• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that characters looking like their ancestors and vice versa is quite literally an anime trope so it’s not that personal.
It’s not even limited to anime as western cartoons and even live action often do it as well as referenced in Honest Trailers’ commentary on Back to the Future: "Journey to Hill Valley: a place where the gene pool is so shallow, that everyone’s ancestor looks exactly the same as their descendants."

:unsure:

I've been thinking about it and I kind of hope there is some sort of optional feature to track our progress across the 3 stories of the game and let us know when we are near important story beats. Ya girl just isn't much of an explorer so chances are I won't be doing like the trailer says and going through every nook and cranny of Paldea, and I've already mentioned how I DREAD the possibility of having to backtrack in this massive region. I really don't want to be near a location that has an important story moment, but because I have no clue its there I just go straight past it and am left having to gulp...BACKTRACK. Obviously the gyms shouldn't be too much of an issue since I assume they'll be in the cities and towns, plus we can see them on the existing map, but for the other 2 stories which seem to be hinted as being more exploration based, I feel this could be a big help.

Plus, I think it would be quite beneficial for those of us who are going in semi-blind (avoiding everything that isn't officially revealed information), who won't already know where we need to go. As for how it would work...since we've seen a map on screen, maybe there could be some special symbol that alerts us of 'hey, you're near something that just may be important, why not head that way if you want". Or a counting system which would say "You've completed 7/10 tasks for story B", so we can get a feeling for how much we've already done. And again, it could be completely optional for those who just want the total mystery or would find something like that too easy.

I've been thinking about it and I kind of hope there is some sort of optional feature to track our progress across the 3 stories of the game and let us know when we are near important story beats.
I would not worry too much; I expect the game to have waypoint markers for the next part of each quest (like Legends and many other modern games) so the player won't miss anything.

I would not worry too much; I expect the game to have waypoint markers for the next part of each quest (like Legends and many other modern games) so the player won't miss anything.

I really hope so. Honestly this whole open world thing has me a bit nervous. :LOL: I do not want to just pass by major story beats and have to be forced to go back after far passing them.

While we're talking about things we hope are in the game, my, probably unpopular, want is the ability to delevel and unevolve our old pokemon. Like if you want to use a pokemon from an old playthrough but can't because it's already level 100. That leads to needing to breed for a new one, and then you'll have dozens of that pokemon from all the times you wanted to play the game with that pokemon. This would largely be for the people that transfer pokemon.

While we're talking about things we hope are in the game, my, probably unpopular, want is the ability to delevel and unevolve our old pokemon. Like if you want to use a pokemon from an old playthrough but can't because it's already level 100. That leads to needing to breed for a new one, and then you'll have dozens of that pokemon from all the times you wanted to play the game with that pokemon. This would largely be for the people that transfer pokemon.
Call it Pokemon Couch, it's like daycare except all they do is sit on the couch all day watching TV/video games and stuff their faces with puffins.

And watch their stats/levels atrophy/drop haha

Hoping for a big regional Pokedex. I'm thinking of using a different team for each story.

I'm starting to think that the whole "three story" thing is getting overblown.

It's probably like three simultaneously happening plots that can be started in any order that may or may not all converge at the end rather than three seprate stories that are self contained like the base game, Isle of Armor, and Crown Tundra were.

Yeah in practice I Imagine the three stories will just be identical to one big story, because while I assume you can do all of one story and ignore the other two untill later, that will probably make you super op for the other stories

Yeah, just three series of objectives with their own markers on the map and all.

yeah, we've always had 2 stories running simultaneously, 3 if you count the dex. i think it'll be something similar, except the stories are simply disentangled. i do hope they converge together in the end for one memorable climax

In other news, Japan is getting a pre-order artbook again.

I hope we get new fossils this gen! (that aren't Frankenstein monsters)

???

What have we gotten that America never got?
Not sure what country specifically we is but
The UK Amazon pre orders of PLA got a steelbook and replica of the hisui pokeballs
And according to this list japan got a tcg card and southeast asia got... a folding fan for some reason.
Or in SV's case, UK gets a cool statue figure thing of the 3 starters while the us gets... In-game healing items.
Not sure what japan gets.

I'm starting to think that the whole "three story" thing is getting overblown.

It's probably like three simultaneously happening plots that can be started in any order that may or may not all converge at the end rather than three seprate stories that are self contained like the base game, Isle of Armor, and Crown Tundra were.

Imagine the Treasure Hunt being the main story and the other 3 are sub-stories related to the Treasure Hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom