• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do not post leaks in this thread!!
Last edited:
Wow, I didn't expect a new trailer so soon! I hope it'll be a version exclusives trailer. It's about time to learn more about some exclusive Pokemon and characters. But whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be cool.

I'm glad we're getting more information again so soon. We are about 2 months away so the new info + marketing should be more frequent leading up to the release.
I'm still sceptical.

SwSh's marketing cycle had 2 trailers in September; One overview-trailer about Sirfetch'd (preceded by a teaser) and another more sizable trailer about camp/curry and featuring Cramorant as well as Polteageist.

We've already gotten this month's 'Sirfetch'd' in the form of Graffaiai, so tomorrow's trailer might as well be the equivalent to SwSh's camp/Cramorant/Polteageist trailer.

October had two trailers back in 2019; One about Galarian Ponyta (and the infamous 24h livestream), as well as a minor one about some unique Gigantamax forms.

So, SwSh didn't really have that much of a ramp-up, and we still have to see if SV gets it.

Kinda makes me wonder why they revealed Grafaiai (sp?) earlier if they were just gonna have a Presents this week.
Grafaiai is like the Sirfetch'd (Porygon got into the site and scrambled the image), Galarian Ponyta (Glimwood stream), Hisuian Voltorb (Ball guy dropped his balls), and Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark (found footage) of the generation.

They probably just thought the nocturnal graffiti artist lemur would be the best subject for a gimmick reveal.

I'm still sceptical.

SwSh's marketing cycle had 2 trailers in September; One overview-trailer about Sirfetch'd (preceded by a teaser) and another more sizable trailer about camp/curry and featuring Cramorant as well as Polteageist.

We've already gotten this month's 'Sirfetch'd' in the form of Graffaiai, so tomorrow's trailer might as well be the equivalent to SwSh's camp/Cramorant/Polteageist trailer.

October had two trailers back in 2019; One about Galarian Ponyta (and the infamous 24h livestream), as well as a minor one about some unique Gigantamax forms.

So, SwSh didn't really have that much of a ramp-up, and we still have to see if SV gets it.

That's a very good point. The reveal cycle could end up the same as Sword and Shield. I should have clarified that we're simply getting more trailers and info. Who knows how much more will be revealed before release.

That's a very good point. The reveal cycle could end up the same as Sword and Shield. I should have clarified that we're simply getting more trailers and info. Who knows how much more will be revealed before release.
Yeah, it's all relative. I saw Joe Merrick posting on Resetera, claiming how SwSh revealed 16 Pokémon at this mark, compared to SV's 12. And how this isn't really much of a difference. This was in reply to people 'complaining' about the lack of new Pokémon being revealed, especially compared to Sun/Moon's cycle.

But he forgot how it's still a 33% difference (which could honestly change tomorrow), and how SwSh's marketing was really surprising (in a bad way, and riddled with controversies) and lacking (in quantity), compared to its predecessors. Not just Sun and Moon.

We know they could still show us a lot more before release, without spoiling us.

I was shocked to see we're getting another trailer tomorrow, but honestly, I'm even more shocked that we were actually told about it beforehand. If I am remembering correctly, most of SwSh's and SM's trailers were dropped randomly, excluding important ones like the Directs/Presents. So far, the only trailer they didn't announce beforehand was the Grafaiai reveal (which we knew was coming with the social media lead-up).

On one hand, I like this change in the marketing cycle, because it gives us time to speculate on what the trailer may reveal and builds excitement. On the other hand, I loved the random trailer drops from before, especially during the Sun and Moon reveal cycle. It gave me a little jolt of hype and excitement everytime I saw that a new trailer had dropped.

Anywho, I am looking forward to seeing what they have to show us tomorrow. As mentioned earlier, if this trailer is similar to the one we had during September 2019, it will show off the game's new Amie/Refresh/Camp feature, as well as a couple of Pokemon. I think it's also time we saw some more characters too, so I hope we get one of two reveals for them as well. Not sure if I'll set an alarm for tomorrow's trailer though, I just fixed my sleep schedule and I really don't want to mess it up so soon. Knowing me though, I'll probably wake up anyway XD.

Looks like we now have our villains for the game. And have more detailed info on the paths, as well as a new crab Pokemon called Klawf. There's also two mysterious Pokemon at the end.

The new Pokemon are Armarouge, Ceruledge, and Klawf. Klawf is a pure Rock type, Armarouge is a Fire/Psychic type (we finally have this typing on a regular Pokemon, it was previously only seen on a battle only form, a Mythical, and a fully evolved starter), and Ceruledge is a Fire/Ghost type. Armarouge and Ceruledge were seen at the end and I believe that they are version exclusive to Scarlet and Violet respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom