• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hate that they always shove Pikachu down our throats. The fact it got a extreme closeup despite all the new around it means its going to get sucky exclusive on the new stupid gimmick again.
It's the series mascot. You really gotta just make peace with that.

The fact that there’s a building that looks suspiciously like the Sagrada Família has me sweating nervously, there’s no way they’d drag religion into Pokémon surely... :lapras:
Easily the most iconic building in Barcelona, and you think they wouldn't include it? :p

9.jpg
Screenshot 2022-02-27 7.32.33 AM.png

Okay can we talk about the textures on the Pokemon models? Like it's hard to see with some of them, but that screenshot of Lucario?! Like you can see the fur on it. And Magnemite actually looks metallic.

Edit:

Seviper has scales

FMnNAQZXsAE7Cxu.jpeg

Last edited:
It's the series mascot. You really gotta just make peace with that.
Trust me, I have. It's just Pikachu is so shoved down our throats a lot more than other mascots in my opinion. For a series with over 900 hundred characters to make a mascot from, you stay focus on a specific few amount from one generation. Aren't we supposed to have a group of mascots now? What happened to the other like 20 they supposedly treat as mascot Pokémon?

With the textures I’m glad they’re making a mix of their previous modeling and modeling like Pokken
As I think Pokémon like Lucario having some fur textures and Seviper having scales is cool
But I also don’t want Pikachu to look like detective Pikachu Pikachu so I like the mix

And the eyes look like they have some depth like their not on the same layer or plane as the skin/fur etc…as they have indentation

Attachments

• B3EA0BF2-8375-4EBD-B701-DF143CA61B0E.jpeg
    B3EA0BF2-8375-4EBD-B701-DF143CA61B0E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 54681E01-BD50-4229-A3A8-D7DC3C79A206.jpeg
    54681E01-BD50-4229-A3A8-D7DC3C79A206.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
Here we are! Its Gen 9 everyone!

The trailer at first had me thinking Detective Pikachu 2, but nope! Here we are! Stepping into a new generation! First thing I noticed is the world and Pokémon models look significantly better than they did in Sword and Shield. The other thing I noticed is its absolutely confirmed that this game is open world. The trailer description does mention open world. I'm really amazed by the world itself. It just looks beautiful.

On the starters, I love all 3 of them. We'll probably have to wait a couple months before we see them in action, but this is a very solid trio. I think Fuecoco is my favorite of the new starters.

I just hope though that they can improve on elements that SwSh was lacking in. While I kinda wish this was a 2023 game, I just hope we don't get another lackluster main series game. Their 2nd run on a main console is usually a big improvement after the previous one, so hopefully its better than SwSh at least.

Hey, this looks pretty good, and the region feels very alive so far. I like that they kept the little pokemon interactions in the overworld rather than them just walking around.

I have to say, and my opinion will probably change over time, but the starters feel very… fanmade. They aren’t bad by any means, but there’s something rather off about their looks… either way, the cat is lovely.

Yeah the starters confused me at first as I was more accepting of the Galar starters than most I feel but these felt weird at first

For me I think it depends on what they evolve into for me to have a true opinion

So that this point we can see a clear buildup to this game throughout generation 8, as Sw/Sh introduced open areas with the wild zone and then the DLC and Legends Arceus was split into several small zones, but each one was open outside the tutorial phase of the fieldlands.

People have suspected this since the wild areas was announced and now it's here, with no ambiguity like the early Arceus announcement.

Okay can we talk about the textures on the Pokemon models? Like it's hard to see with some of them, but that screenshot of Lucario?! Like you can see the fur on it. And Magnemite actually looks metallic.
Yeah, I noticed Lucario's visible fur earlier. It reminds me of when that happened in Smash Bros.

As for the starters I'm pretty meh on them so far.

I love how pokemon actually have textures and fully 3D eyes. If you look closer you can see Seviper has scales, Lıcario has different textures for its fur, armbands, spikes; Larvitar and Seviper have real eyes, not animated textures but hmm I don't know how to put it in words since English is not my first language but I'll say eye holes(?) and I think you'll understand what I mean If you look closer.
With the textures I’m glad they’re making a mix of their previous modeling and modeling like Pokken
As I think Pokémon like Lucario having some fur textures and Seviper having scales is cool
But I also don’t want Pikachu to look like detective Pikachu Pikachu so I like the mix

And the eyes look like they have some depth like their not on the same layer or plane as the skin/fur etc…as they have indentation
That was what I was trying to say thank you for the photos.

Wow, two main line games in the same year (three if we count BDSP). My heart cannot take it and neither GF looking at those textures.
Joking apart, I'm pleased to see a lot of Legends stuff will be in Gen 9, this is the right direction. Spain region is meh but I really like all the starters (Water->Grass/Fire). The graphics are meh even if a little step forward was done. The structure of the world seems good, I'm glad they've decided to keep Legends verticality.
Open-world of pokemon, uh?

They're going all in on the detail in this game it feels like. The next games will probably look even better!

In my opinion the reason this game graphically looks better is because of the improved lighting and the colour palette. Legends was very washed out. The lack of AA still hurts though...

Yeah they’re improving on legends in the sense of lighting, some textures, new materials like that cities ground and such benefit from the abundance of dirt and such and things like grass not being as common to it filling more gaps (from what I’ve seen)

Also it might be more streamlined as if it follows a tradition Pokémon game it wound be as open world as Legends Arceus

Just saw the art of the protag. All I can say is the first clothing store better be available right at the start of the game, lmao.
The protags are pretty weak in this game. In game they look very different though. Hopefully that's for the best.

I'm excited. =D This region looks beautiful and I'm hyped to be going somewhere warm after Galar and Hisui.

Hoping that cat doesn't go bipedal- please stay on all fours, Sprigatito. Please.
Also really curious what Fuecoco is going to evolve into... hopefully not a snake.

Just saw the art of the protag. All I can say is the first clothing store better be available right at the start of the game, lmao.
Oh gawd, legit. Those are not great outfits. The fact that they depend on what version you pick is also a weird choice... but I guess at least they look kind of equally terrible.

Wow I really wasn't expecting this already, but it looks really cool! I just hope they didn't rush it and it lacks depth like SwS kind of did. The grass starter is amazing and I can't wait to have one! (probably going to not evolve it lol) Spain is a great idea for the region base too - I remember when a lot of people thought Spain was coming for Gen 8 because of some stuff in the second SM movie...I'm pretty excited about this region, the player characters look fine imo since I guarantee we will get customization, and the video was fun too! So far all good on this new game and I can't wait to play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom