D/P and P are different! They're almost the same!

Which part of "slightly longer" don't you understand: the adverb or the comparative? The more important point is that FireRed and LeafGreen were released between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald, but in the current gap, no Game Freak games have been released since Diamond and Pearl.

Which part of "IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG" don't you understand

~~~~

Also, the reason gaps between games are longer is probibly because the games are bigger, thus harder to develop. This is why I think G/S remakes havent been released yet because they need to develop a 3D Johto and possibly Kanto.

I would imagine that the games are easier to develop now because the DS hardware isn't very limited compared to the GBC or even GBA. Thus they can use C++ (for example) to do things quickly compared to, say, assembly. Plus the DS has a filesystem, which makes things easier to keep track of.

Last edited:
Oh god Empo' get out of the damn "Let's flame Unown Lord" band wagon already. Its amazing that you consider him the centre of contraversy when you so clearly are the one trying to pick a fight.

I mean if you get off your high horse for a second, perhaps you can actually see the separation between his opinions and the actual facts he states.

Nothing in the fourth generation was 3D. It was 2D animation imitating 3D. there is just really no use for a GSC remake at this time, unlike FRLG and probably wished to focus on Sinnoh before getting into the older games if a remake were to be made.

Barely, and I'm guessing you mean the map you have in your Key item's pocket? I found RSE's map to be more "3D"

However, it is more likely you are reffering to overworld sprites? My answer to that would be the same (except for the 3rd generation comment). Either way, why should it take that much longer for them to revamp GSC's overworld when it didn't take that long to revamp RBY, unless their skills as graphic artists haven't advanced as much as the graphics themselves, then yes, I can see why it would take them twice as long.

With that said, I still stand by my statement that there is no need for a GSC remake at this time, and will probably be released near the end of the DS's life span to tie us over to the next generation. Its not as if Pokemon will come out instantaneously after the DS' successor.

Oh god Empo' get out of the damn "Let's flame Unown Lord" band wagon already. Its amazing that you consider him the centre of contraversy when you so clearly are the one trying to pick a fight.

I mean if you get off your high horse for a second, perhaps you can actually see the separation between his opinions and the actual facts he states.

Looking over the entire thread, all I see is this guy discrediting any possible theory or speculation posted. Maybe he is right but all he seems to be doing is making the thread less enjoyable for other people. I dont see why in between every 4 posts is a Unown Lord post.

However, it is more likely you are reffering to overworld sprites? My answer to that would be the same (except for the 3rd generation comment). Either way, why should it take that much longer for them to revamp GSC's overworld when it didn't take that long to revamp RBY, unless their skills as graphic artists haven't advanced as much as the graphics themselves, then yes, I can see why it would take them twice as long.

The D/P overworld is considered 3D. There skills will have advanced but I still doubt they would be making maps at the speed they could in gen 3. Not only this but now they have more space on cartriges they have to include more content (unless they want to be lazy and give us a half arsed attemt). Its only a theory about why we are getting less games.

Looking over the entire thread, all I see is this guy discrediting any possible theory or speculation posted. Maybe he is right but all he seems to be doing is making the thread less enjoyable for other people. I dont see why in between every 4 posts is a Unown Lord post.
Suppose for a moment that the above were an accurate description of my posts in this thread (it isn't), would that give anyone the right to force me to stop posting? You can can try to counter my points, and if the point is based on a personal of mine you may just succeed to do so (whereas arguing about facts as JB88 has been doing is futile), but replying just for the sake of letting me know that you find me condescending only makes you (and anyone else who has done the same) juvenile and inconfident.

Unown Lord said:
The more important point is that FireRed and LeafGreen were released between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald, but in the current gap, no Game Freak games have been released since Diamond and Pearl.

There you go, this part, right here, makes no sense. Are you just talking about the major games that have been released?

You are purposefully being careless when reading my posts. After five times, how is it that you still don't see it?

Unown Lord said:
no Game Freak games have been released since Diamond and Pearl.

Or are you perhaps you just ignorant of the fact that spin-off games are not released by Game Freak?

Since Platinum is confirmed, I'm guessing that Volkner not being the Sunnyshore gym elader is confirmed aswell. I just hope they don't pull a Wallace.

However, I am interested in seeing who the new leader would be. I'm guessing a new guy, but Jasmine can open up an interesting side story. If a GS remake comes about, and Jasmine becomes Sunnyshore's gym leader, there is no doubt that you will fight her in olivine the first time around. Perhaps Olivine will get a new leader after beating the Kanto part of the game?

Back
Top Bottom